• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers giving Redick 23M this year?? ummm...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 23 mill for a player that's 33 making superstar money. I see the light.

It's a one year deal. They have a shooter coming from Europe and need a one year stop gap to spread the floor from Embiid. It would be awful if it was long term but they get all that salary space back next year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 23 mill for a player that's 33 making superstar money. I see the light.

I feel like some of you don't understand how salaries in the NBA work.

They gave him more money for this season so he would accept a 1 year deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta overpay to get the first guy.

It's a 1 year deal at stupid money.

But, he is exactly what they need.

If it doesn't work, he's off the hooks next Summer.

Win.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta overpay to get the first guy.

It's a 1 year deal at stupid money.

But, he is exactly what they need.

If it doesn't work, he's off the hooks next Summer.

Win.

Chances are 99 percent it DOESN'T work.. So whats the point? Sixers won't win the 'ship next year. They haven't won one since the year I was born.

Theres no point of throwing crazy money at ONE person when you may as well throw money at various people to build a new team

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sixers are so bad nothing they do short of landing Lebron and Durant is going to look like a good deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are 99 percent it DOESN'T work.. So whats the point? Sixers won't win the 'ship next year. They haven't won one since the year I was born.

Theres no point of throwing crazy money at ONE person when you may as well throw money at various people to build a new team
So, since they can't win a Chip, they shouldn't try to get better?

You can't have a locker room full of children.

They needed a few adults.

If they wanted JJ, they had to outbid Brooklyn.

So, they did.

You are so hung up on the dollar amount that you can't see the forest for the trees.

His money is a placeholder. It's off the books in 365 days.

They get to evaluate their roster and then build it up next Summer when they know how all those guys actually fit together.

If JJ isn't the answer, they will have 40 mil plus to search for another one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since they can't win a Chip, they shouldn't try to get better?

You can't have a locker room full of children.

They needed a few adults.

If they wanted JJ, they had to outbid Brooklyn.

So, they did.

You are so hung up on the dollar amount that you can't see the forest for the trees.

His money is a placeholder. It's off the books in 365 days.

They get to evaluate their roster and then build it up next Summer when they know how all those guys actually fit together.

If JJ isn't the answer, they will have 40 mil plus to search for another one.

Also, they are still like 20 million under the cap this year. All their players are on rookie deals.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh::doh::doh::gaah::L:L:L:L

... And then they wonder why this was the WORST playoffs ever hands down, talent and motivation in the NBA are at an ALL TIME LOW.. 98 percent of teams are pure crapola who purposely TANK Seasons.

If I get 23M for a season just to show up, what Incentive is there exactly??

Anyone?

The only legitimate "non corporate, tell it the way it is" analyst/Commentator Barkley has mentioned this time and time again.. What Motivation is there for these kids today when they get big contracts and payouts for doing NOTHING

I can make 23M a year just showing up to practice and playing grab ass while leading my team to lottery.

Come on now.. Its time to re-evaluate the salary situation and make your players EARN their worth for once.

Welcome to 2017, dude. If you can play even a little bit, you're going to be rewarded. We have worse problems in our society today. I for one, like seeing the hard-working role players get rewarded. It's better than seeing the overprivileged superstars hog all the attention.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sixers are so bad nothing they do short of landing Lebron and Durant is going to look like a good deal.

Dude, the Sixers have the best young team in the league. I guess you don't follow basketball. I wouldn't trade the Sixers lineup for any team in the NBA outside of the Warriors. You need to read up about the tremendous talent they have on deck. 3 years from now they could be the best team in the NBA. Philly, Minnesota and Milwaukee are the future of the NBA.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embiid is the only concern. Simmons could have played last year but they were being overly overly cautious and tanking for that 1st pick. Like you wouldn't trade the Lakers line up for the Sixers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid is the only concern. Simmons could have played last year but they were being overly overly cautious and tanking for that 1st pick. Like you wouldn't trade the Lakers line up for the Sixers.

I wouldn't. I like players who wear their uniforms and actually play in real games.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with The West going on steroids with their teams. But if you're a SHITTY team like the Sixers who need changes from top to bottom give that kind of money to a guy thats not that good? Stupid.

And no... Warriors aren't a lock anymore with a significant improvement in the West. So they could have waited giving Curry Fort Knox

lmao at OP.