• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack talk thread.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Cal fan so I know exactly how "smart" Marshawn actually is.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 in 6 players on the active roster?

Well there is Sherman, Browner, Moffitt, Guy and Irvin.

Those are the only guys on the roster to test positive for Adderall.

Allen Barbe (The 6th to test positive since 2011) was waived not long after his suspension. So if you're preaching accountability, there it is.

As far as Moffitt goes, I believe he had a legitimate excuse. He missed the briefing for rookie players on PEDs and I actually think he did have a prescription for Adderall, just hadn't cleared it with the league or something.

With Winston Guy you can probably count the amount of snaps he has played with the Seahawks. He's like the equivalent of a placeholder.

So it would actually be like 1 in 10.

If 7 Niners tested positive, I would be screaming for Harbaugh to do something. Suspend, waive, SOMETHING.

Unless I'm forgetting someone (Browner, Sherman, Moffitt, Barbre, Guy, Irvin) that's 6 players since 2011 and only 5 are on the current roster.

What are you going to do? Honestly you really think the Seahawks are going to waive Browner, Sherman or Irvin? They waived Barbre, and Guy hardly even plays at all. Moffitt I believe had a legitimate excuse so why would they waive him?

There is only so much that the coaches/GMs can do. I think that we both just differ in the fact that I believe it is the players' responsibility, not the coaches. My anger is at the players, not the coaches. For example, Irvin is a thug. Seahawk fans will probably get pissed at me for saying this because his whole "redemption story" was such a big deal after we drafted him but he's not a bright person and the PED suspension comes as no surprise to me.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Giants didn't clear Melky after his 50 game suspension in baseball, not allowing him to play in the post-season after his suspension is up. SEA could leave them off the active roster for a period of time. You may not want to hear that because that means your starting CBs both end up not dressing, but this is what I'm talking about.

As an athlete that had to take the most thorough piss test known to man on a regular basis during my athletic career, it is imperative that the players KNOW what they are taking and its even more imperative that the organization make sure that the players know that this shit ain't tolerated. If the Olympic ban was two weeks instead of two years, do you think that the ban would deter ANYONE?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Giants didn't clear Melky after his 50 game suspension in baseball, not allowing him to play in the post-season after his suspension is up. SEA could leave them off the active roster for a period of time. You may not want to hear that because that means your starting CBs both end up not dressing, but this is what I'm talking about.

As an athlete that had to take the most thorough piss test known to man on a regular basis during my athletic career, it is imperative that the players KNOW what they are taking and its even more imperative that the organization make sure that the players know that this shit ain't tolerated. If the Olympic ban was two weeks instead of two years, do you think that the ban would deter ANYONE?

Lol to be completely honest with you the odds of Bruce Irvin only taking Adderall are quite slim. Chances are he was taking something else and didn't think he'd get tested this early.

I was under the impression most NFL drug tests occur during the season and off-season testing is rare (if it occurs at all). That is likely when he was probably on around 20-25 IU's of legit HGH a day. Tren Ace around 800mg a week. Test suspension. Orals, lots of them. The HGH is what does it though, he can probably afford the good stuff.

I bet you good money that at least 15-20 players on every NFL roster are on HGH.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol to be completely honest with you the odds of Bruce Irvin only taking Adderall are quite slim. Chances are he was taking something else and didn't think he'd get tested this early.

I was under the impression most NFL drug tests occur during the season and off-season testing is rare (if it occurs at all). That is likely when he was probably on around 20-25 IU's of legit HGH a day. Tren Ace around 800mg a week. Test suspension. Orals, lots of them. The HGH is what does it though, he can probably afford the good stuff.

I bet you good money that at least 15-20 players on every NFL roster are on HGH.

