• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so here is the deal concerning KC

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 2 seasons are irrelevant Im talking about right now
See, I knew you wouldn't read the post, just react. The whole point of the analysis in the post is comparing the top modern QBs at years 4 and 5 of their careers. That would be the last 2 years for KC. But no, you have no biases. You don't even know, or understand what the op was talking about yet you automatically bashed it because he came to a conclusion that KC is one of the tops at this stage in his career compared to his peers at the same stage. But I know you won't read, or understand, this either.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its an article that focuses on stats. stats don't translate to winning. KC has proven that last year.
so has brees , your point ? brees sucks and isnt elite ? both qbs have one huge problem to overcome no defense , . a future HOF qb cant do it but your expectation is KC has too ? bias much

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its an article that focuses on stats. stats don't translate to winning. KC has proven that last year.

also it verifies my point dean , both brees are performing at top 6 level on the field , the rest of the team isnt . heck you can add rivers in it too . and you have both of them rated ahead of KC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i can compare them because flacco didnt win the superbowl , the TEAM did . and when the team wasnt as good he couldnt rise above it to carry them like you expect KC too

He had one of the greatest QB playoff performances that year. just wow

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one of the greatest QB playoff performances that year. just wow
So? Contracts are about what the player WILL do for you, not what he has done in the past. Has Flacco lived up to his contract?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Contracts are about what the player WILL do for you, not what he has done in the past. Has Flacco lived up to his contract?

Doenst matter do you think they were going to let him walk after that performance?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so did mark rypien , so what doesnt make him elite

In 1991 Rypien had a better passer rating than Jim Kelley, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino and Warren Moon. He had the second most TD passes in the league. More than Dan Marino, Warren Moon and Steve Young.

He’s no HOF'r like these guys, but in 1991 he was definitely the ELITE QB in the NFL.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1991 Rypien had a better passer rating than Jim Kelley, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino and Warren Moon. He had the second most TD passes in the league. More than Dan Marino, Warren Moon and Steve Young.

He’s no HOF'r like these guys, but in 1991 he was definitely the ELITE QB in the NFL.

well KC has performed at elite level as well and isnt elite either but ...............

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well KC has performed at elite level as well and isnt elite either but ...............

Again, I like KC and he's the best QB on our roster. Words such as "elite" and "great" IMO are over used these days. This kind of talk is all about the sizzle of TV broadcast, and other media outlets...making you think in the voice of my favorite broadcaster Harry Caray think "it might be, it could be"...but in reality, it's not.

Rypien was the best QB in the league that year, and that makes him elite. There is a very long list of players that have had really good statistical seasons in all sports, but only a very few can actually be defined as elite...and, KC to this point in his career is not one of them. Ryp was.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I like KC and he's the best QB on our roster. Words such as "elite" and "great" IMO are over used these days. This kind of talk is all about the sizzle of TV broadcast, and other media outlets...making you think in the voice of my favorite broadcaster Harry Caray think "it might be, it could be"...but in reality, it's not.

Rypien was the best QB in the league that year, and that makes him elite. There is a very long list of players that have had really good statistical seasons in all sports, but only a very few can actually be defined as elite...and, KC to this point in his career is not one of them. Ryp was.

was Nick foles elite ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big waste time gk. You are a stat guy and that is it. You are a fantasy football fan.

I showed he stats and I showed winning. The only guys on your first list with back to back winning seasons were Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Ben. Oh...and KC. And KC did it with far inferior defenses and running games.

You see. Those statistics I posted are called FACTS. Those wins and losses are FACTS.

I am going to use Cam as an example. When his defense was great, he appeared to be great because they put him in a good position. When his defense was down, he was exposed because he was in a poor situation...and that poor defense was still better than ours.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to dean he rates brees and rivers above KC (which is ok and fair ) but they have losing records as well the last couple of seasons . yet they are better (and older ) ? and KC has no chance to attain those levels ? none at all ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qb's that I think are better than KC. Rodgers, Brady,Brees,Ryan, Luck, Wilson,Newton,Ben, Carr,Rivers. That is 10. Kc is in the next 5 with Dak, Eli, Stafford, and Dalton. Kc is like the 11th or 14th depending on offense. Winston and Mariotta are still too young to evaluate.

Plus there is an argument for Palmer.

Eli threw for 8,400 yards, 61 TDs and 30 INTs. His passer rating was 22 and 13. His QBR was 27 and 17. His team was 17 and 15 while the defense was 10 and 32.

Stafford threw for 8,600 yards, 56 TDs and 23 INTs. His passer rating was 13 and 9. His QBR was 8 and 16. His team was 16 and 16 with defenses of 18 and 18.

Dalton threw for 7,400 yards, 43 TDs and 15 INTs. His passer rating was 2 and 15. His QBR was 20 and 3. His team was 18-13-1 while his defense was 17 and 11.

Palmer threw for 9,100 yards, 61 TDs and 25 INTs. His rating was 20 and 3. His QBR was 18 and 1. His team was 20-11-1 while his defenses were 5 and 2.

Dak played one season in the perfect situation.

Winston and Marriota have the same starting experience as KC, except they know their FO supports them because they were first rounders.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you see statistics matter when we talk about performance. There was nobody more consistently good than KC. Statistically. Very few of the guys you mentioned had two winning seasons. Many of those guys were only as good as their defenses and none of them had a defense worse than ours both seasons.

If you count sure wins given up by the defense and STs just last season we are easily in the playoffs. How many times does a team make a game winning TD in a single minute? How many kickers miss a game winning kick from 30 yards?

Stop being mad at KC about your TV. Be mad at yourself. Be mad at the piss poor defense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to dean he rates brees and rivers above KC (which is ok and fair ) but they have losing records as well the last couple of seasons . yet they are better (and older ) ? and KC has no chance to attain those levels ? none at all ?

Except Brees and Rivers have had losing seasons both seasons. KC had winning seasons both seasons.

KC was statistically superior to Brees one season and Rivers both seasons.