• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sig P320RX

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the market for a new handgun after having sold my Beretta 9MM when I moved from Virginia.

Been really eyeballin this baby. Read a recent review from Guns America article and have been searching for one ... nada.

Sig's New P320RX Competition & Defense Pistol—Full Review - GunsAmerica Digest

Pricing is $869.00 outta box, according to article and comes with a Romeo1 optic sight fitted in slide!

If that price holds true, should be a bargain. Went to Sig Forums and have found that whole lotsa peeps talking/wanting one for over a year. Problem seems getting them outta the Sig factory to dealers ... pissin off a whole lot of prospective buyers as Sig CSRs keep giving conflicting reports on when initial shipments gonna take place. Anybody else got anything on these?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The P320's are nice guns. The trigger (at least on the ones I've fondled) are a thing of beauty. Heavier than some of the new striker fired guns but you don't notice it because it's short and crisp. The reset is nice as well if you train to ride that for better splits (I don't).

I've got no experience with a reddot on a handgun although I'm curious and have even thought about having the slide on my P-07 milled by a gentleman on the CZ forum and having one installed. From what I understand it's faster in the sigh acquisition department which is always a good thing.

SIG and their production lines are a thing of mystery. They're famous for making runs of certain guns and then not putting any more out for some time while they run other guns. Not sure how that works unless they retool for each model (I can't see them doing that) but there is something to that. Sometimes you gotta wait on SIG.

But this P320 might be worth it. It's not a bad price either if that optic is quality (I know nothing of these).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The P320's are nice guns. The trigger (at least on the ones I've fondled) are a thing of beauty. Heavier than some of the new striker fired guns but you don't notice it because it's short and crisp. The reset is nice as well if you train to ride that for better splits (I don't).

I've got no experience with a reddot on a handgun although I'm curious and have even thought about having the slide on my P-07 milled by a gentleman on the CZ forum and having one installed. From what I understand it's faster in the sigh acquisition department which is always a good thing.

SIG and their production lines are a thing of mystery. They're famous for making runs of certain guns and then not putting any more out for some time while they run other guns. Not sure how that works unless they retool for each model (I can't see them doing that) but there is something to that. Sometimes you gotta wait on SIG.

But this P320 might be worth it. It's not a bad price either if that optic is quality (I know nothing of these).
Thanx for the insight.

The review I read (and posted) make this gun sound like next best thing to sliced bread with the Romeo1 reddot optic ... for that price. I never really considered one, but I'm in my 50's now and the eyesight is getting weaker by the year. I might also add that I've got peripheral neuropathy (nerve disorder mainly in feet/hands/extremities) and racking a slide is getting 'difficult', so I need something without a heavy slide. Tis why I was leaning toward a Glock 17 that I was handling last time in shop, but I don't know what this new Sig P320RX is like. I suppose it couldn't be much diff from a reg 320, so I should prolly try them out next browsing trip.

As far as their production, as stated earlier, sounds like MANY peeps been waiting for well over a year for this line to hit the streets and are peeved that they keep getting 'the runaround' from Sig CSRs. I really, really wanna check this gun out. Sure would be nice if they could come up with a definitive answer as to when and a no-shyt price. A gun of this quality with a, seemingly, quality optic (Romeo1) ... $869.00 sounds more than reasonable.

If you're curious ...

Update from SIG CS on the P320 RX - SIG Talk

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye sight is one of the reasons I was thinking about optics on a handgun. I can't remember what I was told but I have a funky astigmatism of some sort. I'm very near sighted but angles throw me off really bad. I'm constantly tilting my head to see things at any distance. I've also been considering ditching my P-07 because of the double action trigger and my worsening arthritis. But I really love that gun though. If I do ditch it I'll be going back to the G19 I think. Which now comes in a MOS configuration minus the optic. If I switch lanes I'm thinking that's where I'll head. I do like the P320's though. I just know how well a Glock works for me so I'll stick with the familiar I think.

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye sight is one of the reasons I was thinking about optics on a handgun. I can't remember what I was told but I have a funky astigmatism of some sort. I'm very near sighted but angles throw me off really bad. I'm constantly tilting my head to see things at any distance. I've also been considering ditching my P-07 because of the double action trigger and my worsening arthritis. But I really love that gun though. If I do ditch it I'll be going back to the G19 I think. Which now comes in a MOS configuration minus the optic. If I switch lanes I'm thinking that's where I'll head. I do like the P320's though. I just know how well a Glock works for me so I'll stick with the familiar I think.

I bought the 75b based on the research I did prior to purchase. I was very close to choosing the SP01, but I don't shoot enough to justify the extra 100+ spend. Have you gone to the cz forum? There are some good folks over there.

I'm looking for a ccw now to complement my full size 75b. I'm leaning toward the s&p shield 9mm. A friend at work wants me to try the glock 43 before I make a final decision. I really like the P01 and the P07, but they're just bigger than what I'm looking for.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought the 75b based on the research I did prior to purchase. I was very close to choosing the SP01, but I don't shoot enough to justify the extra 100+ spend. Have you gone to the cz forum? There are some good folks over there.

I'm looking for a ccw now to complement my full size 75b. I'm leaning toward the s&p shield 9mm. A friend at work wants me to try the glock 43 before I make a final decision. I really like the P01 and the P07, but they're just bigger than what I'm looking for.
I'm a reader over there but not much of a poster. Body type and tolerance has a lot to do with what someone can and can't carry. I insist on carrying what I train with and I don't want to train with a small gun. Although when I hold the P-07 against some of the smaller double stacks it's not much bigger and in a Remora it disappears for me. The single stacks are smaller and easier to carry. Just not as functional in use.