I don't doubt that at all. There is a reason why the NFLPA has fought HGH testing all this time. What is natural about 300-lb dudes running 4.4 40's? I DO believe that Browner and Sherman took Adderall because, hey, what DB doesn't want to have increased hand-eye coordination, more focus, and more energy? Bottom line is that this league doesn't take drug testing seriously enough to truly discourage the players from testing their luck (no pun intended).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I don't doubt that at all. There is a reason why the NFLPA has fought HGH testing all this time. What is natural about 300-lb dudes running 4.4 40's? I DO believe that Browner and Sherman took Adderall because, hey, what DB doesn't want to have increased hand-eye coordination, more focus, and more energy? Bottom line is that this league doesn't take drug testing seriously enough to truly discourage the players from testing their luck (no pun intended).

Lol if they took Adderall as a performance enhancing drug they're phucking morons to the highest degree.

There are pre-workout supplements that have 50x the power of Adderall. Try taking some Jack3d next time you go to the gym, that stuff makes Adderall look like baby powder.

I've used Adderall to study with before and it's childs play in comparison to most over the counter workout supplements you can grab at GNC.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the NFL being lax on drug testing personally.

I only say that because the sport that you and I enjoy watching so much would be impossible to play at the level it's currently played at without performance enhancing drugs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It IS an organizational problem when almost 1 of every 6 active players on your team is testing positive on piss tests. You are right, it is the individual that is accountable initially, as they are grown ass men. But when it happens at the rate it has happened in SEA since 2011, then yeah, your organization has been soft on allowing these guys to continue doing what they are doing without recourse. Given Pete's history of cheating at USC, it is fun for Niner fans to poke the bear because in this situation, it IS valid. JS should be held accountable too. If 7 Niners tested positive, I would be screaming for Harbaugh to do something. Suspend, waive, SOMETHING.

I was a swimmer at National and International competitions, college scholarship as well. Every event I made finals in International swim meets or at US Nationals, I had to take a piss test, FINA driven. If I ever tested positive, I was banned from the sport for two years. There are swimmers with asthma that are not allowed to take their inhalers because of the steroids in them and WE ALL KNOW IT. We HAD to know it. So although I was not a football player, I know my way around a drug test and everything it takes to KNOW what is going into your body and the rules governing your respective sport.
hilarious_animal_pictures_funny_dogs_photos_words_you_are_stupid-1MD.jpg

You do know the CBA is so bad and basically does nothing to stop drug usage because neither the players nor the owners really want to put an end to it right? They have to appear to be doing something, but they are doing very little. Connect those dots in your spare time.

You don't think as fans we have been screaming at the team about this? You think we just sip latte's and take a bong hit and say it's no big deal? Of course we are tired of losing players over their own stupidity, but put the blame where it belongs.

The team has a compliance officer and the players are force fed the information on what is allowed and what isn't. There really isn't a lot more they can do outside of that. Players in pro sports hold all of the cards. They make more money and have more support than owners and coaches. Really, you people need to wake up and see the reality around you.

You want to compare pro football players to college and olympic level swimmers? lol. Really? :laugh3:
Pssst, every player that has been caught knows what they were doing and did it anyway. This isn't a case of just not being smart enough to know what is going in their bodies. They are guilty of rolling the dice and getting caught. How exactly does this relate again to your 'swimming'? :lol:

Please. h8rs are gonna h8 and that's about all this is. If you really believe half of the bullshit you are spewing then I feel sorry for your fan base.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro football players make millions and if they believe a steroid or adderall or HGH can give them enough edge to make the difference between being good and making a modest salary and being great and cashing in on massive multi-million dollar contracts you don't see where they would say screw the team and take that risk? Really? The team will trade them or cut them in a heart beat and they aren't there for them when they are barely able to walk after their career.

Let me say this again in as clear of language as I can: The players are in it for the money. Get it?

Given that the risk/reward is VASTLY different for pro football than college swimming I'm assuming we can just go ahead and ignore that right.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have a retarded quarterback and running back. If they ever make a trek out of Rainier School those 2 dumbass' wouldn't be allowed to leave.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro football players make millions and if they believe a steroid or adderall or HGH can give them enough edge to make the difference between being good and making a modest salary and being great and cashing in on massive multi-million dollar contracts you don't see where they would say screw the team and take that risk? Really? The team will trade them or cut them in a heart beat and they aren't there for them when they are barely able to walk after their career.

