• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Bruce Allen be fired

Should Daniel Snyder fire Bruce Allen

• Yes and do it very publically.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes and take a lesson from Cousins and do it privately.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted "Yes" but that vote should include a retroactive firing to the 2012 season, a public "on air" apology to the fans and repayment of all monies paid to the same.

That said, I agree with what @Breed stated about Allen as a cap guy. Unfortunately, Allen is not one to cede power once he has it. He seems to have that third ear in relation to understanding a fan base. When questionable moves and a growing disapproval forces him to hire a GM full of ideas but bereft of classic duties, find reason to fire that hire, and re-elevate the notion that it was he who bought about changes for the better maintains his position. Why? well, when the townsfolks put away their fire sticks and pitchforks and there's merely a low grumbling, he gets to keep a firm hold on his total authority......That is.....until the next time there's a need to hire then fire another Scott McCloughan type.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted "Yes" but that vote should include a retroactive firing to the 2012 season, a public "on air" apology to the fans and repayment of all monies paid to the same.

That said, I agree with what @Breed stated about Allen as a cap guy. Unfortunately, Allen is not one to cede power once he has it. He seems to have that third ear in relation to understanding a fan base. When questionable moves and a growing disapproval forces him to hire a GM full of ideas but bereft of classic duties, find reason to fire that hire, and re-elevate the notion that it was he who bought about changes for the better maintains his position. Why? well, when the townsfolks put away their fire sticks and pitchforks and there's merely a low grumbling, he gets to keep a firm hold on his total authority......That is.....until the next time there's a need to hire then fire another Scott McCloughan type.
And that next Scott McCloughan is.............Doug Williams. Keep your head down, Doug. They will publicly praise you until they need your head on a chopping block as a public sacrifice.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that next Scott McCloughan is.............Doug Williams. Keep your head down, Doug. They will publicly praise you until they need your head on a chopping block as a public sacrifice.

Yep!! Fact is, I believe that Doug Williams has already greased the skis towards that end....remember this?...

Williams adds, "All I can do is hope and pray that Kirk looks at the big picture and looks at this football team and realizes that we really do have a pretty solid football team, solid offensive line, he's got something to work with."

The newly minted Senior VP of player personnel should be aware that his own words can and will be used against him, if that's what Bruce Allen needs to deflect attention towards someone else. Spot on J_Y19!!

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't care much how he's fired - just as long as he is fired. And I had no problem with him disclosing what he offered Cousins. It was how he did it - like a douche running the bus over KC... almost unbelievable lack of tact. A GM's gotta be a helluvalot smoother than that.