• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Syracuse Start Terrell Hunt

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it's time to break out my boy. He's a redshirt Sophomore and is better than this five year bust.

Take off the brown bag Cuse fans. :whoo: Time to right the ship. Dontchathink#

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking to myself. I'm typing to myself. That's ok....right? :noidea: Anyways......This is from a person closer to the program than I. And he's smarter too.

By Roger Praetorius
Special to syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — Before addressing that Syracuse-Northwestern game, I think it's only fair to salute Doug Marrone and the effort his Buffalo Bills gave against the New England Patriots. The kid from the Bronx almost "made good" in his first appearance as an NFL boss. I guess the Orange had a pretty competent head coach for those four years, huh?
And yet so many people around here may not have noticed.

But don't give up just yet on Marrone's successor at SU, Scott Shafer. Nor on his team, either. What you saw on Saturday night was a talented, experienced bunch of Wildcats who did everything right against a green Syracuse club struggling to find an identity. You had a Northwestern squad that could skip the regular season and go straight to a bowl against an Orange outfit that looked like it was in its first day of preseason camp.

Still, I saw some positives.

First, you had an array of youthful, new receivers step up and make catches. We know that SU has good backs, but now maybe we'll see guys who are young and fast make some plays at wide receiver.

Secondly, there was the attempt by Shafer's gang to come back in the third quarter. It scored the first touchdown of the second half, and tried like heck to complete an unlikely comeback.

The problem, however, was that there were two huge dropped passes by a couple of Syracuse's better athletes that were drive-busters.

Jerome Smith is a force as a running back, and I can't wait to praise him after a 100-yard game. But he had a drop on a simple swing pass out of the backfield that killed a drive when the Orange was changing the momentum. The same goes for Ashton Broyld, who stuck up one hand instead of two on a deep pass over the middle. Had Broyd made that catch, SU would have been knocking on the door in the third quarter.

I know all about "coulda, woulda, shoulda," but those two dropped passes stifled a great effort by the rest of the offense.

However, I still applaud the entire group for not giving up.

The next big thing for Shafer is the quarterback position. I heard everyone say the two QBs, Drew Allen and Terrel Hunt, were pretty much equal during preseason camp. I went to the Fort Drum scrimmage and saw two quality quarterbacks who could both play at the FBS level. After an 0-2 start with Allen (a senior), I believe Hunt (a sophomore) deserves his chance. That touchdown drive he led down the field in the fourth quarter provided evidence of his ability.

My opinion? It's simple: Shafer should make this announcement to the team prior to the Wagner contest: Allen starts the first quarter, Hunt starts the second quarter ... and the better guy starts the second half.

Don't underestimate Wagner. As an FCS football program, it is limited to 63 scholarships; Syracuse, meanwhile, has 85 as I-A. The gap, then, is not that big. Expect a close affair for a half or three quarters. The Orange needs a big win to get everyone's head on straight.

Roger Praetorius, now a businessman in Syracuse, was a three-year letter-winner as a running back for Ben Schwartzwalder's SU teams in 1970, '71 and '72. During his Orange career, Praetorius rushed for 1,772 yards and scored 20 touchdowns. He was chosen in the ninth round of the 1973 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. Going forward, his commentary will appear on syracuse.com every Wednesday throughout the SU football season. Praetorius can be reached through Bud Poliquin at [email protected]

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....my boy isn't getting the start but HCSS said he will be in after 2 or 3 series.

[But speaking Thursday at his press conference, head coach Scott Shafer outlined his plan for the quarterbacks and said Hunt will not have to wait long to play.

"The plan for the quarterbacks going into this week is we'll start with Drew, get him going in the first couple three series, and then I want to get Terrel in the mix early," Shafer said. "And I look forward to seeing both those kids improve that position."]

I look forward to seeing TH rip it up.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....my boy isn't getting the start but HCSS said he will be in after 2 or 3 series.

