• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slow draft question

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a .5 PPR start 2WR/2RB/TE/FLEX 12 owners
My turn to pick in a slow draft, here are my guys and current top options:
Charles - Jordy - Matt Jones - Kelvin - Ryan Mathews - Russell Wilson - Fitzgerald

***NOT IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE***
my top 2 available
WRs:
Tyler Lockett
Mike Crabtree

RBs:
Isaiah Crowell
Derrick Henry
handcuff charles? west or ware? I was kind of planning on waiting for someone else to choose, then taking whichever one they don't with my next pick

TEs:
down to the grouping of barnidge/julius/ertz/ebron/asj etc.....these guys are all the same at this point in the season, not really concerned after I missed out on Kelce by 1 pick, which could be a blessing in suicide format

I'm leaning WR, but not 100%. Love the possibility of Lockett/Wilson stack. Crabtree proved to be a top notch possession receiver - more reliable than Cooper in some games last year - in what appears to be a passing team? Not entirely sold on Lat Murray anchoring a better-than-average rushing attack.

Could probably use a RB to shore it up, but all the rookies are still out there, all ravens and giants clusters, both of my handcuffs. I think this might be the start of everyone getting their WR4s, and wanted to be part of 1st dibs, as Moncrief and Hurns were just drafted.
Also, Karlos Williams was just taken, pretty much the 1st handcuff off the board unless you count Gio, which I don't in any type of PPR league. So I'd have 1st crack at all handcuffs with this current pick as well.

advice quicker is better, since I am technically on the clock

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stacked Wilson and Lockett so my call here would be Lockett. I like him even without the stack.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your suicide you occasionally mention? Or different? Keeper, dynasty?

Suicide, or a redraft, I'm taking Crabtree. Lockett is going to be streaky good, and streaky very bad. Seattle doesn't pass often enough to support 2 WR's, and Lockett isn't "the guy",, yet. Keeper or dynasty, I'll take Lockett any day

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your suicide you occasionally mention? Or different? Keeper, dynasty?

Suicide, or a redraft, I'm taking Crabtree. Lockett is going to be streaky good, and streaky very bad. Seattle doesn't pass often enough to support 2 WR's, and Lockett isn't "the guy",, yet. Keeper or dynasty, I'll take Lockett any day

yup - 1st go at a suicide league with a little scratch on the line.
we had owners all over the place - some wanted at least $100 buy in, some only wanted everyone to toss in a token $20.
Ended up settling on $30, with the agreement to bump it up with we have enough interest/enjoyment from this format this season.

So no major stakes, top couple payouts will be enough to take the misses out for a nice dinner.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I looked it up. I saw a Seattle WR named Lockette retired, didn't realize they had two so close in spelling.

Tyler Lockett still playing
Ricardo Lockette retired

lol, yea, one is a practice squad guy the other is a rookie with some skills.
imo, he's flashed enough that makes me want to be on the hype train the year he blows up, cause he seems to have the perfect skill set to play with wilson. his quicks are quick.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup - 1st go at a suicide league with a little scratch on the line.
we had owners all over the place - some wanted at least $100 buy in, some only wanted everyone to toss in a token $20.
Ended up settling on $30, with the agreement to bump it up with we have enough interest/enjoyment from this format this season.

So no major stakes, top couple payouts will be enough to take the misses out for a nice dinner.
Those are actually my favorite. Enough on the line to keep you deeply involved, but not enough that you PISSED off at every loss.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like @TREFF was getting at - Crabtree may not light the world on fire, but he should be consistent on an offense that will pass. Where Lockett is the #3 option(maybe 4?) on a team that barely passes, and just had their WR1 say they need to reign the offense in after they passed a lot for a few games last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is good, but still the third WR on the Seahawks. So Crabtree is safer, but not that hard to match what he does....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yea, one is a practice squad guy the other is a rookie with some skills.
imo, he's flashed enough that makes me want to be on the hype train the year he blows up, cause he seems to have the perfect skill set to play with wilson. his quicks are quick.
He does, and I love him. But, and I give Harold the credit on this train of thought, Seattle is going to run the ball, the receivers on the field most often will be the ones best at blocking downfield. .Lockett isn't one if those guys. Baldwin and Kearse are.

Now he can definitely do enough damage just in third downs, or otherwise passing situations to make him roster worthy, occasional flex play, but I can't see him being an every week component...yet

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are going to eventually figure out that their offense operates best when Lockett is catching 6 balls a game. And with that much action he's going to produce as consistently as WRs do.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are going to eventually figure out that their offense operates best when Lockett is catching 6 balls a game. And with that much action he's going to produce as consistently as WRs do.

not going to look it up, but 6 rec/gm for a seahawks receiver would be the most since (probably) Darrell Jackson/Bobby Engram in the Hasselback days. That would make Lockett a great shot at WR1 territory for fantasy.

Now, if you are counting receptions and KR/PR duties, then I would agree that he'll touch the ball 6x per game this year. I'll be happy if Wilson targets Lockett 6x per game, similar to the end of last season.

Targeting Lockett as my WR3/4 in all of my money leagues this year since I think his ADP will rise a little before draft day. If his value is static, he'll be my WR4 everywhere I can get him, even if I reach a little.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not going to look it up, but 6 rec/gm for a seahawks receiver would be the most since (probably) Darrell Jackson/Bobby Engram in the Hasselback days. That would make Lockett a great shot at WR1 territory for fantasy.

Now, if you are counting receptions and KR/PR duties, then I would agree that he'll touch the ball 6x per game this year. I'll be happy if Wilson targets Lockett 6x per game, similar to the end of last season.

Targeting Lockett as my WR3/4 in all of my money leagues this year since I think his ADP will rise a little before draft day. If his value is static, he'll be my WR4 everywhere I can get him, even if I reach a little.

I don't think the Seattle passing game is so devoid of intelligence that they won't do what they should with that uncoverable weapon they added last year. Maybe not all year long, but eventually they'll figure it out. And in between, Lockett will go 3 for 90 and a score a couple times.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Crowell, Jacksonville gonna use him, just me

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down to my last 2 bench spots (Round 11, but I need a QB2 and a K still) currently seeing a handful of guys I'd love to have nabbed in the MBBRL suicide.
This is suicide format with 2WRs 1FLX, and .5 PPR

Still out there:
Tavon Austin
Isaiah Crowell
Charles Sims
Tevin Coleman
Theo Riddick
Josh Doctson
Willie Snead
Steve Smith

Current lineup:
Wilson
Charles/Matt jones/Mathews
Jordy/Kelvin/Fitzgerald/Crabtree
Barnidge
Broncos DST

Tavon and the Crow are tops on my list.
Only a few QB2s off the board, but I want to get a RB or WR 1st, since 1 of the 2 guys behind me already has a backup QB.

Thoughts anyone?