• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the UCLA players be punished?

What punishment should the UCLA basketball players receive?

• Total voters

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allegations are they shoplifted from 3 stores in China. How should it be handled?

I'd say a 10 day suspension and no NCAA tournament play this year.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it has to be something that implies outside of the school or ball will probably just sit out and wait for draft day

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allegations are they shoplifted from 3 stores in China. How should it be handled?

I'd say a 10 day suspension and no NCAA tournament play this year.
Kick those felons off the team.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If China says it was three stores it was probably just the one.

And none of these guys are getting drafted unless they improve their stock dramatically.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick those felons off the team.

they should be kicked off the team. if it was some no-name schmuck who didn't have loudmouth lavar as a daddy, no one within the UCLA athletic dept. would think twice about sending their punkasses packing.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it has to be something that implies outside of the school or ball will probably just sit out and wait for draft day

LiAngelo Ball isn't going to touch the NBA.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these guys are college kids, and they make mistakes. Plus UCLA doesn't want to piss Lavar or the Ball family off too much with this because of LaMelo coming down the pike, who's far more valuable to UCLA than any of these players. So i don't think it'll a full season suspension

At the same time, this is pretty serious. You're representing not just your school but your entire country on a trip like this. What they did was egregious and stupid.

I said 10 games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what guidelines there are for this kind of thing, but I wouldn't feel bad if they got the book thrown at them. When you shoplift in China while representing your university and country, that's just embarrassing. The president should not have to hold your hand- he has better things to do than bailing out your punkasses.

Tweeting

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full season. I wish China would have kept them there for three years

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we found nothing wrong with what they did and we excuse them from classes for the remainder of the season due to the scare they faced in China, we will not further discipline these young individuals" - NCAA

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indefinite suspension.

UCLA players suspended after China incident

which basically means until Alford decides he needs them. That's probably going to be, at latest, December 9 at Michigan, or possibly the following week against #12 Cincinnati.

So we're looking at about an 8 game suspension most likely

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should lose the entire season if not more. Are you people slow? China is a communist country. I have been there plenty. Any normal US Citizen would have been in prison for 3-7 years easily. It is only because of their status as UCLA student athletes and the fact that Trump went to bat for them that they are being released at all.

And like was heavily debated on TV last night during the halftime of the Michigan St. vs. Duke game... no reasonable person believes this is their first time doing this. These morons likely do it in the USA.. and didn't have enough intelligence to know you don't do that in a foreign country. I personally was hoping China kept them for at least a few months to teach them a lesson even with Trump begging.

Amazing how you all vote for just a few games, when if that were your family member, you wouldn't see them for 10 years... and nobody would help you. China has a 97.2% conviction rate on those crimes and requires 3-10 years jail time. They are lucky just to be back in the USA.. forget basketball for a while.

We need stiffer laws like this.. .and people would stop acting like morons here as if the world owes them something.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full season. I wish China would have kept them there for three years

AMEN brother... I think they need to visit North Korea next. What a bunch of morons to steal in a communist country.

I am shocked that UCLA didn't pull them all aside and explain to these ghetto bangers that a communist country has different laws.. and you will be in prison for doing dumb shit like you do everyday in the USA.

Does this high-end mall carry BigBallerBrand? Maybe they were trying to steal their own brand to make it look like someone is actually buying that overpriced worthless crap.

The way Ball is playing for the Lakers lately... that brand equity is in peril right now.

Swords

Big Time Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it that UCLA was playing B-ball in China anyways?

They are banned from traveling to 8 states in US due to LGBT issues, yet China is ok?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say full season as well. That was insanely dumb what they did.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should lose the entire season if not more. Are you people slow? China is a communist country. I have been there plenty. Any normal US Citizen would have been in prison for 3-7 years easily. It is only because of their status as UCLA student athletes and the fact that Trump went to bat for them that they are being released at all.

And like was heavily debated on TV last night during the halftime of the Michigan St. vs. Duke game... no reasonable person believes this is their first time doing this. These morons likely do it in the USA.. and didn't have enough intelligence to know you don't do that in a foreign country. I personally was hoping China kept them for at least a few months to teach them a lesson even with Trump begging.

Amazing how you all vote for just a few games, when if that were your family member, you wouldn't see them for 10 years... and nobody would help you. China has a 97.2% conviction rate on those crimes and requires 3-10 years jail time. They are lucky just to be back in the USA.. forget basketball for a while.

We need stiffer laws like this.. .and people would stop acting like morons here as if the world owes them something.

I don't disagree with you.... but if UCLA did that to LiAngelo, they likely lose the commitment from LaMelo.

If the Balls really want to get revenge on UCLA for dropping the hammer on LiAngelo, they'd switch their commitment to another school that would really piss the Bruins off... Perhaps another school nearby, a rival of UCLA, and an up and coming basketball program. I wonder if there's a school that qualifies.

Wait a sec!

Yes, please, UCLA, kick LiAngelo off the team for good!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just chop off a couple fingers from their non-shooting hand.