• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sitting where we sit now, would you take back drafting Trubisky?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what your point is.

My point stands. You have no way of knowing Trubisky would've been there at 3. You can say it til you are blue in the face...it doesn't make it true.

Lynch said his phone was not ringing from anyone but Pace. Nobody believed the bears were trading up after signing glennon to take anyone other than Thomas. Lynch said he accepted giving up thomas to get the extra picks and was estatic that he still got his guy.

Do you want me to get you his phone number?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with Trubisky, i think he'll turn out great. However, having said that, a strong strong argument could be made where the Bears don't trade up, and instead trade for Jimmy Garappolo. Because it only took a 2nd round pick to land Garappolo and he clearly is much more capable than Trubisky at this point.

yeah, then it would have taken 137 million and another long term deal to swallow if it did not work and we could not afford to sign receivers anyway. I prefer the grow together route, whether it was Trubisky, Maholmes, or watson.

I just want to see Trubisky or any quarterback have the ability to read a defense and change a play. That is why they are so highly regarded and highly paid.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch said his phone was not ringing from anyone but Pace. Nobody believed the bears were trading up after signing glennon to take anyone other than Thomas. Lynch said he accepted giving up thomas to get the extra picks and was estatic that he still got his guy.

That's really shocking that Lynch chose not to paint himself in any sort of negative light. Shocking I tell you.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really shocking that Lynch chose not to paint himself in any sort of negative light. Shocking I tell you.

The Browns pick Garrett. Lynch’s expression doesn’t change. Niners on the clock, Lynch on the clock for the first time in his life. The Niners wait to be sure no team calls with a ridiculous offer now that Garrett is gone. Three minutes later, Marathe okays the deal with Chicago, and both call the league to confirm. Chicago is on the clock. When the trade is announced on NFL Network (TVs in the room are tuned to ESPN and NFL Network; the sound is up on the NFL’s channel), there’s an “Oooooooh” from the crowd in Philly. Lynch’s expression doesn’t change.

Marathe phones six teams in the top half of the draft that he thinks might have some interest in the third pick. “New Orleans, Carolina, Cleveland, Philly, Jacksonville all said no,” Marathe announces. Chicago will pick, and then San Francisco.

5:21 p.m.

“TRUBISKY!” says Lynch. His expression does change now. Chicago shocked the draft.

5:29 p.m.

No action for the third pick now. Lynch waits. But the market was for Garrett, and Chicago made a market for Trubisky. This is all Lynch can think about now: Be happy. You’re getting the guy you wanted at two, and you picked up two threes and a four for nothing. And you know no one was paying a ransom for Solomon Thomas. Garrett yes, Thomas no.

“Turn the card in,” Lynch says.

John DePetro/The MMQB
The room is remarkably calm and unemotional, even though a tremendous piece of good fortune just fell into their laps. If Thomas got picked second, by Chicago, the pick would have been Reuben Foster. And though Foster plays the game the way Ray Lewis did, picking him at three, with the injury and personal concerns surrounding him, would have gotten the Niners bashed over the head for days.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns pick Garrett. Lynch’s expression doesn’t change. Niners on the clock, Lynch on the clock for the first time in his life. The Niners wait to be sure no team calls with a ridiculous offer now that Garrett is gone. Three minutes later, Marathe okays the deal with Chicago, and both call the league to confirm. Chicago is on the clock. When the trade is announced on NFL Network (TVs in the room are tuned to ESPN and NFL Network; the sound is up on the NFL’s channel), there’s an “Oooooooh” from the crowd in Philly. Lynch’s expression doesn’t change.

Marathe phones six teams in the top half of the draft that he thinks might have some interest in the third pick. “New Orleans, Carolina, Cleveland, Philly, Jacksonville all said no,” Marathe announces. Chicago will pick, and then San Francisco.

5:21 p.m.

“TRUBISKY!” says Lynch. His expression does change now. Chicago shocked the draft.

5:29 p.m.

