• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is Herman starting to prod Stoops yet?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just look forward to the day when we leave this conference. Often times it feels like it's holding the program back.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have an eye for QB talent, Mahomes and Webb are going to get drafted in the 1st two rounds. Coach Bro will end up at SMU or a smaller school like that after this season though.
Coach GQ also had Stidham committed to Tech originally til Artie boy swooped in.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just look forward to the day when we leave this conference. Often times it feels like it's holding the program back.

That's on the coach imho. OU has recruited well enough to beat anyone in any conference. Those arse whippings at the hands of Clemson and Ohio State had zero to do with the conference y'all are in.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's on the coach imho. OU has recruited well enough to beat anyone in any conference. Those arse whippings at the hands of Clemson and Ohio State had zero to do with the conference y'all are in.

Actually we haven't. We've been recruiting mediocre classes by big boy standards. That was painfully obvious against Ohio state and Clemson.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, it might do bob some good to have Herman come in and piss him off. I think the lack of and competitiveness from Texas has frankly lulled him to sleep somewhat in the past. Let's face it. The RRSO has been nationally significant for years now. If that's what it takes for Bob to get his edge back then so be it.

I totally agree. But I always go back to what Bob really needs to do if he wants to win another National Championship is get rid of Mike Stoops as his DC. With that dumb ass as our DC, we can count on at least 1-2 games every year when the defense doesn't even get off the bus. We can score enough points to beat anyone. The problem is letting other teams run wild on us when our defense is stinking the place up. And Texas is going to start scoring more points which means they will be that much harder to beat if we don't have an A-game defense every year in the RRSO.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year are you using?

Texas was 5th in total offense
2nd is rushing offense
8th in passing
6th in passing

This is with mostly underclassmen and a true freshmen at QB. Texas is losing very little production in the passing game. Foreman hurts in the running game. OU is losing over 60% of their recieving yards. 1 player was 37%. So I am trying to figure out why you think it is easier to recruit at Texas based on depth chart.
What year are you using?
Those are 2016 stats.
2016 Big 12 College Football Team Statistics Leaders for Total - ESPN

Texas, total offense, 7th, 5th in rushing. You might link who is feeding you these numbers.

Last edited:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol your starting QB and star player is a Texas Tech reject.
Lol and he has more big 12 titles than any Texas QB ever. I Guess if you wanna count colt McCoy pine rider ring he got cause of Vince, they're tied. :rofl:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol and he has more big 12 titles than any Texas QB ever. I Guess if you wanna count colt McCoy pine rider ring he got cause of Vince, they're tied. :rofl:

And Steve Kerr has more NBA titles than Larry Bird.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a lot of Texas last year, most notably because I had Foreman in my fantasy league. I never really thought of them as being a great or even good offense. At times they were good at times they were awful. A lot of inconsistency. They were 66th in the country in terms of efficiency which ranked 9th in the Big 12. Which is about right IMO.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman seems to have a lot of Switzer in him, hopefully without the paying players and drug dealers though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a lot of Texas last year, most notably because I had Foreman in my fantasy league. I never really thought of them as being a great or even good offense. At times they were good at times they were awful. A lot of inconsistency. They were 66th in the country in terms of efficiency which ranked 9th in the Big 12. Which is about right IMO.

They had a few issues.
1. Interior pass protection was bad, think blitz pick-up. WV really exploited that
2. 0 creativity. Throwing deep or throwing a hitch
3. Rarely used the middle of the field
4. They had a 2K yard rusher with 7 catches
5. TE and RBs combined to catch 15 passes (6%)
6. Despite having young talent at WR (better athletes than WR at that stage), Texas ran 0 reverses

Offense did very little to maximize talent.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a few issues.
1. Interior pass protection was bad, think blitz pick-up. WV really exploited that
2. 0 creativity. Throwing deep or throwing a hitch
3. Rarely used the middle of the field
4. They had a 2K yard rusher with 7 catches
5. TE and RBs combined to catch 15 passes (6%)
6. Despite having young talent at WR (better athletes than WR at that stage), Texas ran 0 reverses

Offense did very little to maximize talent.

I would agree. Seemed like the potential was there to be better. Just couldn't for some of those reasons listed above. Line play will be huge for Texas IMO. I actually think they'll be fine replacing Foreman.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. Seemed like the potential was there to be better. Just couldn't for some of those reasons listed above. Line play will be huge for Texas IMO. I actually think they'll be fine replacing Foreman.

Not worried about Foreman. The OL has proven to be solid at run blocking. They are all back, so barring injury I expect a solid run game. Herman will help in the pass game. Beuchele's best characteristics are his intelligence and accuracy. Neither are required in the Baylor system. He is much more suited for West coast principles. Herman uses a lot of levels. Beuchele should be more comfortable running that

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. But I always go back to what Bob really needs to do if he wants to win another National Championship is get rid of Mike Stoops as his DC. With that dumb ass as our DC, we can count on at least 1-2 games every year when the defense doesn't even get off the bus. We can score enough points to beat anyone. The problem is letting other teams run wild on us when our defense is stinking the place up. And Texas is going to start scoring more points which means they will be that much harder to beat if we don't have an A-game defense every year in the RRSO.

I've said it a million times in the past. Texas needs a strong OU and vise versa. Said the same thing about ATM when they were in the Big 12. It makes for better programs all around. Sure it's painful to lose sometimes, but it makes all of us stronger.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we haven't. We've been recruiting mediocre classes by big boy standards. That was painfully obvious against Ohio state and Clemson.

Been neck and neck with Clemson since 2012 (per 247 composite), Ohio State I give ya, Meyer is one of the best recruiters ever at a place that also recruits itself like OU.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been neck and neck with Clemson since 2012 (per 247 composite), Ohio State I give ya, Meyer is one of the best recruiters ever at a place that also recruits itself like OU.

Clemson has at least one top 10 class. That's what Oklahoma had been lacking up till last class. Otherwise we'd been hanging 15-20. No bueno. You have to have at least one top 10 class on your team to win the natty. The data pretty strongly bears that out. Below is the 247 rankings for each school for the last 6 years from 2016.

Class Oklahoma Clemson
2016 19 11
2015. 14. 9
2014. 14. 17
2013. 16. 15
2012. 12. 15.
2011. 13. 10

At no point in the last six years before 2017 does Oklahoma have a top 10 class, they damn near fell to 20 in 2016, and only came within striking distance once in 2012. Clemson has two and damn near a third. I know you don't think there's a significant difference there, but there definitely is. Oklahoma recruited well enough to beat almost anybody out there, but not well enough to hang with the heavy weights. I know you don't see the difference, and you'd be very happy with those classes, but at a place like Oklahoma, Ohio state, Alabama, Florida state, etc... the standards are different.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell Royal had a LOT of Switzer in him on one Saturday every October.

th