• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shut Out of the All-Rookie Team

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're talking about it right now on 710: no Seahawks on the all rookie team.

Not that I'm surprised because some of all the injuries to this class, but I still think this has the makings for a really good draft. Jarran Reed looks like a mainstay on the DL for many years to come, and Prosise was a game changer in limited action. Ifedi has the talent to help our OL improve. No clue what we have in Odhiambo yet, and Vannette & Jefferson were injured too much to say one way or the other.

Hard to give it a letter grade at this point, but what will become of the '16 rookie class?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Prosise had stayed healthy the whole year he would have made it. Reed had a solid if unspectacular year but he's never going to be the sort of player that will get a lot of credit for his play. Ifedi could have been a Pro Bowler and it wouldn't have mattered. No one on that OL was going to get credit for their play.

I don't worry too much about rookie seasons in the NFL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't worry too much about rookie seasons in the NFL.
Yeah, me neither. I just remember this time last year "the talk" seemed to have a consensus type feel that the '16 draft was pivotal because the previous 2 or 3 hadn't produced a whole lot outside Lockett & Clark, so I'm just sorta wondering if we still feel that way and/or what we think of what we have in that group going forward. They probably didn't collectively have a very good year (vs expectations) but I definitely see some reasons to be encouraged, particularly about Reed and Prosise. Not many of the 710 cast think too much of Ifedi's rookie season, but I think the experience he got this year could be pretty valuable as a 2nd year starter.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're talking about it right now on 710: no Seahawks on the all rookie team.

Not that I'm surprised because some of all the injuries to this class, but I still think this has the makings for a really good draft. Jarran Reed looks like a mainstay on the DL for many years to come, and Prosise was a game changer in limited action. Ifedi has the talent to help our OL improve. No clue what we have in Odhiambo yet, and Vannette & Jefferson were injured too much to say one way or the other.

Hard to give it a letter grade at this point, but what will become of the '16 rookie class?

With this TE class being so deep, I think we'll end up drafting another TE because I don't see Wiilson being resigned, nor have we seen much from Vannette so far... Curious to see what we do here..

I believe Prosise, Reed and Ifedi are going to end up being very good players for us...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this TE class being so deep, I think we'll end up drafting another TE because I don't see Wiilson being resigned, nor have we seen much from Vannette so far... Curious to see what we do here..

I believe Prosise, Reed and Ifedi are going to end up being very good players for us...

Maybe, but really with limited picks I don't see it, except maybe a blocking TE for depth late in the draft. Think Vannette see the field more this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this TE class being so deep, I think we'll end up drafting another TE because I don't see Wiilson being resigned, nor have we seen much from Vannette so far... Curious to see what we do here...

Maybe, but really with limited picks I don't see it, except maybe a blocking TE for depth late in the draft. Think Vannette see the field more this year.

With JG counting $10M against the cap in '17, I have to also be skeptical Luke W is coming back. How much cap will they have the TE position account for? Gotta figure Willson is gonna get $4M or so to sign here, maybe $5M somewhere else. I think we've probably seen his best football already anyway -- only so much he's going to be able to do playing 2nd fiddle to Graham on a team that doesn't throw it a ton.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With JG counting $10M against the cap in '17, I have to also be skeptical Luke W is coming back. How much cap will they have the TE position account for? Gotta figure Willson is gonna get $4M or so to sign here, maybe $5M somewhere else. I think we've probably seen his best football already anyway -- only so much he's going to be able to do playing 2nd fiddle to Graham on a team that doesn't throw it a ton.
I expect Wilson will be to expensive to keep, just don't see the Seahawks using a high draft pick on a TE when they have more pressing needs and expect that Vannette to be more involved this upcoming season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Wilson will be to expensive to keep, just don't see the Seahawks using a high draft pick on a TE when they have more pressing needs and expect that Vannette to be more involved this upcoming season.
How high is high? I was already shocked by the 3rd rounder on Vannett last year. Graham is due to be a UFA after the coming season. I could see drafting his potential replacement this year at a similar slot that we used on Vannett. Lots of different scenarios make sense, hard to say what's gonna happen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How high is high? I was already shocked by the 3rd rounder on Vannett last year. Graham is due to be a UFA after the coming season. I could see drafting his potential replacement this year at a similar slot that we used on Vannett. Lots of different scenarios make sense, hard to say what's gonna happen.
I think a blocking TE round 5 or lower is possible. Think Vannette was drafted with Wilson leaving in mind. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a blocking TE round 5 or lower is possible. Think Vannette was drafted with Wilson leaving in mind. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Defintely Hawks need a TE who can block to help that O-line. This wil be a tough year to upgrade at the OL position. Lots of competition with more cap space and a weak draft class. Hope to find a diamond in the rough mid to late rounds.