• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slay, Green and Greenwood

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Slay set to return to the line-up we'll get a look at our immediate future at CB today, especially with Bentley being out and Houston and Mathis dinged up.

All three are young, big (6'0" or bigger) and can really run (all in the 4.4 range or lower). Greenwood looked surprisingly decent last week (which should lead to questions as to why he wasn't in there sooner), Green has played decent football every time he's been given the chance, and Slay was improving week-by-week before he got hurt.

Add in Bentley in the slot and we have some decent potential at the position for the new coaching regime to inherit. Whether that potential comes to fruition is another story, but at least there's some tools there to work with. I'd target another big corner or safety early in the draft if it were up to me with the hopes of making Houston expendable after another season.

Anyhwo, long story short is that we'll get to see a heavy dose of our 3 young outside CBs today, and Minnesota has a 3 WR set capable of providing them with a good test to finish the season...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more now that Carey is out.

Slay looked pretty darn good in his return to action.

Greenwood gave up a long completion and a short TD to Patterson, but was in good position on both; one was a helluva catch and the other a good throw. I'm encouraged that he's been able to hold his own in these last few games...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay looked pretty darn good in his return to action.

Greenwood gave up a long completion and a short TD to Patterson, but was in good position on both; one was a helluva catch and the other a good throw. I'm encouraged that he's been able to hold his own in these last few games...

:agree:

Greenwood was there on both of those. Perfect throw and route on the TD, no way to effectively defend that without PI and if I remember correctly the long ball was underthrown and simply a great catch.

I fear we enter yet another offseason with the CB position about as clear as mud. It will almost certainly be Slay and Houston starting next year. Well, Houston was horrible this year but has a big money contract so spending another early round pick on yet another CB seems stupid to me. Then you have Mathis, Bentley, Greenwood, Green, even Carey out there. As much as many fans will want it I dont see us drafting a CB this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been replaying game...

Slay was a beast yesterday!! One glaring Delmas like missed tackle. Otherwise good tackling in run game and nice coverage all day. Greenwood looked good as Meow stated.

Don't see Slay being a strong #1 ever. He will be a solid#2 for awhile IMO.

Sad to say but Riola looked good yesterday, as he has most of season??? Just don't get it?? Is there a cheap contract for him next year?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear we enter yet another offseason with the CB position about as clear as mud. It will almost certainly be Slay and Houston starting next year. Well, Houston was horrible this year but has a big money contract so spending another early round pick on yet another CB seems stupid to me. Then you have Mathis, Bentley, Greenwood, Green, even Carey out there. As much as many fans will want it I dont see us drafting a CB this year.
If drafting another CB high in the draft means pushing Mathis or Houston out the door then I'm all for it. Carey plays in the slot a fair amount, but he takes up a roster spot at safety, so he's not a concern in the numbers game at CB.

I think we do have enough talent at CB that we don't need to spend a pick early, though...