• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sloppy first half for the offense, but, better over all

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half was pretty ugly for the offense. I'm glad they found their rhythm in the second half, but why does it always have to be that way? Why can't the offense be clicking right at the opening bell? Brady does it. Alex Smith does it. Aaron Rodgers did it up until seven days ago. Why can't Wilson do it? Is the OC holding the team back in the early going? Is it Wilson? Is it Cable and the OL trying to figure out how to exploit the DL's weaknesses? All opinions will be considered.

49ers are now winless through seven. But, hey man! They lead the league in protesting the National Anthem! Good for them! I'm glad they understand why they are really on the football field.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half was pretty ugly for the offense. I'm glad they found their rhythm in the second half, but why does it always have to be that way? Why can't the offense be clicking right at the opening bell? Brady does it. Alex Smith does it. Aaron Rodgers did it up until seven days ago. Why can't Wilson do it? Is the OC holding the team back in the early going? Is it Wilson? Is it Cable and the OL trying to figure out how to exploit the DL's weaknesses? All opinions will be considered.

49ers are now winless through seven. But, hey man! They lead the league in protesting the National Anthem! Good for them! I'm glad they understand why they are really on the football field.

I wasn't happy either but Graham did drop an easy TD plus he also dropped another that could have gone for a big play which I think was in the first half. Should have taken the FG early on but didn't. They moved the ball but executed poorly at times. The D was lights out again.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half of the game yesterday the offense actually played pretty well, they just couldn't score. I know that sounds stupid, but stat wise they had one of their better first halves of any game this season. They dominated time of possession, they were getting first downs, they moved the ball pretty well. They just got cute at the goal line and left points off the board that they should have got. If you are saying that scoring was a problem I'd agree, but the offense actually had a good half statistically.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half of the game yesterday the offense actually played pretty well, they just couldn't score. I know that sounds stupid, but stat wise they had one of their better first halves of any game this season. They dominated time of possession, they were getting first downs, they moved the ball pretty well. They just got cute at the goal line and left points off the board that they should have got. If you are saying that scoring was a problem I'd agree, but the offense actually had a good half statistically.
Yep, critical mistakes at the end of otherwise good drives kept the score way closer than how the game was going. The difference in the 2nd half was fewer self inflicted wounds, and the result showed on the scoreboard. They moved the ball well most of the game.

I don't know if being cute was the problem at the goal line. They got stuffed on the runs, and RW could have thrown a more catchable ball to Graham on those back shoulders, but you absolutely have to catch it if it hits you in the gut.

I liked the way they came out in the 2nd half and fixed the things that hurt them in the 1st. If those mistakes had persisted, I would be worried. But they got it right and buried a lesser opponent.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, critical mistakes at the end of otherwise good drives kept the score way closer than how the game was going. The difference in the 2nd half was fewer self inflicted wounds, and the result showed on the scoreboard. They moved the ball well most of the game.

I don't know if being cute was the problem at the goal line. They got stuffed on the runs, and RW could have thrown a more catchable ball to Graham on those back shoulders, but you absolutely have to catch it if it hits you in the gut.

I liked the way they came out in the 2nd half and fixed the things that hurt them in the 1st. If those mistakes had persisted, I would be worried. But they got it right and buried a lesser opponent.

What I meant by "cute" was going for it rather than taking the FG. I know it is always tempting to go for the TD, but at that point it was still 0-0 (I think) so I'd have taken the 3 points.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant by "cute" was going for it rather than taking the FG. I know it is always tempting to go for the TD, but at that point it was still 0-0 (I think) so I'd have taken the 3 points.
Ah, I see. Taking points wouldn't have been horrible, but I was ok with going for it. You fail there, and a bad offense has the ball at their 1 yard line vs your amazing defense...odds are you're going to get it right back very quickly and in good field position. Glad it ended up being pretty inconsequential.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I see. Taking points wouldn't have been horrible, but I was ok with going for it. You fail there, and a bad offense has the ball at their 1 yard line vs your amazing defense...odds are you're going to get it right back very quickly and in good field position. Glad it ended up being pretty inconsequential.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. Honestly, they had the right play called and an easy TD if not for Graham. And as you say, the Giants offense is horrible and they weren't driving 99 yards anyway. I think, looking back at the game, RW played great right from the start and had the offense in a pretty good place. Without Rawls' fumble (which was a good play by the Giants D), and those costly penalties and drops, it's a game where we win 30 something to 0.
Still lots of shit to clean up and be better at but all in all, a solid win and the defense seems fresh for the second half of the season push. A good game coming this week at home. We will see how the touted rookie handles the Clink. Could be a good game, imo.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and one last thing to note. Yes, the Giants are a one win team going nowhere fast but that has mostly to do with their offense. They have a pretty decent defense with some good players and a lot of pride. I don't think it's fair to take any team lightly in this league, no matter how bad the struggles have been. The same goes for the Niners. They may be a zero win team but they come to play hard every game. Just because we "didn't dominate" as much as some would hope doesn't make it all doom and gloom. The Hawks notorious slow start is behind us and with the Rams on the bye, we have a shot at home of being in first place in the division by next week with some home games to play. The team is relatively healthy where it matters and with a few corrections, could have a strong second half and be in the running for HFA with the injury to Rodgers. A lot of football to play but the NFC is really wide open. As RW would say, "Go Hawks".

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm with you on that. Honestly, they had the right play called and an easy TD if not for Graham. And as you say, the Giants offense is horrible and they weren't driving 99 yards anyway. I think, looking back at the game, RW played great right from the start and had the offense in a pretty good place. Without Rawls' fumble (which was a good play by the Giants D), and those costly penalties and drops, it's a game where we win 30 something to 0.
Still lots of shit to clean up and be better at but all in all, a solid win and the defense seems fresh for the second half of the season push. A good game coming this week at home. We will see how the touted rookie handles the Clink. Could be a good game, imo.

Russell had a really strong game. He did miss a couple open guys deep, but he also had around 50 or 60+ yards and a TD taken away by the drops. 334 yards with 3 TDs and 0 turnovers on the road is going to get it done way more than not. I feel he's about to round into 2015 form.

Concur this should have been a wire to wire blowout. The stats and scoreboard were not making sense together at all at half time until you looked at the penalties. The good news is they cleaned that up sharply in the 2nd half and pulled away in the 4th qtr. Certainly still things to work on, but it appears the team is going in the right direction.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a big BIG road win with some tough teams coming to Seattle. I thought this was a must win and they got it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Al Davis “ Just win, baby” do that, everything will be alright.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-2 with the needle pointing slightly up. It's baby steps with our OL.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

baby steps is right but hey at least it is getting a little better, Albeit very very slowly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good news with the line is 1) it *is* indeed getting better vs worse and 2) Joeckel's absence allowed a longer look at Pocic, and he may be a gamer.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good news with the line is 1) it *is* indeed getting better vs worse and 2) Joeckel's absence allowed a longer look at Pocic, and he may be a gamer.

read tonight that if Britt can go, Pocic will be starting at LG.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Britt is a go. He practiced yesterday although not a full practice.
Word is Pocic starts at LG.

Good! They drafted this kid cause he can play all spots on the line, so let's see what he's got.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God our tight ends can't catch a cold. They couldn't hit the water if they fell out of a fuckin' boat!