No action for the third pick now. Lynch waits. But the market was for Garrett, and Chicago made a market for Trubisky. This is all Lynch can think about now: Be happy. You’re getting the guy you wanted at two, and you picked up two threes and a four for nothing. And you know no one was paying a ransom for Solomon Thomas. Garrett yes, Thomas no.

“Turn the card in,” Lynch says.

John DePetro/The MMQB
The room is remarkably calm and unemotional, even though a tremendous piece of good fortune just fell into their laps. If Thomas got picked second, by Chicago, the pick would have been Reuben Foster. And though Foster plays the game the way Ray Lewis did, picking him at three, with the injury and personal concerns surrounding him, would have gotten the Niners bashed over the head for days.

Cool story.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the 9ers...Thomas had 3 sacks on the season, and Reuben Foster has been arrested multiple times already.

Yay team

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, then it would have taken 137 million and another long term deal to swallow if it did not work and we could not afford to sign receivers anyway. I prefer the grow together route, whether it was Trubisky, Maholmes, or watson.

I just want to see Trubisky or any quarterback have the ability to read a defense and change a play. That is why they are so highly regarded and highly paid.

1. You have no idea it would have taken 137M. Different team, different circumstances, different negotiations. Besides, if Trubisky turns out great, we'll have to pay for him too. I'd rather pay the better man.

2. Who cares about your "grow together" route. I just want to win, whether they are home grown are not.

3. Your ignorant viewpoint that Trubisky's failures last year has anything to do with his inability to audible is cute. Trubisky was a starter in college for a total of ONE year--he was considered very raw, so raw that sitting his entire first year in the NFL was probably the smartest thing to do. He didn't even take a snap under center coming into the NFL and you want him to audible...? LOL. You are truly an idiot. (rolls eyes). These video damn gamers...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I think audibling is the key to a quarterback becoming that guy. How can I have a problem with one of the stupidest offensive coordinators running some other guys system being able to develop a quarterback though.

As far as garapalo and his 137, we are a short time away from seeing Cousins eclipse that deal for a QB that has not seen the playoffs and the possibility of case keenam getting a franchise tag?

I dont have a problem with the guy, have a problem with the blinders people wont admit to wearing, but at least we have moved on from cutler.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with Trubisky, i think he'll turn out great. However, having said that, a strong strong argument could be made where the Bears don't trade up, and instead trade for Jimmy Garappolo. Because it only took a 2nd round pick to land Garappolo and he clearly is much more capable than Trubisky at this point.
Garappolo wasn’t available. Would you have really passed up on Trubisky for the off chance that Garropolo comes available for less than what he patriots were asking for? A strong argument can be made for the bears doing what you said after ignoring the fact that Garrapolo wasn’t available for anything less than what we paid for Trubisky at the time, but this strong argument is built on facts that are only apparent to us because hindsight is 20/20.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I think audibling is the key to a quarterback becoming that guy. How can I have a problem with one of the stupidest offensive coordinators running some other guys system being able to develop a quarterback though.

Why are you being such a blockhead? Trubisky started just 13 games in college. Even the nomenclature at the NFL level was something he had to learn his first year in the NFL. How in the world does a guy like that get the green light to audible? It's almost like you're playing Madden football video game and you just discovered this thing called an audible and now you think that's the magic bullet to everything.

Holy shit you are a complete waste of my time.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garappolo wasn’t available. Would you have really passed up on Trubisky for the off chance that Garropolo comes available for less than what he patriots were asking for? A strong argument can be made for the bears doing what you said after ignoring the fact that Garrapolo wasn’t available for anything less than what we paid for Trubisky at the time, but this strong argument is built on facts that are only apparent to us because hindsight is 20/20.

No i wouldn't. Because I already stated i like Trubisky. This whole thread is exercising hindsight. The damn thread even starts out:

"Sitting where we sit now..."

Why is this so complicated?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you being such a blockhead? Trubisky started just 13 games in college. Even the nomenclature at the NFL level was something he had to learn his first year in the NFL. How in the world does a guy like that get the green light to audible? It's almost like you're playing Madden football video game and you just discovered this thing called an audible and now you think that's the magic bullet to everything.

Holy shit you are a complete waste of my time.

well, it beats wishing we had another receiver, or cornerback, or tight end, or a guard that does not get hurt every time he puts a uniform on, or you wishing we had a different running back than Jordan Howard because those are the picks we gave up.

When a quarterback audibles, it shows some of the fans that he actually has a grasp of the offense, can read a defense, and make an adjustment. You do not have to start 4 years in college to put a man in motion to read a defense is in zone or man. That tells the quarterback where the ball should be going and if the play is not called that way, he should be able to change it.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it beats wishing we had another receiver, or cornerback, or tight end, or a guard that does not get hurt every time he puts a uniform on, or you wishing we had a different running back than Jordan Howard because those are the picks we gave up.

When a quarterback audibles, it shows some of the fans that he actually has a grasp of the offense, can read a defense, and make an adjustment. You do not have to start 4 years in college to put a man in motion to read a defense is in zone or man. That tells the quarterback where the ball should be going and if the play is not called that way, he should be able to change it.

who are you to talk? NFL defenses stopped unilaterally following guys in motion when in man coverage years ago. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You have heard of "disguising coverages" right? It takes that any many other forms. Probably why they didnt set Trubisky fully loose yet. Unlike you who are a moron. Modern NFL defense is way more complex than your peanut description. You think you know more than professional NFL coaches but you are just another idiot.

Your young QB got good experience this year. Worked out well. Enjoy the fruits of his smart development.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My god, how many times must we go over this? EVERY NFL insider says sources indicate KC and CLE wanted to move up and take Trubisky.

Kansas City Chiefs were interested in trading for Mitchell Trubisky, per rumors

a report from Monday Morning Quarterback’s Emily Kaplan references “league sources” who had the Chiefs interested in also trading up for the first signal caller taken in the draft: North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky.

“League sources say the Browns and Chiefs also coveted Trubisky and could have been a threat to up to No. 2.”

Proof Surfaces Two Teams Tried To Jump Bears For Mitch Trubisky

Adam Jahns:

1. The 49ers might have been playing their hand well, but there were absolutely teams calling to move up for QBs.

2. The Browns, Chiefs, Texans and Cardinals all had interest in moving up. Told that Browns and Chiefs coveted Mitch Trubisky.

Finally, Schefter... Inferring that what the Bears did was actually genius. Keeping other GM's on hold about a trade back, while he actually negotiated to move up himself.

This has been gone over to no end... Trubisky had MULTIPLE suitors looking to trade up behind us. The Bears knew this, because they were receiving calls from those teams. CLE/KC in particular had interest in Trubisky AND moving up. This has been widely reported and accepted.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as garapalo and his 137, we are a short time away from seeing Cousins eclipse that deal for a QB that has not seen the playoffs and the possibility of case keenam getting a franchise tag?

I dont have a problem with the guy, have a problem with the blinders people wont admit to wearing, but at least we have moved on from cutler.

OH MY GOD...

It is not possible that we are sitting here in January, and still think that Trubisky never audibled. HE AUDIBLED, AI. Lol. This is blatantly wrong.

Why?

All of these years... you still just spew false shit.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH MY GOD...

It is not possible that we are sitting here in January, and still think that Trubisky never audibled. HE AUDIBLED, AI. Lol. This is blatantly wrong.

Why?

All of these years... you still just spew false shit.

And you still cant find the edit button within 5 minutes of posting to finish your thought.

I'll take my stupidity over that lol

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, how many times must we go over this? EVERY NFL insider says sources indicate KC and CLE wanted to move up and take Trubisky.

a report from Monday Morning Quarterback’s Emily Kaplan references “league sources” who had the Chiefs interested in also trading up for the first signal caller taken in the draft: North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky.

“League sources say the Browns and Chiefs also coveted Trubisky and could have been a threat to up to No. 2.”

