• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the current run by the SEC be considered a dynasty?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with 46&2 in that individual schools win titles, not conferences.

At the same time, however, it is something special for one conference to win so many times in a row. It is clear that the SEC is the alpha dog in college football.

How do you determine the meaning/requirements of a football "dynasty"? Looking at only the conferences around the country and not teams individually, and comparing those conferences - it is clear that the SEC is in a dominate phase at the moment. o
Does that make it a dynasty? I guess it does if you want it to... I mean, I don't think that there is any set rules for determining that. I guess it is want you make it.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only loser SEC teams would want to consider themselves a "conference dynasty" so that they can feel better about themselves. If I was an Auburn, Florida, Bama, or LSU fan, I would never consider bragging with fellow rival teams about our success. I'd want my team to win, and their team to lose.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has been considered the toughest conference for a while now and that says something for them.

However, dynasties are usually associated with one team not a group.

I do envy their ability to put teams in position for the NCG year after year though.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only loser SEC teams would want to consider themselves a "conference dynasty" so that they can feel better about themselves. If I was an Auburn, Florida, Bama, or LSU fan, I would never consider bragging with fellow rival teams about our success. I'd want my team to win, and their team to lose.

I think it is hard to have any type of pride in your conference unless it has had such a level of success.

You know I don't wake up in the morning fist pumping because the SEC is so badass, but I can appreciate the level that my schools conference plays at. I think it always feels better when someone who beat you in the season wins the NCG, because you can kind of say "we lost to the best".

One comparison I can make that I think explains it for me is baseball. I hate the fucking Phillies and everyone else in the NL East, but if any of them make it to the World Series over the Braves... I guarantee I will be rooting for them.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a SEC fanboy, but I do like other SEC teams to do well in OOC play. Same thing for Sun Belt teams in their OOC or Bowl games.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is hard to have any type of pride in your conference unless it has had such a level of success.

You know I don't wake up in the morning fist pumping because the SEC is so badass, but I can appreciate the level that my schools conference plays at. I think it always feels better when someone who beat you in the season wins the NCG, because you can kind of say "we lost to the best".

One comparison I can make that I think explains it for me is baseball. I hate the fucking Phillies and everyone else in the NL East, but if any of them make it to the World Series over the Braves... I guarantee I will be rooting for them.

I'm the exact opposite. I don't want any of my teams rivals to win shit.
Like this year's Super Bowl for example; when the Packers beat the Steelers I was just as happy as when the Ravens won it in 2000.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never root for AFC teams in the Super Bowl (mostly because it's usually the Steelers, Patriots or Colts).

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand this conference rooting shit.

No self respecting Texas fan would ever root for OU or A&M to win.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand this conference rooting shit.

No self respecting Texas fan would ever root for OU or A&M to win.

I rooted hard for Texas in the Rose Bowl against Michigan, and again for USC a year later.
Fuck seeing Michigan win anything.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're in a new conference

I haven't had time to hate all the new opponents yet

plus we're so relient on them doing good.

I can't stand the Dolphins, Jets or Patriots, I would cheer for any team over those 3.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you want to call it a dynasty then do that, there are no written rules for types of college dynasties.

I think one thing that is obvious is that the SEC has been the dominate BCS era conference.