• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Brad try to rebuild Okafor?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Examining Jahlil Okafor’s fit with the Boston Celtics

I say take a chance on him. he is in effect in a contract year. let him know that in Boston no defense means no chance to play offense. teach the dude. drill him get him to lose another 10 or so but work him on his laterals

he should be available soon and for free if any place can resurrect his career its with Coach Stevens

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a bad player. Need to work on his defense but they're acting like he is a bum.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kind of agree. i mean Baynes aint so swift on his feet and he can play in brads system. in fact okafor should have better feet based on what we see from his offense. the kid just needs a good system.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get all the hate on Okafor. He's a poor man's Brook Lopez, IMO. Not a good defender, but can put the ball in the bucket. While their defense is a major draw back, teams can find a way to utilize him in a really efficient way. I could think of a half dozen teams that could really use him, Boston being one of them.

I think him and WCS would make a pretty dynamic pairing in Sacramento. WCS could be their rim protector while Okafor is their scorer. Houston plays no defense, so Okafor would be perfect there too, especially with guys like Harden and CP3 to help set him up properly in the half court. Hawks could use all the talent they can get. Same with Brooklyn and Dallas. I believe he'll have a stronger market than most people think. People are basing him off of Trade value instead of open market value. Trade value is different because the Sixers are looking for comparable compensation to a guy drafted in his slot.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get all the hate on Okafor. He's a poor man's Brook Lopez, IMO. Not a good defender, but can put the ball in the bucket. While their defense is a major draw back, teams can find a way to utilize him in a really efficient way. I could think of a half dozen teams that could really use him, Boston being one of them.

I think him and WCS would make a pretty dynamic pairing in Sacramento. WCS could be their rim protector while Okafor is their scorer. Houston plays no defense, so Okafor would be perfect there too, especially with guys like Harden and CP3 to help set him up properly in the half court. Hawks could use all the talent they can get. Same with Brooklyn and Dallas. I believe he'll have a stronger market than most people think. People are basing him off of Trade value instead of open market value. Trade value is different because the Sixers are looking for comparable compensation to a guy drafted in his slot.

I don't believe this is true. I think the Sixers are just looking for the best deal they can find. Selling him for something like a 2nd rounder just doesn't sound appealing since he's more valuable as an insurance policy to Embiid than a 2nd rounder would be.

I always thought the Knicks under Phil Jackson would have been a good match but that ship has sailed.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Examining Jahlil Okafor’s fit with the Boston Celtics

I say take a chance on him. he is in effect in a contract year. let him know that in Boston no defense means no chance to play offense. teach the dude. drill him get him to lose another 10 or so but work him on his laterals

he should be available soon and for free if any place can resurrect his career its with Coach Stevens

He's not a bad player. Need to work on his defense but they're acting like he is a bum.

i kind of agree. i mean Baynes aint so swift on his feet and he can play in brads system. in fact okafor should have better feet based on what we see from his offense. the kid just needs a good system.

76ers fans have been debating Okafor for a couple years now. Everyone has brought up the points that you guys are bringing up. For whatever reason, he has not found playing time with this team. Whether he's going to turn out to be anything good or not, I think almost everyone agrees that a change of scenery would benefit him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe this is true. I think the Sixers are just looking for the best deal they can find. Selling him for something like a 2nd rounder just doesn't sound appealing since he's more valuable as an insurance policy to Embiid than a 2nd rounder would be.

I always thought the Knicks under Phil Jackson would have been a good match but that ship has sailed.

I mean to say comparable compensation, given his draft slot. Not in conjunction with wanting something back similar in value to his draft slot. There's a clear reason they're not just giving him away and I agree they're just looking for the best value back. But like you said that value has to exceed his current back up role to Embiid right now.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean to say comparable compensation, given his draft slot. Not in conjunction with wanting something back similar in value to his draft slot. There's a clear reason they're not just giving him away and I agree they're just looking for the best value back. But like you said that value has to exceed his current back up role to Embiid right now.

He's actually the 4th string center behind Embiid, Amir Johnson, and Richaun Holmes. But still, he has some value to the organization, given Embiid's health issues, Johnson's age, and Holmes' recent wrist injury.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More perplexing is why the sixers have not even played him at all if they wanted to trade him soon. Seems to me he is a back up for no one. Strange

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Because at this point, I'm convinced Brad Stevens can do anything. That roster had a complete overhaul and they are 7-2. And that's not even mentioning all the overachieving his teams have done in year's past. He's got the golden touch

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's got Morris back tonight... and have had surprising contributions from younguns and no-names... guys doing the little things and playing defense.

No need, I'd say. I'd rather have a scrappy defender on the floor... and the lack of scrap shown by Okafor on defense has just been too glaring.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Because at this point, I'm convinced Brad Stevens can do anything. That roster had a complete overhaul and they are 7-2. And that's not even mentioning all the overachieving his teams have done in year's past. He's got the golden touch

This is basically my thought.

If he can turn two guys who cant' even spell defense into what Kyrie and Tatum are playing like right now, why not take a shot on Okafor.

Brad is a basketball god. No other coach on earth would have this team 7-2. Not one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically my thought.

If he can turn two guys who cant' even spell defense into what Kyrie and Tatum are playing like right now, why not take a shot on Okafor.

Brad is a basketball god. No other coach on earth would have this team 7-2. Not one.

Okafor doesn't fit though. Offensively they look very good with their small lineups on the court. Tatum has shone he can defend modern 4s well enough. Their bench bigs provide defense, rebounding and toughness that Okafor doesn't.

I just think they need Baynes' hustle and energy more than they need a guy like Okafor.

But I agree Stevens is amazing. He even has Kyrie playing defense!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He even has Kyrie playing defense!

th

:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be worth a shot at the right price. I wouldn't mind the Lakers taking a shot with him. Let him and Zubac battle it out.

I agree though, if Stevens can't turn him around, it can't be done.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this say about IT? Stevens able to get Kyrie play defense but not IT?
I guess it says that IT is too dang short to ever be a good defender.

IT hustled. That wasn't ever his problem. In the end, a 3 foot 8 inch dude can only do so much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IT hustled. That wasn't ever his problem. In the end, a 3 foot 8 inch dude can only do so much.

Yeah, never looked to me like not trying was his problem (ala Harden/Kyrie). Height still matters in basketball and when you're at least 2 feet shorter than anyone you play, you're gonna struggle defensively.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao...my Dude, @Vyle203 , would have had a conniption fit had you said this last year.

Now, he be like....

Excited-Happy-Kenneth-Parcel-30-Rock.gif

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This be IT guarding other NBA players... notice, he only comes up to their arm pits (pee yew!)