• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2016-2017 NFL prospect chat

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is advocating a QB for the Rams draft this year, just speaking in general terms about the draft altogether.

That 2nd round pick should be BPA among DB, OL, LB, and WR IMO. Of course, depends on free agency to lift some needs to truly be BPA.

Yeah FA will play a major role. This class isn't as strong as others in WR so I'm not sure if we can get "our guy" in round 2. If we still had our 1st round pick we could probably draft Mike Williams and move forward with a legitimate WR. I wrote in another thread about considering to bring in Alshon Jeffery to be our outside WR and him along with Austin and Britt (or another guy to replace Britt with...) would be a solid WR core.

Snead and Fisher totally fucked up the DBs and I think Snead will lose Tru this off season too

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah FA will play a major role. This class isn't as strong as others in WR so I'm not sure if we can get "our guy" in round 2. If we still had our 1st round pick we could probably draft Mike Williams and move forward with a legitimate WR. I wrote in another thread about considering to bring in Alshon Jeffery to be our outside WR and him along with Austin and Britt (or another guy to replace Britt with...) would be a solid WR core.

Snead and Fisher totally fucked up the DBs and I think Snead will lose Tru this off season too

The only potential 2nd round WR I would consider right now would be JuJu Smith-Schuster. He may go in the 1st though.

I think Britt can walk. The Rams added a bunch of WRs last season that never really got worked into the offense. Spruce, Pharoh, Mike Thomas, McRoberts all could be options to fill out the depth chart.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only potential 2nd round WR I would consider right now would be JuJu Smith-Schuster. He may go in the 1st though.

I think Britt can walk. The Rams added a bunch of WRs last season that never really got worked into the offense. Spruce, Pharoh, Mike Thomas, McRoberts all could be options to fill out the depth chart.

Not sure how I feel about JuJu, he is 6'2 which is a must for us (no offense to the shorter guys but we need a real outside threat) and I know he scored like 10 TDs but he only scored in 4 regular season games (he caught 2 or 3 TDs each of those games) JuJu Smith-Schuster

I was against the Mike Thomas pick, I didn't think spending a 6th on him had any benefit than the UDFAs we would get (and low and behold look! the UDFAs are more hype than he does!)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Mike Thomas pick. He hasn't amounted to much offensively yet, but he was a kick coverage standout when healthy.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Mike Thomas pick. He hasn't amounted to much offensively yet, but he was a kick coverage standout when healthy.
I liked him in college too but I just didn't think he'd be that different from the guys we'd get as UDFA and we had limited picks and lots of needs. I rather of them not drafted two WRs and two TEs when we still didn't have a starting center (can could've gotten a center in the 4th) and lost a lot of DBs (losing two starters) that we should've focused our draft on that

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get the media's downplaying of Watson either. These other guys they are vaulting past him in mock drafts have little top shelf experience and success at that level. Watson is the only one I would consider in the first.

That said, I'm very hopeful that McVay and staff having a full offseason with Goff as the undisputed starter reaps benefits. Goff should be decidedly better next season.

It's amazing really. All the sudden Deshone Kizer and Trubisky are better than Watson? The projection of pro QBs by these hacks are a joke. Trubisky has some good tools, but look at what Watson did in big games against the best defense in the land?

:scratch:

This "hype" by the media on QBs is just incredible and what's even worse is that some NFL teams are buying into it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Scouts continue to believe the 2017 crop of quarterbacks is one of the worst in recent memory, as one personnel director tells Matt Miller of Bleacher Report that the scribe has “way too many” quarterbacks (three) in his top-30 overall players. Similarly, an AFC executive tells Bucky Brooks of NFL.com that he’s “scared to death” by this year’s signal-callers. “They have talent and upside, but there aren’t any sure things in this [draft] class,” said the VP of player personnel.

Last year's crop was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. This year is better. Patrick Mahomes and Brad Kayaa certainly have some good tools and I'd take a flier on them later over taking Kizer or Trubisky.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the Rams should have waited on drafting a QB...knowing what I know now if I could turn back the hands of time that is what I would have supported. I'm sure we will see some improvement in Goff next season but just in case (no pun) if the Rams have a reliable veteran fall in their lap I'd say grab him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the Rams should have waited on drafting a QB...knowing what I know now if I could turn back the hands of time that is what I would have supported. I'm sure we will see some improvement in Goff next season but just in case (no pun) if the Rams have a reliable veteran fall in their lap I'd say grab him.

For FA QBs, it's basically Cousins, maybe Tyrod, and a whole lot of yuck. Glennon could be worth a shot, but is likely to get a boost from the weak crop. Cousins and Tyrod will be heavily sought after if they hit the market.