Let me say this again in as clear of language as I can: The players are in it for the money. Get it?

Given that the risk/reward is VASTLY different for pro football than college swimming I'm assuming we can just go ahead and ignore that right.

You are right, so because the stakes are higher for football players, why have drug tests to begin with, right? Because it doesn't matter if they're dirty, right? Because as long as they perform on Sundays, it doesn't really matter, right?

Maybe it IS my history with an Olympic sport that values the idea of CLEAN play more then a couch QB who defends it. Just because it isn't a rule now doesn't mean it can't be later. Look at what happened to baseball. It is not clean now, but the current drug testing policy definitely deterred quite a bit after fans revolted and forced both the owners and players' hands on the issue.

As far as ignoring the risk/reward in pro football, that is just stupid. Do you want a clean sport or not? Regardless of risk, if you want a clean sport, you add teeth to the CBA....real teeth. If you don't and you want to see players continue to rule the roost, then you keep it status quo. It sounds as if you are pretty much waving a white flag and don't really care about drug use in Pro sports. That's fine, but I tend to be a bit more critical of those that choose to cheat.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have a retarded quarterback and running back. If they ever make a trek out of Rainier School those 2 dumbass' wouldn't be allowed to leave.

Yet Marshawn passed with flying colors, right? Bullshit. Glass houses Wazz.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, so because the stakes are higher for football players, why have drug tests to begin with, right? Because it doesn't matter if they're dirty, right? Because as long as they perform on Sundays, it doesn't really matter, right?
Show me where I defended their actions. All I did is point out the players are making decisions based on their potential earnings and take risks that can end up hurting the team because of it. Where in there did I suggest it was right? Where did I suggest the sport is better off having drugs?

Right, I didn't. Nice try sport.

Maybe it IS my history with an Olympic sport that values the idea of CLEAN play more then a couch QB who defends it. Just because it isn't a rule now doesn't mean it can't be later. Look at what happened to baseball. It is not clean now, but the current drug testing policy definitely deterred quite a bit after fans revolted and forced both the owners and players' hands on the issue.
Again, where did I defend their actions? Did you not read where I said we have been yelling about it as loud as we can? You are trying to project things into others that aren't there. What does that say about you?

Do you not get that someone can point out that the league and players don't want to change the drug culture and that the players are making selfish decisions for the money and not actually support that climate?

As far as ignoring the risk/reward in pro football, that is just stupid. Do you want a clean sport or not? Regardless of risk, if you want a clean sport, you add teeth to the CBA....real teeth. If you don't and you want to see players continue to rule the roost, then you keep it status quo. It sounds as if you are pretty much waving a white flag and don't really care about drug use in Pro sports. That's fine, but I tend to be a bit more critical of those that choose to cheat.
Where did I wave a white flag? Do you value reading skills at all?

I've been saying all over, including this board, that it is absurd that the league isn't allowed to tell the public what their players came up dirty on and how much was in their system.

Seems to me you are now trying to change the subject because you know there is no defense in putting blame on Carroll or JS for the actions of their players. You can't answer to the points raised on those points so you instead create a misplaced outrage over claims I never made. :lame:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well at least our QB can see over the offensive line and doesn't need a high chair to eat at team meals :D

tumblr_mk078gnqoa1r0ftodo1_500.gif

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Marshawn passed with flying colors, right? Bullshit. Glass houses Wazz.

Frank Gore Wonderlic score: 6
Wonderlic to IQ conversion: 72

Marshawn Lynch Wonderlic score: 14
Wonderlic to IQ conversion: 88

With Gore's Wonderlic he would qualify as mentally retarded I believe.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want talk some smack? Bring it here. No major idiots however.

:boxing:

NOOOOOOO!!!!

You mean I can be an idiot but not a major idiot!!

I DON'T THINK I CAN DO THAT!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE HEAT AND THE LAKERS SUCK.

SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS SUCK.

THANK YOU

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOOO!!!!

You mean I can be an idiot but not a major idiot!!

I DON'T THINK I CAN DO THAT!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Basically he means you can be yourself here, but chik isn't welcome. Is that in terms you understand? :suds: