• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sitting where we sit now, would you take back drafting Trubisky?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing what you know now and assuming we didn’t draft a replacement last year while ending up with the same record. Let’s say we drafted Adams instead. Would you fancy someone like Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, or Jackson over Trubisky? That selection could very well be whittled down to the 1 or 2 least desirable when we pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what...........?

What I know now.......?...........All I know now is we MAY have a decent qb,but all I know now is we MAY not either.
We have a good defense,not a great defense,but a good one........we get a few components put into place and if Trubisk plays the way I`m hoping hes could be, we very well could be in the wild card mix next season.................:hope:

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what...........?

What I know now.......?...........All I know now is we MAY have a decent qb,but all I know now is we MAY not either.
We have a good defense,not a great defense,but a good one........we get a few components put into place and if Trubisk plays the way I`m hoping hes could be, we very well could be in the wild card mix next season.................:hope:
I agree, but is there a QB in this draft that you would rather have as starter for the next 3-4 years? The Bears got a lot of stink for trading up for Trubisky. The picks we forfeited would still be available too. However, other than maybe Rosen, I think I’d rather have Trubs than any QB in this draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This QB class has some intriguing prospects. Zero doubt. It stands to reason that a couple will hit.

However, it has become evident that Darnold and Rosen are not these "slam dunk" QB prospects that they were made out to be this time a year ago. I would probably take Allen and Mayfield over either of them, to be honest.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but is there a QB in this draft that you would rather have as starter for the next 3-4 years? The Bears got a lot of stink for trading up for Trubisky. The picks we forfeited would still be available too. However, other than maybe Rosen, I think I’d rather have Trubs than any QB in this draft.

I do not follow college football at all,so I really have not read anything about any qbs...............Wrs is all Ive read about.......So I can not comment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs would be the No.1 pick this year. If we went back a year the Browns would take Trubs at 1. They thought they could still get him after 1 last year and were so pissed when we jumped for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs would be the No.1 pick this year. If we went back a year the Browns would take Trubs at 1. They thought they could still get him after 1 last year and were so pissed when we jumped for him.

Trubisky's stock would likely take a hit in a re-draft, to be honest.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, I do not follow collage football. Can't even say I've seen anyone of them play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky's stock would likely take a hit in a re-draft, to be honest.
Well, his "stock" ended up higher than most thought to begin with, it being a down year for QB's.

That said, there is no reason this kid can't be as good as any of em'. I like his attitude to go along with his physical attributes.

I really think the arrow is pointing up for the Bears right now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, his "stock" ended up higher than most thought to begin with, it being a down year for QB's.

That said, there is no reason this kid can't be as good as any of em'. I like his attitude to go along with his physical attributes.

I really think the arrow is pointing up for the Bears right now.

No doubt. The first time there seems to be a legitimate positive vibe around this team in years.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing what you know now and assuming we didn’t draft a replacement last year while ending up with the same record. Let’s say we drafted Adams instead. Would you fancy someone like Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, or Jackson over Trubisky? That selection could very well be whittled down to the 1 or 2 least desirable when we pick.

Would really like to have Adams...

The offense did zero to move me off that during the regular season. Not blaming Trubisky for it, but not going to say he's a future franchise QB either yet...

With regards to this years QB class? Eh, by the time we draft we'd likely be looking at Allen or Mayfield as the pick if we went QB (And didn't, say, go after Cousins in Free Agency or something). Mayfield has a little too much "Manziel" in him for my liking, so I'd likely go with Allen....

Allen vs. Trubisky with Adams already in the fold? Gotta say that's kind of intriguing. But let's see who we draft in the 1st this year before I completely judge it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was just trading up to get him. Getting him at 3 and keeping the picks was the difference that bring more weapons to the team.

This draft really was not going to pan out for 2-3 years. They kept Trubs handcuffed with no chance for audibles because Loggains did not trust him. Sheehan was going to be a work in progress. Really just need to add both of these guys to the 2019 draft class team, they will both make mistakes next year with a new coach and coordinators.

If they waited they might not have drafted a QB or missed out on Eddie Jackson waiting for the third or fourth round, so it was necessary.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was just trading up to get him. Getting him at 3 and keeping the picks was the difference that bring more weapons to the team.

This draft really was not going to pan out for 2-3 years. They kept Trubs handcuffed with no chance for audibles because Loggains did not trust him. Sheehan was going to be a work in progress. Really just need to add both of these guys to the 2019 draft class team, they will both make mistakes next year with a new coach and coordinators.

I have seen you mention the trading up multiple times now, inferring that it was a fuck up because he would've been there at 3.

You need to stop that shit. No one knows that. Not you, not Pace, not Lynch. No one. You can play captain hindsight all you want, but that does not make it the truth. Plus the picks that were given are really not that big of a deal, and could easily be recouped with a deal or two.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen you mention the trading up multiple times now, inferring that it was a fuck up because he would've been there at 3.

You need to stop that shit. No one knows that. Not you, not Pace, not Lynch. No one. You can play captain hindsight all you want, but that does not make it the truth. Plus the picks that were given are really not that big of a deal, and could easily be recouped with a deal or two.

I NEED to stop that shit? you are the one playing captain here. You are either on paces teet or you are not. I saw what he did, worked for Loomis as a paper pusher. Bears did not even trust him enough to let him hire the first head coach.

the only picks that have done anything for this team for pace have been the third and fourth and later rounders, howard, Jackson, amos, bullard, Kwaitkowski, hall, who you have gushed over, cohen. We gave up what produces for this team.

Yeah, we would be a mess with Glennon and Soloman Thomas here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I NEED to stop that shit? you are the one playing captain here. You are either on paces teet or you are not. I saw what he did, worked for Loomis as a paper pusher. Bears did not even trust him enough to let him hire the first head coach.

the only picks that have done anything for this team for pace have been the third and fourth and later rounders, howard, Jackson, amos, bullard, Kwaitkowski, hall, who you have gushed over, cohen. We gave up what produces for this team.

Yeah, we would be a mess with Glennon and Soloman Thomas here.

I have no clue what your point is.

My point stands. You have no way of knowing Trubisky would've been there at 3. You can say it til you are blue in the face...it doesn't make it true.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldman and Whitehair are good players from the 2nd round, and I think Leonard Floyd is a good player when healthy. So ostensibly, you have one 1st round pick that didn't pan out, and golly gee, everyone should've known White was going to break his fucking leg twice in 2 years.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with Trubisky, i think he'll turn out great. However, having said that, a strong strong argument could be made where the Bears don't trade up, and instead trade for Jimmy Garappolo. Because it only took a 2nd round pick to land Garappolo and he clearly is much more capable than Trubisky at this point.