• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sitting where we sit now, would you take back drafting Trubisky?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Pace LOVED Trubisky. He raved about the guy after drafting him. He said something about "literally every snap Trubisky took in college (and i've seen every one of his snaps), he made a play. Every snap".

The only way to *guarantee* the Bears land Trubisky is to move up to 2. That's the bottom line. Pace took the guarantee at a very high price and Pace's job security will be based on this decision. Pretty ballsy for a 39 year old rookie GM if you ask me.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add, that per the universally-used trade value chart, the Bears actually came out ahead in that deal by a small margin....meaning that it was a fair deal for both teams.

It is still not determined if it was a fair deal since we do not know who might have been available with those picks this year. My entire point thru this that goes unheard is those are the picks Pace is hitting on. We look at the 2-5 round busts of Emery and it was every year. Out of football in 2 years. Pace is killing these picks, his record on first rounders has been suspect. I happen to value the picks Pace is killing it with. Other GM's, sure, they are taking fliers, Pace has a proven record of home runs.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Pace LOVED Trubisky. He raved about the guy after drafting him. He said something about "literally every snap Trubisky took in college (and i've seen every one of his snaps), he made a play. Every snap".

The only way to *guarantee* the Bears land Trubisky is to move up to 2. That's the bottom line. Pace took the guarantee at a very high price and Pace's job security will be based on this decision. Pretty ballsy for a 39 year old rookie GM if you ask me.

Its sad in his third draft you are still considering him a rookie, with a huge bust with his first overall first pick, a question mark little OLB that has shown little spurts in his second.

The rookie GM in this situation was Lynch, never even a fucking scout or assistant.

I give Pace ALL the credit in the world for his poker face. Signing Glennon to a 3 year deal was fucking Genius. The absolute best bluff of all time. And the entire league thought no way he is moving up to 2 to get a quarterback, he will lose his job for the glennon deal. That might have been the best GM move of the entire off season, being a bluff so we got his man at 3 since all teams figured they had to trade up to 4-10 to get Mitch.

But in the end, he bluffed himself.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still not determined if it was a fair deal since we do not know who might have been available with those picks this year. My entire point thru this that goes unheard is those are the picks Pace is hitting on. We look at the 2-5 round busts of Emery and it was every year. Out of football in 2 years. Pace is killing these picks, his record on first rounders has been suspect. I happen to value the picks Pace is killing it with. Other GM's, sure, they are taking fliers, Pace has a proven record of home runs.

:nono:

That is not how trade value is determined AI. We don't get the benefit of knowing the future.

I'll say it again, per the UNIVERSALLY-USED TRADE VALUE CHART, we came out ahead, albeit by a small margin.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

That is not how trade value is determined AI. We don't get the benefit of knowing the future.

I'll say it again, per the UNIVERSALLY-USED TRADE VALUE CHART, we came out ahead, albeit by a small margin.

Exactly my point, we cannot answer that until we see those picks become Pro Bowl players.

How did it feel watching our number 1"s go to denver for Cutler?

Universally, not many thought Pace needed to make the trade to get Trubisky, maybe 2 GM's out of 30, so I say it can become a big loss for something 27 gm's did not think was necessary. Anyone but me can turn the rules around to make this look both necessary and smart. But someone tries to say its wrong is just universally shit upon.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point, we cannot answer that until we see those picks become Pro Bowl players.

How did it feel watching our number 1"s go to denver for Cutler?

Universally, not many thought Pace needed to make the trade to get Trubisky, maybe 2 GM's out of 30, so I say it can become a big loss for something 27 gm's did not think was necessary. Anyone but me can turn the rules around to make this look both necessary and smart. But someone tries to say its wrong is just universally shit upon.

I give up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its sad in his third draft you are still considering him a rookie, with a huge bust with his first overall first pick, a question mark little OLB that has shown little spurts in his second.

The rookie GM in this situation was Lynch, never even a fucking scout or assistant.

I give Pace ALL the credit in the world for his poker face. Signing Glennon to a 3 year deal was fucking Genius. The absolute best bluff of all time. And the entire league thought no way he is moving up to 2 to get a quarterback, he will lose his job for the glennon deal. That might have been the best GM move of the entire off season, being a bluff so we got his man at 3 since all teams figured they had to trade up to 4-10 to get Mitch.

But in the end, he bluffed himself.
We will never know for sure how things would’ve turned out. I believe the story where he was on the phone with the browns while making the trade with SF. I believe the browns were trying to trade up to get him. But we will never know for sure.

