• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles sign Kaepernick?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is hurt, put him on I.R.

Neither McGloin or Evans can replace Wentz for more than 1 game. If Lurie signed Vick, and it worked out well, at least Kap has not committed any crimes. And, at the end of the year, we can listen to offers to trade Kap. I don't think he would be a distraction. This is Wentz' team.

YES or NO?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is hurt, put him on I.R.

Neither McGloin or Evans can replace Wentz for more than 1 game. If Lurie signed Vick, and it worked out well, at least Kap has not committed any crimes. And, at the end of the year, we can listen to offers to trade Kap. I don't think he would be a distraction. This is Wentz' team.

YES or NO?
Yes.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year vet minimum. He is still an average at best QB.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would make a good back up but his talent doesn't equal his baggage. He wouldn't be the starter and the only thing the press would want to talk about is who is or isn't supporting him. That could eventually have an impact on the locker room.

Wether with us or another team I think he deserves a shot. I just hope he makes better choices when he gets that shot. My guess is the next chance he gets will be the last one if he can't figure out how to not be a distraction. If he really wants to play football he will be fine. I think that is the question most people have with him right now. After all, being an NFL player is just a job and what would happen to any of us if we did stuff at work that our bosses didn't want us to do?

So, I guess this is a really long maybe. :D :D :D

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. He is better than most of the reserve QB's in the League and I'd say 12-13 starters.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sign him since Cook has beat out EJ for the reserve QB position....if Carr misses 2-4 games, I'm not good with Cook starting.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all about Kap finding a backup role. I think the vibe put out there that his talent level puts him out while it's really about his position. And that's bullshit. We are all dealing with the political realities now. He desrerves a place as a backup at least.

If a third spot opens due to injury I would be ok with it. All of the media distraction, while a beast at first, would die down (unless he came up as a starter). While that distractions impact on the locker room is a valid concern....we did this about 8 years ago.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is that Carson takes a lot of shots. Foles is experienced, although not a top QB. If he can't stay healthy, and has a sore elbow, how can he be counted on?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely not. no reason to screw up the chemistry of this team that is getting built behind Wentz. no no no no no.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all about Kap finding a backup role. I think the vibe put out there that his talent level puts him out while it's really about his position. And that's bullshit. We are all dealing with the political realities now. He desrerves a place as a backup at least.

If a third spot opens due to injury I would be ok with it. All of the media distraction, while a beast at first, would die down (unless he came up as a starter). While that distractions impact on the locker room is a valid concern....we did this about 8 years ago.

umm... Vick was mentored by Tony Dungy, and had turned himself around. It was not just a behavior modification, but a turn of the head/heart. Vick knew what he did was wrong and accepted that. There is absolutely 'NOTHING' about these two things that are the same.

We are trying to build something here. There is absolutely no reason to screw up the lockerroom here. All this would do is make the issues with Jenkins even worse. I didn't want him before his distractions. Absolutely no, now.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm... Vick was mentored by Tony Dungy, and had turned himself around. It was not just a behavior modification, but a turn of the head/heart. Vick knew what he did was wrong and accepted that. There is absolutely 'NOTHING' about these two things that are the same.

We are trying to build something here. There is absolutely no reason to screw up the lockerroom here. All this would do is make the issues with Jenkins even worse. I didn't want him before his distractions. Absolutely no, now.

If you didn't want him before his distractions why did you just spend the whole post railing against the distractions as the reason not to take him?

And there is something about Vick and Kap situations that are the same....one thing....the concern over media up roar. That was the parallel being drawn....specifically the concern over taking a player that has uproar following him.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap hasn't been getting jobs for three reasons. Attitude, on ESPN and NFL Network a few like Charlie Castlelary (sp?) Have said Kap wouldn't commit to a backup role or commit to staying the full year. Skill set, he can function effectively in a little of pro offenses. Baggage.

I don't have any problem with signing him if he knows his role. I don't know if he really wants to play.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would make a good back up but his talent doesn't equal his baggage. He wouldn't be the starter and the only thing the press would want to talk about is who is or isn't supporting him. That could eventually have an impact on the locker room.

Wether with us or another team I think he deserves a shot. I just hope he makes better choices when he gets that shot. My guess is the next chance he gets will be the last one if he can't figure out how to not be a distraction. If he really wants to play football he will be fine. I think that is the question most people have with him right now. After all, being an NFL player is just a job and what would happen to any of us if we did stuff at work that our bosses didn't want us to do?

So, I guess this is a really long maybe. :D :D :D

I don't think I have seen my point of view on Kaepernick stated better. He is not a starter and the circus that would follow him is not worth it for a back up position.

I believe if a starter goes down early in the season and the team is not happy with their backup. You will see him come in for a tryout and most likely get signed at that point.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap hasn't been getting jobs for three reasons. Attitude, on ESPN and NFL Network a few like Charlie Castlelary (sp?) Have said Kap wouldn't commit to a backup role or commit to staying the full year. Skill set, he can function effectively in a little of pro offenses. Baggage.

I don't have any problem with signing him if he knows his role. I don't know if he really wants to play.

His desire not to be a backup is the main reason I don't think Philly has to worry about this, anyway.

And it's also 10000 times more the reason I would not wish the team to pursue him more than "baggage".

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His desire not to be a backup is the main reason I don't think Philly has to worry about this, anyway.

And it's also 10000 times more the reason I would not wish the team to pursue him more than "baggage".

Its kinda funny (sarcasam) that ESPN isnt bring that up either. I understand that yes no one wants to be the back up but to tell teams that you wont accept a backup role and that if the Kap Signal goes off and some down trodden person needs you then you will need to leave the team and answer the call. Yeah you either are purposefully sabatoging yourself to play the martyr or your stupid.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Media circus that would ensue wouldn't be worth it.