• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack talk thread.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically he means you can be yourself here, but chik isn't welcome. Is that in terms you understand? :suds:

CHIK AINT WELCOME!!!!!??????? HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!

CLEMSON RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY ELSE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Marshawn passed with flying colors, right? Bullshit. Glass houses Wazz.

There are so many things about WAZZU that are hilarious, one is ANYONE from Wazzu accusing someone else of being stupid, also Kaepernick scored higher than Russell Wilson on the Wonderlic, so that just shows the value of a WSU education that Wazzu wouldn't really know that.

Finally, I find it so amusing that so many of these ESPN refugees were claiming that they are coming to Sportshoopla to "escape the 49er trolls" and they just want to talk football, then the head guy that's leading the charge to Sportshoopla starts a thread about the 49ers. GENIUS. Go to the 49er board Harold, there are umpteen billion threads on there, and very few of them are threads about how great the 49ers are, or how the Seahawks suck. The Seahawk board is in its infancy and needs to grow up.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are so many things about WAZZU that are hilarious, one is ANYONE from Wazzu accusing someone else of being stupid, also Kaepernick scored higher than Russell Wilson on the Wonderlic, so that just shows the value of a WSU education that Wazzu wouldn't really know that.

Finally, I find it so amusing that so many of these ESPN refugees were claiming that they are coming to Sportshoopla to "escape the 49er trolls" and they just want to talk football, then the head guy that's leading the charge to Sportshoopla starts a thread about the 49ers. GENIUS. Go to the 49er board Harold, there are umpteen billion threads on there, and very few of them are threads about how great the 49ers are, or how the Seahawks suck. The Seahawk board is in its infancy and needs to grow up.

I think you missed the point. The point is to have one sticky thread where we talk smack about each other and make ridiculous arguments to keep it out of the other threads.

Example: Kap's bicep kissing proves he is vain, arrogant, and not a team player. Russell Wilson is his moral and athletic superior.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point. The point is to have one sticky thread where we talk smack about each other and make ridiculous arguments to keep it out of the other threads.

Example: Kap's bicep kissing proves he is vain, arrogant, and not a team player. Russell Wilson is his moral and athletic superior.

Ok, I accept that explanation. Tongue in cheek and all that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson still passed the 26-27-60 formula marks while Kaepernick did not. Just saying.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I accept that explanation. Tongue in cheek and all that.

I had a couple of reasons for starting this thread.

1) Some posters on this board really seem to want to talk some trash.

2) Many ESPN posters sign up here but wandered right back to ESPN.
Reflecting on why did they do that? We got some good threads here.
concluded that they miss the arguments or debates to spice things up.
I figured have one thread to have some back and forth with real fans, might just be the thing to get some debates going and let out some steam.

We'll see how it works out.

:boom:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a couple of reasons for starting this thread.

1) Some posters on this board really seem to want to talk some trash.

2) Many ESPN posters sign up here but wandered right back to ESPN.
Reflecting on why did they do that? We got some good threads here.
concluded that they miss the arguments or debates to spice things up.
I figured have one thread to have some back and forth with real fans, might just be the thing to get some debates going and let out some steam.

We'll see how it works out.

:boom:

I'm still waiting for you to give me a little credit for getting you to the Sportshoopla board Harold under my ESPN alias. :)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the ending to the GB game again, I chuckled!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep missed the last test (completion percentage) by being at 58%, just saying.

Which is still not passing isn't it? Just saying. One of our QB's passed and the other FAILED. Fact.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore Wonderlic score: 6
Wonderlic to IQ conversion: 72

Marshawn Lynch Wonderlic score: 14
Wonderlic to IQ conversion: 88

With Gore's Wonderlic he would qualify as mentally retarded I believe.

I believe that 70 is the IQ mendoza line for mentally retarded, but only one of them has managed to be smart enough to stay off the police grid. But seriously, if you are going to brag about Marshawn being slightly less retarded then Gore, you must re-evaluate whether you should be talking shit to begin with.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I defended their actions. All I did is point out the players are making decisions based on their potential earnings and take risks that can end up hurting the team because of it. Where in there did I suggest it was right? Where did I suggest the sport is better off having drugs?

Right, I didn't. Nice try sport.

Again, where did I defend their actions? Did you not read where I said we have been yelling about it as loud as we can? You are trying to project things into others that aren't there. What does that say about you?

Do you not get that someone can point out that the league and players don't want to change the drug culture and that the players are making selfish decisions for the money and not actually support that climate?

Where did I wave a white flag? Do you value reading skills at all?

I've been saying all over, including this board, that it is absurd that the league isn't allowed to tell the public what their players came up dirty on and how much was in their system.

Seems to me you are now trying to change the subject because you know there is no defense in putting blame on Carroll or JS for the actions of their players. You can't answer to the points raised on those points so you instead create a misplaced outrage over claims I never made. :lame:

I'm not outraged about anything you do, I don't know you nor do I care to, sport. I still absolutely believe that JS and PC should be held responsible. Much like Bellichek was on the hook for SpyGate. Like Payton was on the hook for BountyGate. I know, you will argue how these were directly involved on the field of play whereas PEDs are not for coaches to police. But I would argue that not policing their own players beyond the minimal scope of what the NFL is doing should make them culpable and reflects on their leadership skills. 6 positive drug tests in two seasons...that is an organizational problem. This isn't one or even two isolated incidents that you can or should brush under the rug. This is averaging 3 positive tests per season. This is currently 12 total games missed by players on your team per year, assuming they are first time offenders.

You see it as outrage over claims you never made. I say outrage at how serious (or not) the Seahawks take these charges and how there is no attempt at reprimanding further beyond what the NFL did. That is where my outrage is. Don't kid yourself sport.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is still not passing isn't it? Just saying. One of our QB's passed and the other FAILED. Fact.

And yet kaepernick took the team to within 5 yards of a super bowl win despite coming in after the middle of the season. Fact. And he scored higher than Wilson on the wonderlic. Fact.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like Bellichek was on the hook for SpyGate. Like Payton was on the hook for BountyGate. I know, you will argue how these were directly involved on the field of play whereas PEDs are not for coaches to police.

You do realize that you pointed out two situations where coaches were punished that couldn't be more different than the current one in Seattle, right? Like, oh I don't know, the fact that it was the coaching staff that was directly involved. In fact, not one player served a single game of suspension for either scandal.

Should Jim Harbaugh have been held responsible when Aldon Smith got arrested for DUI? If Crabtree had been arrested for that sexual assault thing, would you be saying that Harbaugh should have been suspended, cause it's his player? These are things players are suspended for in the NFL today. It's embarrassing that this has been happening so often in Seattle (which is why the players had a meeting about it), but until there is evidence that the organization was directly involved then it's just the players.

At this point, the only thing Pete has done that may have brought this on is allow open competition at every position and make it known that anyone could lose there job if someone beats them out for it (ask Matt Flynn). That pressure to perform can bring out the best in people, but it can also make some very desperate.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that you pointed out two situations where coaches were punished that couldn't be more different than the current one in Seattle, right? Like, oh I don't know, the fact that it was the coaching staff that was directly involved. In fact, not one player served a single game of suspension for either scandal.

Should Jim Harbaugh have been held responsible when Aldon Smith got arrested for DUI? If Crabtree had been arrested for that sexual assault thing, would you be saying that Harbaugh should have been suspended, cause it's his player? These are things players are suspended for in the NFL today. It's embarrassing that this has been happening so often in Seattle (which is why the players had a meeting about it), but until there is evidence that the organization was directly involved then it's just the players.

At this point, the only thing Pete has done that may have brought this on is allow open competition at every position and make it known that anyone could lose there job if someone beats them out for it (ask Matt Flynn). That pressure to perform can bring out the best in people, but it can also make some very desperate.

