• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith leaving for NFL

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should have waited but I wish Donovan Smith the best.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Had he stayed an extra year I think with an improved line around him he would have shined and been a high draft pick. Of course I wish him nothing but the best. Thankful that we have a few OL coming in this year so everything shouldn't be terrible

"He was listed as Mel Kiper's number four draft-eligible undercalssmen tackle back in August, but is currently not listed on the ESPN analyst's top tackles board."

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly he may have been worried that he wasn't going to be a starter at Tackle going into next year with the incoming kids. I'm sure he could have earned a Guard spot, but he may not have been willing to do that. If he wants to play Tackle in the NFL this may have been his best opportunity to do so.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should have waited but I wish Donovan Smith the best.

I don't know if he had much of a choice. Let's just say the staff laid it out for him and he chose to go pro. He was known as lazy and having a poor work ethic by both this staff AND B'OB staff. Kid was pretty much told he was moving inside if he came back and would have to earn that spot. Has his degree, worst case, he continues to be lazy, flops in his attempt at pros and moves on into real world. Hopefully he gets his shit together and succeeds. Million dollar talent, 10 cent work ethic

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Barnes the best of luck. Who replaces him you think?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Barnes the best of luck. Who replaces him you think?

Sickels will replace him and they also like Torrance BRown A LOT. Shareef miller could get some play and is a similar player to Barnes.

Barnes comes from a very poor background, wants to help family. Has his degree, hope he is able to catch on somewhere.

Some crazy shit from reliable people saying that LJ contacted Barnes out of blue...was not contacted by Barnes first....and told him he's ready to go pro. That would definitely be a violation and prove LJ and his good guy act was a complete sham and the apples did not fall far from tree with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now James is leaving. I think Smith and James hurt their stock this year, but best of luck. AB and MG will play HUGE roles and I like the sound of that.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure James is NFL material. I'd imagine he'll spend alot of time on the practice squads. I can't blame him though, we are loaded at Tight End.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James is the only one that makes sense from an NFL perspective. He is a matchup nightmare. He was hurt the entire season after UCF and gutted it out. Its also the one that hurts the least as we are loaded at TE with AB, Gesecki, Carter and Holland coming in (possibly Bowers as well).

Heard it was some extenuating circumstances guessing family stuff) that caused him to jump. he's projected as a top 10 TE and will probably test his way to a higher ranking

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paris Palmer was probably going to replace Donovan Smith...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paris Palmer was probably going to replace Donovan Smith...

There's no doubt about that. He was going to be moved to guard and would've had to earn it. He's had a poor work ethic and O'Brien's staff felt the same about him. Million dollar talent, $1 work ethic. I don't think he was in shape at any point of his PSU career