• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shoop

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is official that Bob is gone. Seemed like it was only a matter or time. Not overly concerned with if Pry steps in. That said though I LOVE how Jason Cabinda called Donovan Smith on Twitter. Dude has been bashing the school at every moment.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is official that Bob is gone. Seemed like it was only a matter or time. Not overly concerned with if Pry steps in. That said though I LOVE how Jason Cabinda called Donovan Smith on Twitter. Dude has been bashing the school at every moment.

Agree with all of this. I liked Shoop, but he's a guy who got his big shot with Franklin and chose to show no loyalty. He was a flop as a HC, a nobody on the scene coaching at William and Mary when Franklin gave him the shot to be Dc at Vandy, then here. Nobody even knew who the journeyman was 5 years ago. Here's the kicker, the guy they fired put up better defensive numbers than Shoop, I'm actually glad its done and he left. Don't want to do this dance every damn year with him. Pry is more than capable and don't think we miss a beat with him. He's a proven DC with some nasty defenses to his credit and he's a great recruiter. Fortunately Shoop was one of our weakest recruiters and nobody was tied to him as their lead. All reactions have been very positive from the recruits, no wavering, in fact all 100% we are in from everyone they've spoken to so far. I think Pry is promoted today and we bring in someone else from the outside to coach either LB or S. Pry was DC and S coach at Georgia Southern, so we have flexibility with the next addition. I could see Haslett bumoing on to staff, would also like to see him make a run at Zordich to coach S position.

Donovan Smith is just a dickhead. He and Franklin didn't get along, so now he apparently feels its productive to take shots at the program because he was a lazy piece of shit who got called out for it by Franklin and BOB. The hwole super six crew can frankly go fuck off, they are like petulant children and only come out of woodwork when something happens they can rip, never support when things are going well.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Tennessee doesn't want to pay the 800,000 buy out. I hope if Shoop is gone it doesn't cost us a bunch of recruits. Sucks that this happened 1 month before signing day. Kids can flip easily and now they have a month to reconsider. I'm scared.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Tennessee doesn't want to pay the 800,000 buy out. I hope if Shoop is gone it doesn't cost us a bunch of recruits. Sucks that this happened 1 month before signing day. Kids can flip easily and now they have a month to reconsider. I'm scared.

Read above, nobody has wavered at all, Shoop barely recruits, they have bonded more with Pry and Franklin than they would with shoop. It happens all the time everywhere, don't see Bama or Auburn in panic because their DC's left. Again, I'd be more worried if Shoop were our big gun recruiter and the main contact on them.

Where it could have an affect is with someone like Hamlin who's not on board yet, then again, Pry may be more involved with him now, which could be a good thing. It also won't hurt if we end up bringing a former NFL HC on staff from his advisor position to coach S.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read above, nobody has wavered at all, Shoop barely recruits, they have bonded more with Pry and Franklin than they would with shoop. It happens all the time everywhere, don't see Bama or Auburn in panic because their DC's left. Again, I'd be more worried if Shoop were our big gun recruiter and the main contact on them.

Where it could have an affect is with someone like Hamlin who's not on board yet, then again, Pry may be more involved with him now, which could be a good thing. It also won't hurt if we end up bringing a former NFL HC on staff from his advisor position to coach S.

You also told me BOB wouldn't leave for the NFL so I'll wait till Feb 3rd national signing day to see what effects it has.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also told me BOB wouldn't leave for the NFL so I'll wait till Feb 3rd national signing day to see what effects it has.

Go check out the responses from recruits, they've been overwhelmingly 100% all in for PSU, all said they committed to PSU for many reasons and an assistant coach leaving effects nothing. I guess if you want to disregard direct quotes from the recruits themselves, then worry away.

Nobody is going to offer a recruit 8 mil a year to flip like BOB got, hardly an even comparison.

