• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Jones

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be tempting to take him at 28. This kid is a baller.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be tempting to take him at 28. This kid is a baller.

It's a little early to be drinking, Arlington. Don't you think?

Seriously, I hope dallas stays away from this kid. Wish Sidney Jones nothing but the best, but let some other team deal with it. It's very much a question mark is Jones will ever be the same player after achilles surgery.

Only way I consider it is if he were to somehow slip to our 3rd round pick. Dallas needs guys who can play football right away in the first 2 rounds.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's noon somewhere.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK maybe early bUT I would take him as our yearly round two injury gamble. He is a much better prospect than clayburn ever was. He has insane ball skills

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little early to be drinking, Arlington. Don't you think?

Seriously, I hope dallas stays away from this kid. Wish Sidney Jones nothing but the best, but let some other team deal with it. It's very much a question mark is Jones will ever be the same player after achilles surgery.

Only way I consider it is if he were to somehow slip to our 3rd round pick. Dallas needs guys who can play football right away in the first 2 rounds.
No chance I let this kid get by me in the 2nd round if I'm picking 28. He could be the best CB in the draft. End of the second for him is nowhere near the risk of beginning of the second for Jaylon Smith IMO. I'd love to get production starting week 1, but If you are drafting for this year you aren't drafting correctly...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance I let this kid get by me in the 2nd round if I'm picking 28. He could be the best CB in the draft. End of the second for him is nowhere near the risk of beginning of the second for Jaylon Smith IMO. I'd love to get production starting week 1, but If you are drafting for this year you aren't drafting correctly...

If Dallas drafts another guy who can't play this year, for the second year in a row, then who's not drafting right? We have gotten next to nothing out of our 2nd round picks for the last 5 years. It's time to take a different course.

Your bolded comment is silly, of course it's not only for this year. It would be prudent to get a guy who can play football this year, especially considering the depth issues Dallas currently has.

You are making a pretty large assumption that Jones will even be what he was pre-injury. Recovering from an achilles tear is not some forgone conclusion like recovery from an ACL tear has become. Lots of guys, if not all who suffer this injury come back as something less than what they were - plenty of examples in the NFL.

You want Dallas to take another lottery ticket, when the one we took last year has not even begun to pay off. And we still don't know if Smith ever will. Surely you see the short-sightedness in that?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly? You are talking about passing on a guy that many think is the best CB in the draft in the second round! Doctors would look at him and give the thumbs up before they would draft him. This is not a Jaylon Smith case. You wrote they need to draft guys that can play right away. The point is to get guys who will help the team the most for 5 or 10 years, not this year. It's better to have a superstar for 4 years than an average player for 5 and he is expected to play in 2017 according to some reports.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achilles injury for a corner is terrifying. Also need to go for it while the window is comfortably open, need impact guys right away. If we had comp picks to burn this year maybe, since we don't it's a hard pass from me.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas drafts another guy who can't play this year, for the second year in a row, then who's not drafting right? We have gotten next to nothing out of our 2nd round picks for the last 5 years. It's time to take a different course.

Your bolded comment is silly, of course it's not only for this year. It would be prudent to get a guy who can play football this year, especially considering the depth issues Dallas currently has.

You are making a pretty large assumption that Jones will even be what he was pre-injury. Recovering from an achilles tear is not some forgone conclusion like recovery from an ACL tear has become. Lots of guys, if not all who suffer this injury come back as something less than what they were - plenty of examples in the NFL.

You want Dallas to take another lottery ticket, when the one we took last year has not even begun to pay off. And we still don't know if Smith ever will. Surely you see the short-sightedness in that?
100% agree. Don't draft him in the first round period!!! We need an immediate starter this year not another injured high pick..

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly? You are talking about passing on a guy that many think is the best CB in the draft in the second round! Doctors would look at him and give the thumbs up before they would draft him. This is not a Jaylon Smith case. You wrote they need to draft guys that can play right away. The point is to get guys who will help the team the most for 5 or 10 years, not this year. It's better to have a superstar for 4 years than an average player for 5 and he is expected to play in 2017 according to some reports.
Why take a chance in the first round on a corner with a serious knee injury? Is he projected to be the next Dion?? No way!! I am surprised at you on this one. This is a clear hell no. LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why take a chance in the first round on a corner with a serious knee injury? Is he projected to be the next Dion?? No way!! I am surprised at you on this one. This is a clear hell no. LOL
We are talking about taking him in the Second round not the first and he doesn't have a knee injury. Our second round pick is practically a 3rd rounder. Even if you need to red shirt the guy if the docs give his medical the thumbs up post surgery I think it's a no brainer. Every doctor in the world last year said Smith may never play again and we took the chance on what was practically a first rounder. This is a totally different case IMO. that was dumb, this is a MUCH lower risk move

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, silly.

Many people thought Jones was among the best CBs in the draft before the injury - that is a very important distinction. Nobody knows what they are going to get now, including Sidney Jones. This is very much like Jaylon Smith's case. Neither Smith's nor Jones' outcome is at all certain at this time. You don't do things like that two years in a row.

The point in drafting is to get someone who can help your team on cheap rookie contracts in order to acquire surplus value - show me a team in the last several years that have won anything without getting a lot of surplus value out of their rookie contract players. 5-10 years out is not a consideration in the majority of cases, because once you get past the rookie deal it's all about the money and at that point anyone is fair game. Sure, you might have an inside track to re-sign, but at that point you're paying market rates and there are usually other options in free agency.

You say it's better to have a superstar for 4 years? Let's see if these guys can even play anywhere close to there previous form before we start anointing these guys "Superstars" in the NFL. That said, Dallas isn't going to get 4 years out of Smith, and we will be very lucky if we get 3 good seasons. Dallas wouldn't get 4 out of Jones, either - he will likely be sitting in 2017, and 2018 will probably still be a recovery period. Most guys seem to take a while to get back to anywhere close to their original form after an achilles tear. So maybe you get 2 highly productive seasons out of Jones on his rookie deal? - IF he regains his form, and that is a big IF right now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about taking him in the Second round not the first and he doesn't have a knee injury. Our second round pick is practically a 3rd rounder. Even if you need to red shirt the guy if the docs give his medical the thumbs up post surgery I think it's a no brainer. Every doctor in the world last year said Smith may never play again and we took the chance on what was practically a first rounder. This is a totally different case IMO. that was dumb, this is a MUCH lower risk move
I see what your saying, but I would not take a chance in the second unless the prognosis for a full recovery and on the field sometime next season. If not, I will pass.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take him in the first and I highly doubt he makes it to us in the 2nd so its a moot point. If he does make it to pick 60 then I'm all in on taking him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take him in the first and I highly doubt he makes it to us in the 2nd so its a moot point. If he does make it to pick 60 then I'm all in on taking him.

God, I hope someone else takes him before #60. I would hate for Jerry and Co. to be faced with the choice.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing I want is another injured project. I want Year One starters on defense this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are simply too many pass rushers and DB's that will be on the board to take s chance on a redshirt