• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slaton10's Monday Musings..Week 4

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has no balls. I don't expect anything significant out of this. These schools will recover completely in 3 or 4 years. New coaches and ADs lose a few scholarships and miss the tourney a couple of years and back to business as usual.

Why is it that they are allowed to self govern at all with some of this stuff...they are co-conspirators IMHO..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that they are allowed to self govern at all with some of this stuff...they are co-conspirators IMHO..

Are they self governing? Most of the serious violations involving schools have legal implications that have played out in court. Even the UNC case you highlighted found parties imprisoned.

This Adidas issue will put people in prison... it's federal.

The NCAA is run at the mercy of the presidents of the institutions. Hard for me to agree they don't have any balls. They tried to severely punish PSU without having any rules/regulations in their books to handle such situations.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they self governing? Most of the serious violations involving schools have legal implications that have played out in court. Even the UNC case you highlighted found parties imprisoned.

This Adidas issue will put people in prison... it's federal.

The NCAA is run at the mercy of the presidents of the institutions. Hard for me to agree they don't have any balls. They tried to severely punish PSU without having any rules/regulations in their books to handle such situations.

I don't know..it's my opinion..or maybe just a feeling, that when they do investigate do they ever say "Hey, we should probably call the cops on this one"..I am not sure if they do or they don't...they seem to put themselves in such a grey area that they can pick and choose what they want to get into and when they do..seems like it takes them years to come up with an end result..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent you a text about the TT game. Did you get it?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with you about the NCAA and its timeline for resolving its investigations at all. Very hard to respect them as an organization... especially when you see unequal punishments laid down for what seemingly appear to be equatable violations.

Criminal cases seem to be intertwined in many of the major scandals of late. I'm thinking tattoo gate at tOSU, the whole Baylor thing.