Having said that, Pace has two decisions and there are two outcomes. The decisions are we trade up and get him, or we wait and hope the browns or some other team don’t trade up to take him at 2. If you are right, and no one trades up, we get our guy anyway. If you are wrong and we trade up, we get our guy. If you are right and we stay put, we get our guy and keep our picks. If you’re wrong and we stay put, we don’t get our guy. Pace wanted to ensure he got his guy. And that meant trading up. He fell short on plenty of other QBs before and that was our chance to guarantee we got our pick of he litter in QBs in that draft. Based how important qb is to a football team, I think the move was well worth it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never know for sure how things would’ve turned out. I believe the story where he was on the phone with the browns while making the trade with SF. I believe the browns were trying to trade up to get him. But we will never know for sure.

Having said that, Pace has two decisions and there are two outcomes. The decisions are we trade up and get him, or we wait and hope the browns or some other team don’t trade up to take him at 2. If you are right, and no one trades up, we get our guy anyway. If you are wrong and we trade up, we get our guy. If you are right and we stay put, we get our guy and keep our picks. If you’re wrong and we stay put, we don’t get our guy. Pace wanted to ensure he got his guy. And that meant trading up. He fell short on plenty of other QBs before and that was our chance to guarantee we got our pick of he litter in QBs in that draft. Based how important qb is to a football team, I think the move was well worth it.

This is exactly the point, If indeed Pace was on the phone with the Browns so they could move up to 3 to take him, they were not talking to the niners. They could have taken him at 1 but did not. Doesn't that prove the Browns were not trying to move up to 2? I give all the credit in the world to pace for setting up the draft with signing Glennon, releasing Cutler to prove he had his man. It was a great move to guarantee getting Mitch at 3.

I give up.

Promise?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the point, If indeed Pace was on the phone with the Browns so they could move up to 3 to take him, they were not talking to the niners. They could have taken him at 1 but did not. Doesn't that prove the Browns were not trying to move up to 2? I give all the credit in the world to pace for setting up the draft with signing Glennon, releasing Cutler to prove he had his man. It was a great move to guarantee getting Mitch at 3.

Promise?
The issue with your argument is the number 1 pick was set in stone. The bears got lucky that there was a “sure thing” at 1 with Garrett.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what your point is.

My point stands. You have no way of knowing Trubisky would've been there at 3. You can say it til you are blue in the face...it doesn't make it true.

I do and he would have. There wasn't another team angling to get to 2, no matter what you or John Lynch say. It's been nearly a year, surely Lynch can name this fictitious team that was ringing his phone off the hook. Right?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do and he would have. There wasn't another team angling to get to 2, no matter what you or John Lynch say. It's been nearly a year, surely Lynch can name this fictitious team that was ringing his phone off the hook. Right?

Hindsight is 20/20 bro. Nobody could've known that on draft day.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you just go back and get Watson?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20 bro. Nobody could've known that on draft day.

That's why I said that nearly a year later Lynch could say from on high who these alleged teams were. He hasn't because there weren't any. I read one of the links that proved beyond a shadow of a doubt there were teams pounding on Lynch's door and do you know what I got out of it? No proof, just rumour and innuendo.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said that nearly a year later Lynch could say from on high who these alleged teams were. He hasn't because there weren't any. I read one of the links that proved beyond a shadow of a doubt there were teams pounding on Lynch's door and do you know what I got out of it? No proof, just rumour and innuendo.

Well whatever, hypothetical threads are fun. Pointless, but fun.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up.

Dude...

The guy is just...

Don't even bother with him. I don't know what the hell that guy's deal is. Been wondering for a decade.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, you do know that Schefter reported the Bears had teams pounding on their door for the #3 pick. From teams interested in Trubisky. Along with the fact that the Bears feigned interest in trading back, to keep stringing those teams along while they maneuvered the deal with San Fran.

This isn't just one insider reporting that there were multiple teams calling to move up with interest in Trubisky. Every insider reported the same exact thing... I think I posted links to FOUR different insiders saying as such.

That's why I said that nearly a year later Lynch could say from on high who these alleged teams were.

What the hell? Why would Lynch do that? Why would Lynch even be thinking about that? Why would Lynch even be asked that? LMAO

That deal is a thing of the past for SF. A LOT has happened with that franchise recently, and Lynch has way more on his plate than a year old trade. So does the San Fran sporting press. don't know why you think a GM would just come out and openly talk about all of their trade negotiations which never amounted to a deal... Since when does that just happen a year later? Of course you don't have details on it. All of this shit is based off unnamed sources and rumors. However, it is common sense. The Bears wouldn't have made the move if there wasn't a sense of urgency to do so.

You're fighting a losing battle here. All you can do is cling to your "reasonable doubt"... You're never going to get "clear proof" of what happens behind the scenes with every trade talk on draft day. To suggest that, for certain, you know there were no teams calling up with an interest in Trubisky. That's startling stupidity.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... Huh?

Trubisky was the unanimous guy for the Bears. They were all-in to get him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Watson on draft day, but I like trubs better now. Trubisky doesn’t have as much injury history with his knees as Watson does.