• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the radio that Sherman is meeting with Seahawks today, and it’s expected that he will be released. If this proves true, it’ll be the first major move of the offseason.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the radio that Sherman is meeting with Seahawks today, and it’s expected that he will be released. If this proves true, it’ll be the first major move of the offseason.

What? Seriously? Is his injury that bad?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Jeremy Lane tweeted something that made it sound like Sherman is done here but other than an injury I can't think of any reason why the Hawks would do it. If he is let go, then I can see another run on defensive backs in this year's draft with the other uncertainties there. Getting Griffin last year was a good start towards turning things over to the next generation, but losing Sherman would kick that turnover into high gear.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the Seahawks don't think he'll be 100% next season and the Seahawks would save 11 million in cap space and they can use it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has taken a step back in the last couple of years. His injury is a bad one for DBs & likely will mean he won't be in his usual form for most of next season. Unfortunately, due to his injury, he can't be traded, so it looks like they are just releasing him.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the Seahawks don't think he'll be 100% next season and the Seahawks would save 11 million in cap space and they can use it.

Not only this, I believe Pete is getting rid of the malcontents that cause friction. Shame he held onto the incompetent coordinators for so long though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has taken a step back in the last couple of years. His injury is a bad one for DBs & likely will mean he won't be in his usual form for most of next season. Unfortunately, due to his injury, he can't be traded, so it looks like they are just releasing him.
That sums it up well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only this, I believe Pete is getting rid of the malcontents that cause friction. Shame he held onto the incompetent coordinators for so long though.

I can see why you think that, but I think it is more about age, health and cost.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett gone, Sherman likely gone... those two are the ones causing problems to some degree. Rumor was Earl was also on the trade block but I wouldn't be surprised if Sherman gone is to keep Thomas. Thomas/Wagner are the heart of that D.

Seattle created a huge prima donna team after their Super Bowl win and sounds like Carroll knows it's time to let these guys go... Not to mention these guys are getting old, starting to get injury issues, etc. No sense in paying guys $7-10M+ who can't see the field or are starting to cause mental errors because they're 'frustrated'.

Then focus on signing some new younger talent like Sheldon Richardson.

Oh and get rid of useless ass Jeremy Lane while we're at it, would ya Seattle?

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you think that, but I think it is more about age, health and cost.

Bennett being traded opens $2 million this year and something like another $11 million next year for the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett being traded opens $2 million this year and something like another $11 million next year for the team.

I think technically it was $6.5M had we kept him on the roster.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you be ok with letting him walk though ?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be ok with letting him walk though ?
If he insisted on 11 million? Yes. His play has dropped the last couple of years and don’t think he’ll be a good asset next year trying to come back from that kind of injury. Now I do think 2019 he’ll be much healthier and worth more then 2018, but not 11million type play. His hay days are behind him, he could still be a asset once he’s a 100%, but that won’t happen this year IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Essentially what I came in to say.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Jeremy Lane tweeted something that made it sound like Sherman is done here but other than an injury I can't think of any reason why the Hawks would do it. If he is let go, then I can see another run on defensive backs in this year's draft with the other uncertainties there. Getting Griffin last year was a good start towards turning things over to the next generation, but losing Sherman would kick that turnover into high gear.

Lane is also likely out the door.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett gone, Sherman likely gone... those two are the ones causing problems to some degree. Rumor was Earl was also on the trade block but I wouldn't be surprised if Sherman gone is to keep Thomas. Thomas/Wagner are the heart of that D.

Seattle created a huge prima donna team after their Super Bowl win and sounds like Carroll knows it's time to let these guys go... Not to mention these guys are getting old, starting to get injury issues, etc. No sense in paying guys $7-10M+ who can't see the field or are starting to cause mental errors because they're 'frustrated'.

I recall seeing a Seattle Times article that said the Seahawks are working on extending Earl Thomas.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was the super bowl that did it, tbh these guys have had clashing personalities all along. Winning covers up a lot of that stuff though so it was manageable from 2012 to 2014/2015 or so. The last couple years however it's obvious with some of the reports that have come out and fights on the sidelines, etc, that there's been some serious issues in the locker room. If Sherman is a big part of that, and there's a lot of reason to believe he is, then I have no issues with him going somewhere else.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sherman is gone he's done his part to always remain a Seahawk. Thanks for the one of the greatest moments ever.

463873923.0.jpg

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the reports on Sherm are not accurate. There has already been some conflicting things, such as he was both supposed to meet with the team and fly to Vegas yesterday. I haven't seen a decline in his play, that's for sure. He is coming off a bad injury, but I think he has lots of good football left. It's not like he is dependent on his speed anyway. I won't miss Bennett much at all, but I'll be bummed if Sherm is gone.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of the business. Sherman is heading into the last year of his contract which will pay him 13 mil. Lots of questions, will he even be 100% for the last year? Is there a chance he has no intentions of extending for a realistic dollar value after this year? Has Sherman representing himself making things harder? It does seem that the team wanted to have a sit down with Sherman about the future. About reducing his salary for next season, about learning what their options are. It is easy to speculate, that the Seahawks are not comfortable giving Sherman 13 mil for the final year of his contract when there is a strong chance that he due to injury may not be the same player he used to be for that final year. There is also this cap thing, a mini rebuild happening and most importantly, the Seahawks are reluctant to give big money to players over the age of 30. Cutting him may be a short term ouch, but the right thing to do when looking ahead 2 to 3 years from now