• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the SEC trade Mizzou for another school?

Should the SEC drop Missouri?

• Yes

• No

• Dill pickle potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. 10pm Eastern start times, half filled stadiums, and an overall shitty brand of football aside from at least half the conference. No thanks.
Change the time zone and you've described the Big 12. It's not like you guys seat 100k in every stadium and have very few games a year that make the ratings top 5 games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change the time zone and you've described the Big 12. It's not like you guys seat 100k in every stadium and have very few games a year that make the ratings top 5 games.

We don't have stadiums that big, but Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia. And okie lite are pretty safe bets to fill their stadiums. Hell Kansas state and Iowa state do a good job that as well. Can't tell you many times I turn on a ucla or USC game to see a half empty rose bow.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point that is the most logically destination. The Big 12 way of doing business is broken and the PAC needs teams in a different time zone. May take another decade but odds are it will happen.

Except for the fact that the Big 12 makes more money than the Pac, this is correct. Maybe the big 12 teams won't like money anymore, and move west.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have stadiums that big, but Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia. And okie lite are pretty safe bets to fill their stadiums. Hell Kansas state and Iowa state do a good job that as well. Can't tell you many times I turn on a ucla or USC game to see a half empty rose bow.
To be fair filling up the Rose Bowl every week would be tough. Half empty is 50k plus and that place is a dump with zero tailgate appeal.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that the Big 12 makes more money than the Pac, this is correct. Maybe the big 12 teams won't like money anymore, and move west.
You're thinking that situation is sustainable...I do not.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would consider a trade for anything...not just another team.

6 pack of Crystal Pepsi?
Box of paper clips?
Opened Happy Meal toy?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather stand in my shower and tear up $20 bills than move to the PAC.
PAC per team revenue is less than what the Big 12 pays. Nobody would be moving for the money, but for the stability...whatever the fuck that is nowadays.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC per team revenue is less than what the Big 12 pays. Nobody would be moving for the money, but for the stability...whatever the fuck that is nowadays.

I think Boren wants access to the research money that some conferences control, which dwarfs football money. I think he is trying to position a place within those conferences with the football program.

If the PAC or BIG extended an invitation, I think that Boren jumps on board without hesitation, no matter what fans want, for the long term good of the University.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. 10pm Eastern start times, half filled stadiums, and an overall shitty brand of football aside from at least half the conference. No thanks.

That's how I see it. No team east of the Rockies is a good fit for the PAC 12.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boren wants access to the research money that some conferences control, which dwarfs football money. I think he is trying to position a place within those conferences with the football program.

If the PAC or BIG extended an invitation, I think that Boren jumps on board without hesitation, no matter what fans want, for the long term good of the University.

Lemme call up David and see if I can swing it.
We'll prolly have to invite Kansas too so that we're all connected and shit.

Works for me if you're good with it, but OU will have to be in our "pod" so we can play every year again.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is OU an AAU school? I know Nebraska snuck in before their AAU got revoked, but doesn't the Big ten want all schools AAU members?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is OU an AAU school? I know Nebraska snuck in before their AAU got revoked, but doesn't the Big ten want all schools AAU members?

Meh. I think that was a convenient yet bullshit excuse to say not to teams they didn't want. I honestly think that even if Nebraska had lost AAU status before moving to the B1G, the league still would have taken them, because let's be honest: Nebraska was one of the biggest name brands in College Football

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boren is moving towards better academics as fast as he can.
I can't say how that's working out but he's trying.

If he can enter a conference that has hundreds of millions worth of research dollars with the football team as leverage, then more power to him. The long term health of the university is tied to it.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he can enter a conference that has hundreds of millions worth of research dollars with the football team as leverage, then more power to him. The long term health of the university is tied to it.

Makes perfect sense, I think best move is a merger with the pac. Imagine a conference with California and Texas recruits. If OU went to the big ten and got stuck in the west division, you'd have no footprint in any solid recruiting grounds.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes perfect sense, I think best move is a merger with the pac. Imagine a conference with California and Texas recruits. If OU went to the big ten and got stuck in the west division, you'd have no footprint in any solid recruiting grounds.

POTD

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If OU was in the SEC you would be tied for 8th in academic ranking (with Missouri). Big 10 ain't calling bro.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3