I'm glad you brought the bolded part up because the NFL DOES punish organizations and fine them HUGE amounts of money for repeated brushes with the law. One of the best things Goodell did in my opinion was put some REAL teeth to consequences for organizations like the Bengals, which seemingly had to have a team lawyer on retainer in the event that another player would get arrested. Since then, you see guys like Titus Young, PacMan Jones, getting booted off their teams because teams either a) don't want to deal with the constant headache and/or b) don't want to have to pay the heavy fines associated with that player's stupidity.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet nothing you said speaks to the questions of whether or not PC and JS are accountable for what players put into their bodies. Saying teams can be accountable for multiple brushes with the law by the same players isn't the same thing as different players being caught for PED's.

The players have the incentive to take drugs to further make gains on the career and the team has plenty of incentive to prevent it. Given those two facts it's difficult to see how anyone blames the staff for the actions of the players unless you consider the source and chalk them up to just being haters.

There are several other teams in the league with 3 or more players caught over the last several years. There have been 50 players suspended in all which leaves Seattle as having 10% of the total. What that says is the problem is league wide and Seattle has had more than its share. Why? Isn't it more likely that the cause is one or more players on the team either making it very accessible and/or promoting the use?

If you are going to hold the staff responsible then you need to have some tools they can use to prevent it. What tools are you suggesting they have that they are not using and what proof do you have? Saying simply because they have had 5 over 2 years is too many isn't proof of any wrong doing. It just isn't.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet kaepernick took the team to within 5 yards of a super bowl win despite coming in after the middle of the season. Fact. And he scored higher than Wilson on the wonderlic. Fact.

So your counter point to Kaepernick not meeting the 26-27-60 baseline for QB's is he almost did something good? lol. I will almost respond to that....

Both QB's finished well above the average on the wonderlic which I've never thought shows much about football smarts to begin with. The idiot who was calling Kaepernick dumb was just being a hater and no one here supports his claim. Having said that, you really have no counter to the fact Kaepernick failed the baseline stats for NFL QB's. You can't say anything because that is pure fact.

He is full of fail on the stats people deem as important. You can bring up the part of that stat that is probably not important and skip the part is that based on performance all you want. I'm not going to let it go without pointing it out. He failed to complete over 60% of his passes at the college level despite playing in a mid-major conference. Why didn't he complete that many? Could it be he isn't as good at reading defenses and making tough throws as those who can complete over 60%? (pssst, that was a rhetorical question)

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your counter point to Kaepernick not meeting the 26-27-60 baseline for QB's is he almost did something good? lol. I will almost respond to that....

Both QB's finished well above the average on the wonderlic which I've never thought shows much about football smarts to begin with. The idiot who was calling Kaepernick dumb was just being a hater and no one here supports his claim. Having said that, you really have no counter to the fact Kaepernick failed the baseline stats for NFL QB's. You can't say anything because that is pure fact.

He is full of fail on the stats people deem as important. You can bring up the part of that stat that is probably not important and skip the part is that based on performance all you want. I'm not going to let it go without pointing it out. He failed to complete over 60% of his passes at the college level despite playing in a mid-major conference. Why didn't he complete that many? Could it be he isn't as good at reading defenses and making tough throws as those who can complete over 60%? (pssst, that was a rhetorical question)

He was 2 percentage points on one of the three tests in this guideline. The other two he passed. RGIII was two points shy on the wonderlic of passing this as well, and most people think he's going to turn out ok. You can tout this all you want, but the fact is that RGIII and Kaep both failed this test by two points on one of the criteria and both had pretty good years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for you to give me a little credit for getting you to the Sportshoopla board Harold under my ESPN alias. :)

Mmmm you do realized I've been a member of SportsHoopla as long as you've have.right? I've been aware of SportsHoopla ever since Ray started pulling 49ers fans over here and away from ESPN.

However You and Rvnight18 certainly deserve some thanks for promoting SportsHoopla as a good board and encouraging Seahawks fans to move on over. Keep up the good work, when or if you drop in on ESPN Seahawk board again.