Adam Jahns:

1. The 49ers might have been playing their hand well, but there were absolutely teams calling to move up for QBs.

2. The Browns, Chiefs, Texans and Cardinals all had interest in moving up. Told that Browns and Chiefs coveted Mitch Trubisky.

Finally, Schefter... Inferring that what the Bears did was actually genius. Keeping other GM's on hold about a trade back, while he actually negotiated to move up himself.

This has been gone over to no end... Trubisky had MULTIPLE suitors looking to trade up behind us. The Bears knew this, because they were receiving calls from those teams. CLE/KC in particular had interest in Trubisky AND moving up. This has been widely reported and accepted.

Nobody said they were willing to move up to 2.

Adam Jahns:

Nothing in the story PROVED that anyone was willing to move up to 2 to get Trubisky. Surely someone would have offered more that this weak haul that the 49ers got. Move up, yes, but move up to 2? Maybe move up to 3, or 5, finally 10, but not 2, or am I just reading between the lines?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you still cant find the edit button within 5 minutes of posting to finish your thought.

I'll take my stupidity over that lol

My thought was finished... Thanks

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said they were willing to move up to 2.

Nothing in the story PROVED that anyone was willing to move up to 2 to get Trubisky. Surely someone would have offered more that this weak haul that the 49ers got. Move up, yes, but move up to 2? Maybe move up to 3, or 5, finally 10, but not 2, or am I just reading between the lines?

I never said anything was 100% proven... However, it doesn't take a genius to use a little deductive reasoning. NFL GM's aren't going to leak out their god damn phone call transcripts. So, you'll always be able to create enough "reasonable doubt" within your delusions/stupidity, as to cling onto your beliefs.

Every NFL insider with sources and knowledge of the situation agrees with me.

We know from these reports that...

- The Bears were on the phone with teams interested in moving up to #3.

- The Niners had made it clear that they were open to trading the #2 overall pick.

- The Bears feared these teams with whom they were speaking to, moving up in front of them to #2.

- The Bears wanted Trubisky. There is no reason to fear these teams moving up in front of them, if they were not potential Mitchell Trubisky suitors.

- There were multiple teams who were confirmed to be very interested in Trubisky AND moving up. What a coincidence!

There's multiple teams interested in both of these things, AND the Bears just so happened to be fielding calls from teams looking to move up to #3!? Who they feared them moving up in front of them to #2...

Surely, this is all a big coincidence!

Every NFL insider has come to the conclusion that it was not safe for the Bears sit tight at #3. Ryan Pace and the Bears front office also came to this conclusion, and they were the ones speaking DIRECTLY to other potential suitors.

So, should I follow the facts and people with direct knowledge of the situation? Or listen to some random dunce on a message board? Hmm... Tough one!

Move up, yes, but move up to 2? Maybe move up to 3, or 5, finally 10, but not 2, or am I just reading between the lines?

This is the part where I just have to laugh. I've never seen somebody either in real life or online who is just... so lacking in basic common sense. Such an utter nincompoop.

You accept that these teams were calling around and looking to move up to multiple other slots in the top 5 (#3 and #5). You accept that the Bears had been contacted by teams looking to trade up to their pick. However, with San Fran CLEARLY shopping the #2 pick around... You SOMEHOW, AMAZINGLY cannot wrap your head around the notion that they were interested in the pick ONE SLOT ahead of the Bears

My goodness, AI. Stop for a moment, and look at how silly your thoughts look when laid out in this fashion.

Surely someone would have offered more that this weak haul that the 49ers got.

So, the Niners were DEAD SET on Solomon Thomas as their guy (as you can see from YOUR OWN post). How is it even remotely fathomable that the Browns at 12 or Chiefs at 27... could have offered as good of a deal as the Bears?

A deal which allows them to STILL get their top guy (who only could have been gotten in the top 5) AND pickup TWO 3rds and a 4th?

Hit the fuckin bricks, AI

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add, that per the universally-used trade value chart, the Bears actually came out ahead in that deal by a small margin....meaning that it was a fair deal for both teams.