• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Haynesworth showed up....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...for the first day of training camp "significantly more slender and with a great attitude"...

(a friend of mine who works the beat says he looks about 45 pounds down and actually somewhat cut)

Wow, didn't see that coming......

When he said that he had his own offseason training regimen and he would be back slender and ready to be a three technique tackle (aka a 3-4 end) I figured it meant he would come back looking like Terrence Cody and pissy.

This is a nice surprise. he has always had the quickness and if he puts his mind to tit, he could be a freak of a 3-4 DE. With him on one side and Orakpo rolling from the OLB spot o the other side....what do you do?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he comes back looking like this:

albert_haynesworth.jpg

I will be thrilled and Brian Orakpo and Jeremy Jarmon should buy him all of the salmon and salad he wants.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard close to 45 at this point, and mostly around his cage, which would be nice.

A 3-4 front with Kemoeatu at NT and Carriker and Haynesworth at the end spots, with Orakpo and Jaromon at OLB and Fletcher and McIntosh at ILB spots would be pretty stout in theory.

There is NO DOUBT that he lost the weight so he would not have to play NT. he dieted his way out of a position, HA!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can live up to potential with some decent coaching..

I love him as a 3-4 end. He seems perfect for that. He has been on the same side as Orakpo, so if he can eat a block to release Orakpo, we could be talking about a hell of a season.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently one of the test was to run 3 300 yard sprints (Heard this on the radio). What lineman needs to run 3 300 yard sprints?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Guys like Haynesworthless are the reason my love for the Skins is slowly erroding to nothing. I can handle the losing (afterall I am a DC sports fan). I just can't tolerate the BS, and there has been alot of that since Danny took over. Hopefully MS can save this team, because while I may still be a fan win or lose, I desperately want my love for the team back.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I am in good shape and that would be rough in DC humidity for me and I am 211.

Yeah, I've read many articles that said he was going to fail regardless because the conditioning test were setup to make sure he failed.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a dead sprint for more than half a mile....at 330 pounds....in DC summer.....

It's not even a quarter of a mile, but I do see your point. It's still a hell of a sprint especially to do 3 times. I wonder if the coach made anyone else do crap like this?