• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slumpin' sox fall to 2nd place temporarily-Yanks hold 3rd lowest playoff % in AL East

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chances of making playoffs per ESPN:

boston 49.2
baltimore 48.7
NY Yankees 45.8
Rays 35.7
Toronto 1.8

enjoy first place kids. if you were holding your breath with dirts monday prediction, you may be dead.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA dickey both sucks and blows

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ortiz: Accusations wrong

Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz said Wednesday that a Boston Globe column questioning whether his strong start to the season has been aided by performance-enhancing drugs is ethnically discriminatory.
"What is the point of criticizing someone who is working hard and trying to do it right?" Ortiz said in an interview in Spanish in the Red Sox clubhouse Wednesday, reacting to the column by Dan Shaughnessy of the Globe.
i
The thing that stung me was his statement about Dominicans. You mean that in Dominican Republic there are no players who try to do things right? We are all in the same boat. And the people here who have been caught, does that put everyone here in the same boat?
” -- David Ortiz​
The column casts Ortiz as suspect of cheating because he's hitting well at his age (37), has suffered an injury (Achilles tendon) consistent with steroid use and is from the Dominican Republic, where a number of players have tested positive for PEDs.
"Yesterday, the guy came to see me and asked some questions about steroids, and when you see the writing, it basically focuses on the fact that I'm Dominican and that many Dominicans have been caught using steroids. And what about the Americans?" Ortiz said.
"If you're from the Middle East, because there are some people there who put bombs and terrorize civilians, I have to see you like that, as well? If you are a white American, I have to call you a racist because white Americans were in the Ku Klux Klan?
"The thing that stung me was his statement about Dominicans. You mean that in Dominican Republic there are no players who try to do things right? We are all in the same boat. And the people here who have been caught, does that put everyone here in the same boat?"
Ortiz shared his thoughts in a recorded conversation for the "Grandes en los Deportes" ("Big in Sports") talk show on an ESPN Deportes Radio affiliate in the Dominican Republic.

"I have spent many years in Boston and still do not know the right way to do things: Do it right or do it wrong," Ortiz said. "If you do it wrong, they'll finish you. If you're doing well, they'll finish you, too. There's no area where you feel safe."
Ortiz, who said he is a "big, firm believer" in Major League Baseball's drug-testing program, told ESPN's Pedro Gomez on Wednesday that he was tested for PEDs on Tuesday night. Ortiz also told the Globe he has been tested "probably" five times this season.
Ortiz told Gomez he never has entertained the idea of using PEDs.
"This is a stage in my career that it's never crossed my mind ... to get involved with anything related to PEDs," Ortiz said.
Ortiz has been linked to PEDs in the past.
The New York Times reported in 2009 that he tested positive for PEDs during the 2003 season. Ortiz later said a combination of then-legal supplements and vitamins likely caused a positive test.
"I've had a couple of bad Aprils and they have tried to bring me to the point of suicide, but the seasons have continued, and I got better and finished with good numbers, but they have continued talking about the bad Aprils. Now I'm having a good April and they attack me anyhow," Ortiz told the radio show.

Ortiz had his 27-game hitting streak snapped in Wednesday's loss to the Twins, going 0-for-5, but still entered Thursday with a .381 average with four home runs and 17 RBIs in 16 games. The torrid start came after he missed the team's first 15 games with the Achilles injury, which also sidelined him for most of the second half of last year.
After the Red Sox' 15-8 loss to Minnesota on Wednesday, Ortiz wrote in his Twitter account: "The end of my hitting streak, but the season continues. Hopefully Dan Shaughnessy is a happy man now. No more .426, enjoy it."
"[Shaughnessy] thinks that because I'm 37, I go to the plate without a bat," Ortiz said. "I work a lot. I spend many hours before the game to prepare. I take on early practices, I watch videos, exercise. He should talk about that, about the routine I have for every game."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CC's too fat to pitch in the rain

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strong start by lackey (pitching at least)

7 IP
6H
1ER
1BB
8 K's

terrible throwing error basically cost him the game. error prone sox lately. either way, nice to see lackey pitching well.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good morning clowns

Tenacfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox better wake the fuck up

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mornin'

Sox suck. correction, something, something

:ranger:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in more important news, the sens knocked out les habitants 6-1, making every boston fans day

penguins won 4-0 in a romp

blackhawks won 5-1

cant wait for tonights game...cant WAIT

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mornin'

Sox suck. correction, something, something

:ranger:

i think only snoogins said the sox would be in first all year

divisions shuffle, all season usually

the biggest problem now is this team was DESIGNED to be bullpen-centric if you will. sox starters are generally all #2's and 3's. the pen was designed to be deep with hard throwers, to take pressure off the staff and hold late leads...this teamisnt going to score a shit ton of runs like in years past.

now the pens falling apart

interesting note:

over the last 3 closers...jenks, bailey, hanrahan

sox have sunk 27 million bux

and gotten absolutely nothing

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think only snoogins said the sox would be in first all year

divisions shuffle, all season usually

the biggest problem now is this team was DESIGNED to be bullpen-centric if you will. sox starters are generally all #2's and 3's. the pen was designed to be deep with hard throwers, to take pressure off the staff and hold late leads...this teamisnt going to score a shit ton of runs like in years past.

now the pens falling apart

interesting note:

over the last 3 closers...jenks, bailey, hanrahan

sox have sunk 27 million bux

and gotten absolutely nothing

Yep. Said yesterday or the day before they wou'dnt pay Paps and it's been failure after failure since...Even worse it seems Papi's peds wore off

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks in first! Loss column all that matters in baseball.

Lackey was great if you dis-regard the 3 run bomb

Swept by the Twins

Rockies scored 5 runs in 3 games

The young no names and wash ups continue the honor and tradition of NY Yankees baseball.

Grandy in a week, Tex in 2

Oh boy. Happy friday

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swept by the Twins

The young no names and wash ups continue the honor and tradition of NY Yankees baseball.

Oh boy. Happy friday

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Said yesterday or the day before they wou'dnt pay Paps and it's been failure after failure since...Even worse it seems Papi's peds wore off

Tried to warn ya Bailey and Hanrahan were crap

Listen to Dirt, you'll go places

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swept by the Twins

Oh boy. Happy friday

ummm

sox werent swept

they won game one

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swept by the Twins

Oh boy. Happy friday

Not a sweep they only took 3 of 4!

also no 3 run bombs I don't think

other than that the rest of your post sucked too

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to warn ya Bailey and Hanrahan were crap