• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the SEC trade Mizzou for another school?

Should the SEC drop Missouri?

• Yes

• No

• Dill pickle potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Auburn and Miss State for UNC and Va Tech?

You get more seating capacity and expand into new territory.

The SEC gets to expand into North Carolina and Virginia.
You going to come out of pocket for the drop in conference revenue? There is a reason the SEC has no barrier to teams leaving anyone can go anytime they want with no penalty because no one is bat shit crazy enough to do it.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% correct.

That's why the ACC was nuts not turning to UCF and USF for 4 schools in Florida.

Every ACC school would have greater access to Florida HS talent and where SEC schools could
promise a Florida HS player a chance to play in his home state twice in his 4 years, an ACC school
could promise the youngster two games a year
^^^Does not understand how network markets work.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote remains a resounding yes. I mean, at least Kansas has roundball.

Missouri finishes with a better conference record than Georgia in basketball

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami and FSU can't move the needle to swing more Florida recruits to ACC schools, then UCF and USF sure as hell aren't. I don't buy the idea that promising them one more game in the state of Florida would make a difference.

Also, conference expansion has been all about adding new markets. The ACC already has Florida covered. There's a reason why the SEC added Missouri over schools like Clemson and Florida State. Missouri brings in the St. Louis market, while the SEC already has Florida and South Carolina covered.

If Swofford had presented UCF and USF as expansion options to the ACC Presidents back in 2011, he would have been laughed out of the room.

Are you trying to tell me that we have the New York City Market and the Boston market because
of SU and BC? The Pittsburgh market because we have Pitt. Last time I went to Boston for a game
was when Ryan was the QB, the leader for the Heisman and BC was #2 in the country. The story
for the game was on page 8 of the paper. That's NFL Country and nobody watches college football.

It would be like adding Temple to get the Philly market. That footprint crap only means something
when the folks watch. How many TV's do they have in Starkville, MS or Fayetteville, AR? Having
20 million TV sets doesn't mean much if 19 1/2 million of them are not watching the game.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to tell me that we have the New York City Market and the Boston market because
of SU and BC? The Pittsburgh market because we have Pitt. Last time I went to Boston for a game
was when Ryan was the QB, the leader for the Heisman and BC was #2 in the country. The story
for the game was on page 8 of the paper. That's NFL Country and nobody watches college football.

It would be like adding Temple to get the Philly market. That footprint crap only means something
when the folks watch. How many TV's do they have in Starkville, MS or Fayetteville, AR? Having
20 million TV sets doesn't mean much if 19 1/2 million of them are not watching the game.
Does not matter under the current market because once the conference has a channel they can charge a premium for it in every customer in a state that has a team. Why do you think the SEC grabbed Texas A&M and Missouri?

When cable dies everything changes but you can't tell me UCF and South Florida have a fan base that is going to seriously drive a subscription based model. You need teams with die hard legacy alumni bases and Syracuse and Pitt qualify.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch roundball in any form. Sorry.
Bruce Pearl made Tennessee basketball entertaining/interesting several years ago. That was the last time I really got into it.

I couldn't even tell you who Tennessee opens this season against.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not matter under the current market because once the conference has a channel they can charge a premium for it in every customer in a state that has a team. Why do you think the SEC grabbed Texas A&M and Missouri?

When cable dies everything changes but you can't tell me UCF and South Florida have a fan base that is going to seriously drive a subscription based model. You need teams with die hard legacy alumni bases and Syracuse and Pitt qualify.

It matters to the advertisers and thus to the TV stations, how many are actually watching.
Why do you think the NFL is saying they're already at a 300 mil dollar shortfall on TV
revenue. Advertisers only pay top dollar for top ratings...anything below "top" they pay
far less. NFL is on the verge, in all categories, of being 1 billion lost for the year.

If I own a company I'm not paying big bucks if nobody is gonna watch.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters to the advertisers and thus to the TV stations, how many are actually watching.
Why do you think the NFL is saying they're already at a 300 mil dollar shortfall on TV
revenue. Advertisers only pay top dollar for top ratings...anything below "top" they pay
far less. NFL is on the verge, in all categories, of being 1 billion lost for the year.

If I own a company I'm not paying big bucks if nobody is gonna watch.

he's stuck on the tier 3 model, ignores the real money.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and yet, that is still irrelevant. People in Boston and NYC can now watch ACC football and basketball games on their regional TV networks, and that is what matters.

Why don't you ask the commissioners of the SEC, ACC and Big Ten why they have made the expansion moves that they have made? The proof is in the puddin'.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to do is gauge what the cost of parking is for the Magic Kingdom to know ESPN
is losing its ass.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...regardless of how bad they stink.

Actually, teams have been kicked out of conferences before: The Big East did it to Temple at one point when their football program failed to measure up, and the MAC did it to UMass. But, in both cases, those schools were only associate members for that particular sport. I can't think of a time in the past 40 years or so when a full member was ex-communicated, although there was talk of CUSA doing that to UAB before they decided to bring back their football program.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Pearl made Tennessee basketball entertaining/interesting several years ago. That was the last time I really got into it.

I couldn't even tell you who Tennessee opens this season against.

I think any resources being given to the UGA roundball team should be given to the football and baseball programs. Baseball program has been in pitiful shape lately.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any resources being given to the UGA roundball team should be given to the football and baseball programs. Baseball program has been in pitiful shape lately.

Just noticed your quote down there. Love me some Keith Whitley......

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed your quote down there. Love me some Keith Whitley......

Me too. If he didn't die so young, I'd probably rank him as the best Country singer ever. Still one of my 5 favorites.

As a side note, I was crowned king of karaoke in Lexington, KY last year with that song.