On a side note, NOrdin added PSU commit back to his twitter page

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go check out the responses from recruits, they've been overwhelmingly 100% all in for PSU, all said they committed to PSU for many reasons and an assistant coach leaving effects nothing. I guess if you want to disregard direct quotes from the recruits themselves, then worry away.

Nobody is going to offer a recruit 8 mil a year to flip like BOB got, hardly an even comparison.

On a side note, NOrdin added PSU commit back to his twitter page

You have always been the glass is half full and I have always been half empty. If you are correct I am happy. If I am correct both are unhappy. Hears to you being correct :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have always been the glass is half full and I have always been half empty. If you are correct I am happy. If I am correct both are unhappy. Hears to you being correct :suds:

I'm just relaying what the recruits have actually said since last night. Its also well know Shoop did little recruiting. Franklin is our best recruiter and the main guy everyone is committed to. They believe in him and where they think he's taking us. Kids realize assistants will come and go

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care as much for a guy who can recruit but not coach. Shoop is a great coach and our defense has shown it because of him. Who cares if you can constantly get 5 star recruits but unable to coach them and win games. (USC)

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lavar tweeted out hinting his desire to coach at PSU. Would you consider him a good move to LB coach and have Pry take over safeties? I think fundamentally he would teach proper techinque and his passion would be great on recruiting trail.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lavar tweeted out hinting his desire to coach at PSU. Would you consider him a good move to LB coach and have Pry take over safeties? I think fundamentally he would teach proper techinque and his passion would be great on recruiting trail.

God I don't know about this. He would be great for recruiting but seriously I have NO idea if he could coach. I always remember LaVar has a free lancer and not a fundamental stay in your gap role guy. That's the main reason he didn't succeed in the NFL - IMO. Now people can preach better then they can do so maybe it would workout but for a first time guy coming to a major University has me iffy on this.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care as much for a guy who can recruit but not coach. Shoop is a great coach and our defense has shown it because of him. Who cares if you can constantly get 5 star recruits but unable to coach them and win games. (USC)

Not saying Pry can't coach, quite the opposite, he has been a DC and had some nasty defenses. just saying hsoop was not relied on much to recruit, no recruits really bonded with him as a reason they committed. Pry can coach AND is an ace recruiter.

Lavar has thrown his hat in ring for LB job if they were to bump pry to safeties/DC, said he'd love to coach at PSU and was thankful for all the tweets from people mentioning the possibility. There's someone I am not sure could coach, but he'd be a MONSTER on the recruiting trail and bleeds blue and white

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Pry can't coach, quite the opposite, he has been a DC and had some nasty defenses. just saying hsoop was not relied on much to recruit, no recruits really bonded with him as a reason they committed. Pry can coach AND is an ace recruiter.

Lavar has thrown his hat in ring for LB job if they were to bump pry to safeties/DC, said he'd love to coach at PSU and was thankful for all the tweets from people mentioning the possibility. There's someone I am not sure could coach, but he'd be a MONSTER on the recruiting trail and bleeds blue and white

As far as LaVar goes he does do a lot of work with the Under Armor HS All-Americans and has done so the past few years. I think he would be a good fit as the new LB coach.

Now as far as Donovan Smith goes, I 100% agree that the guy just has some axe to grind with Franklin and the program in general. He did back peddle today but anyone who follows him on Twitter knows he doesn't shy away from taking his little shots. TBO, Smith wasn't that great when he was here. He was a part of that Oline that gave up the most sacks in all of college football last season (2014). Its a shame too since w/o PSU e wouldn't be playing in the NFL.

I have talked to a few people inside the program about the "Supa Six" and (with the exception of Allen Robinson) they were a disease in the locker room. They cared nothing about the team and only about themselves. They acted like entitled punks who pouted wen things didn't go their way. They think that since they stayed during the sanctions we should kiss the ground they walked on. They weren't leaders on that team, not like Mauti, Zordich, Hodges and McGloin. I for one am glad that group is gone.