[But speaking Thursday at his press conference, head coach Scott Shafer outlined his plan for the quarterbacks and said Hunt will not have to wait long to play.

"The plan for the quarterbacks going into this week is we'll start with Drew, get him going in the first couple three series, and then I want to get Terrel in the mix early," Shafer said. "And I look forward to seeing both those kids improve that position."]

I look forward to seeing TH rip it up.

And rip it up he did.

5th year Senior Drew Allen started the game and lasted three series. Before turning the helm over to Terrell Hunt, Allen had thrown only one completion for a -1 yard. Yes....Minus 1 yard against Wagner. The D was a monster though holding Wagner to less than 20 yards of offense and created a turnover on the Wagner 15...which Drew Allen did nothing with. 3 and out but at least he didn't give the ball back and SU had a 3 - 0 lead. Wow.

Enter Hunt who goes on to shred the Wagner D for 5 TD's in a row before the half.

Terrell Hunt should have been playing since the beginning. :wtf2:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi is damned pumped bout SU again. Terrell Hunt is da man and all you fucks are going to pay!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:boink:The ACC needs to get worried.

I would hate to see SU derail someones shot at an NC.

:ss:

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus....I'm going to drag you over here yet. :suds:
I can see being over here more during CBB season.

I wish you would go over there and pick the football games on Hawgwild's thread. Had a good week, 21-3, still didn't win. Dude had one miss.:gaah:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, how do I get an Avi?

Towards the top of the page, there is a black tool bar...the first option is "UserCP". click there. On the left select "edit Avitar". Don't select Profile Picture.

Upload from there is the same as everywhere.

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time a Cuse Gametracker happens I'll try to send some of the old posters this way.

Are Copp, Giantants, Malibu, NYSU, Fatkid, Big12KO, SyrMike :-)doh:), Fansince66, on board over here?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time a Cuse Gametracker happens I'll try to send some of the old posters this way.

Are Copp, Giantants, Malibu, NYSU, Fatkid, Big12KO, SyrMike :-)doh:), Fansince66, on board over here?

I thought it had to be a top 25 team for gametracker.

Not a one here. I've run into B12 at syracuse post website. There are a bunch here from cbs, but not many SU fans.

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean by next time. If they play a T25 this year or maybe a Bowl game for football. Might not be til November and Bball.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean by next time. If they play a T25 this year or maybe a Bowl game for football. Might not be til November and Bball.

That's right....SU doesn't have to be the Top 25 team. Clemson is ranked 3. It will be on tracker because of Clemson on Oct 5.

I'll be at the game, so send some guys this way for me.

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I get up to game this year. My friends moved off Tipp Hill and out to Baldwinsville.

That Clemson game would be the one to see. Saw VT with Vick when they were ranked way up there in the T25, Freeney sacked him 4 times and the Cuse was in business. The Troy Nunes era. Cuse let it slip away with a Vick 50+ yard TD run.

Went to a Miami game when they were #1 I think.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I get up to game this year. My friends moved off Tipp Hill and out to Baldwinsville.

That Clemson game would be the one to see. Saw VT with Vick when they were ranked way up there in the T25, Freeney sacked him 4 times and the Cuse was in business. The Troy Nunes era. Cuse let it slip away with a Vick 50+ yard TD run.

Went to a Miami game when they were #1 I think.

Let me know if you do. I'd like to stop for a beer or two with you before the game. Right now I think I'll make them all so any of the games should work.

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do, no plans yet.

Looks like Hunt gets the start, hope the kid kicks ass.

And you could pick the games over there.:nod:

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali Cat
  • Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • mod.png
Re: Friday Exit Poll

« Reply #24 on: Today at 01:05:44 PM »

Hey, Khep - Next time you see jonvi somewhere, please tell him I send him one of these
tony.gif
, that I pine for him, and that cbb is just around the corner.
wiggle.gif

Last edited by a moderator: