• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So far proof the offseason is so full of crap

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts and media were doing everything they could to downsize TyMont, Hyde while hyping up rookies. It seems today players don't have to earn recognition, they get it before they even take a meaningful snap.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people were Hyde fans.

Cook had his fans and looks great. Fournette has done well so far. Hunt is blowing up

Mixon and Davis will still be good IMO.

FF is unpredictable. We're not gonna get everything right

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts and media were doing everything they could to downsize TyMont, Hyde while hyping up rookies. It seems today players don't have to earn recognition, they get it before they even take a meaningful snap.
Experts were down on Hyde early then started coming around as the season neared. TyMo was a mixed bag (including myself). Don't forget, Hyde is a pretty major injury risk too.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette, Cook, and Hunt were in the right situations though. If Ware did not get hurt, I'm not sure Hunt has what he has. McCaffery and Mixon were not. People were picking players to unseat starters who have done good enough. It's one thing to pick rookies to do well on teams whose RBs have been dreadful but to pick them on teams whose RBs have not, and have had RBBC issues for a long time(such as Carolina and Cincinatti), that's different. Mixon will need more carries to do anything imo.

I never said anything about Davis. I was talking about RBs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy this thread so you can just paste it into next season's version.

this happens every single season, especially in the age of the internet and the circus-like event that the NFL combine and draft have become

People will always tout the big rookies cause every one likes the shiny new toys.
I was hammering these boards in the preseason advising to pump the breaks on the rookies.

Looks like the Mixon and CMC owners will say I was right, and the Fournette and Cook owners will say I'm crazy to avoid these guys in the 2nd/3rd round of drafts.

All about your level of risk aversion.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts were down on Hyde early then started coming around as the season neared. TyMo was a mixed bag (including myself). Don't forget, Hyde is a pretty major injury risk too.

But TyMont fit what GB was doing and GB's history shows they are loyal to their players until they give them a reason not to be. Yes they were down on Hyde early but mini camp is not going to show anything. He's a injury risk but until he goes down he is the starter. Fournette and Cook were the obvious right choices among the rookies, the other were looking to take snaps from entrenched starters, those on offenses doing just fine, and on teams that were already distributing shares such as those two cat teams I already mentioned.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But TyMont fit what GB was doing and GB's history shows they are loyal to their players until they give them a reason not to be. Yes they were down on Hyde early but mini camp is not going to show anything. He's a injury risk but until he goes down he is the starter. Fournette and Cook were the obvious right choices among the rookies, the other were looking to take snaps from entrenched starters, those on offenses doing just fine, and on teams that were already distributing shares such as those two cat teams I already mentioned.
My issue with Monty is the lack of commitment to the running game since Ahman Green left. That's why, even as a Packs fan, I was hesitant on Monty.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So consensus was down on TyMo? And you're upset because???

More TyMo for me!

Who gives a shit what Michael Fabiano says?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So consensus was down on TyMo? And you're upset because???

More TyMo for me!

Who gives a shit what Michael Fabiano says?

It wasn't just Fabiano. He already is someone I don't listen to. It's the other people too, even posters here.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Fabiano. He already is someone I don't listen to. It's the other people too, even posters here.

pretty sure the posters here have told everyone countless times that ultimately, you have to make the calls on your own team. Just offering our own perspectives on talent level, situation, opportunity.

and I know this is shocking, but no one gets them all right.
I know, I know, we watch these games and study film and stats and everything possible, but still don't get them all right. The horror!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unbelievable. At least posters here HAD THOUGHTS OF THEIR OWN. If you didn't like TyMo, that's on YOU. Not Fabiano, not CBS, not Matthew Berry, not the hundred podcasts available, not sirius radio........... YOU.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded TyMo for Crabtree literally seconds before my keeper draft

so far, both owners are happy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year there's media hype and coach speak and you gotta wade through it and follow some of it and follow your own beliefs

cj anderson

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure the posters here have told everyone countless times that ultimately, you have to make the calls on your own team. Just offering our own perspectives on talent level, situation, opportunity.

I know, I know, we watch these games and study film and stats and everything possible, but still don't get them all right. The horror!
nope i'm still ballooning everyone but @HaroldSeattle over watkins last night

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only week 3...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not talking about what they are telling me. It's when I go on those News and Rumors posts and I hear what they are saying before I even post. I read threads that I never post on. I was never sold on drafting CMac or Mixon. I was Joe Williams because he was a late rounder.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was down on TyMo because I didn't like the fact that they really didn't commit to him last year but kept saying they would.............and then kept saying they would this year. I missed on TyMo.
As far as Hyde, the guy is a stud as far as I'm concerned and was able to get him on the cheap in the one league I have him in. His cost started rising and eventually started getting drafted when I had others ranked.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about what they are telling me. It's when I go on those News and Rumors posts and I hear what they are saying before I even post. I read threads that I never post on. I was never sold on drafting CMac or Mixon. I was Joe Williams because he was a late rounder.

Once again no one here has a crystal ball we're all guessing just like the "experts"

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again no one here has a crystal ball we're all guessing just like the "experts"
but i want guaranteed answers dammit:suds: