• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan Officially Named Head Coach

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The next most important hire coming up is defensive coordinator. That is going to be critical also

Yes, critical fill. Not only does he need to install his scheme and adjust, but get the players to buy in thru the losing. Same with Shannahan and the offense, keep the players buying in despite the losses. Think we'll win more than two games, but a few more wins is still a lot of losses.

The fans will break down, but as long as the Coaching staff and players stay together, we're good going forward.

Speaking of critical.......this Adam Peters guy is especially critical come April. With this high a slot plus extra picks, he can't end up with an "NFL average" class. THIS class must be GOOD else the 'losing' will linger even longer.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, critical fill. Not only does he need to install his scheme and adjust, but get the players to buy in thru the losing. Same with Shannahan and the offense, keep the players buying in despite the losses. Think we'll win more than two games, but a few more wins is still a lot of losses.

The fans will break down, but as long as the Coaching staff and players stay together, we're good going forward.

Speaking of critical.......this Adam Peters guy is especially critical come April. With this high a slot plus extra picks, he can't end up with an "NFL average" class. THIS class must be GOOD else the 'losing' will linger even longer.

True. Need at least two to three starters from this draft. An ILB, OLB (edge rusher) and maybe WR. Cannot be 2012 disaster or 2013 disappointment. Reid had a great rookie year, but since then has been injured (concussions) and has played average since rookie year. Carradine has been a major disappointment, while McDonald has been often injured. He had a good year this year though I don't know if he warranted his new contract. Patton has been unproductive and Lattimore is out of football. Dial has been a pleasant surprise. So in two years, Niners practically got close to nothing. Lynch, Peters and Shanahan must do better or the double digit losses in a season continues.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this draft Class is BIG plus also adding some nice pieces through FA's. Not saying spend Big but spend smart and get players that fit into Offensive scheme and what ever Defensive scheme we will have. We are not close enough to sign Big time FA's. Maybe Next year we can sign 1-2 Big time FA's. This year is about being smart and improve.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the press conference to introduce Lynch and Shanahan (going on as I type this), they stated that ex Lions GM Martin Mayhew is joining the Front Office.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the press conference to introduce Lynch and Shanahan (going on as I type this), they stated that ex Lions GM Martin Mayhew is joining the Front Office.
Did you get the feeling that Kap with stay as a 9er like I did?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

good because we're adding more 'football people'. It'll be Lynch's job to get these guys working together.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get the feeling that Kap with stay as a 9er like I did?

One could take it that way I guess.....you can also say it was typical coach speak. I think it would be pointless since Shanahans offense doesn't suit anything Kaepernick does well, and if you're gonna have that bridge QB to teach the next one something, you want someone well versed in what Shanahan is teaching. If that guy is Schaub or someone like a FA like McCown, so be it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that might be troubling is how much Shanahan has on his plate. Head Coach, offensive co-ordinator and offensive play caller is a lot of responsibilities on a veteran coach, let alone a rookie HC. Guess we'll have to see how it all pans out.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could take it that way I guess.....you can also say it was typical coach speak. I think it would be pointless since Shanahans offense doesn't suit anything Kaepernick does well, and if you're gonna have that bridge QB to teach the next one something, you want someone well versed in what Shanahan is teaching. If that guy is Schaub or someone like a FA like McCown, so be it.

I hope Kap opts out. It's best for everyone. He needs a fresh start and the Niners need a clean slate. He mentioned during the Tolbert and Lund show that he wants a QB that is a pure passer, one that was born to be one. He also mentioned that there are probably only 6 or 7 of those on the planet. I don't Kap is one of those.

He's not going to force it but if Shanahan feels there's a QB in the draft that fits that mold, then he will draft one. He's not afraid to make mistakes. I like his conviction and I think he and Lynch will do a good job. Their rapport seem to be genuine unlike Baalke and the three previous coaches.

Last edited:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kap opts out. It's best for everyone. He needs a fresh start and the Niners need a clean slate. He mentioned during the Tolbert and Lund show that he wants a QB that is a pure passer, one that was born to be one. He also mentioned that there are probably only 6 or 7 of those on the planet. I don't Kap is one of those.

He's not going to force it but if Shanahan feels there's a QB in the draft that fits that mold, then he will draft one. He's not afraid to make mistakes. I like his conviction and I think he and Lynch will do a good job. Their rapport seem to be genuine unlike Baalke and the three previous coaches.

I think it is best for Kaep to move on too. He played better last year than he has in a couple of years. Even still, he is too inconsistent. Will make some great throws or have a good half and then have crappy half. If he is surrounded by a top defense and great running game, then he can do enough to win. Baalke was awful with communication. He was a control freak and just couldn't work with people. He feuded with Harbaugh and Kelly. He also appeared really pig headed and would not learn from his mistakes when it came to drafting players and signing free agents.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this makes sense to me, and hopefully that 'bridge' is willing to teach.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing that might be troubling is how much Shanahan has on his plate. Head Coach, offensive co-ordinator and offensive play caller is a lot of responsibilities on a veteran coach, let alone a rookie HC. Guess we'll have to see how it all pans out.

Yep, something that crossed my mind too.

More so on game days, so he has to have an Assistant or AssistantS, be focused on the clock strategy; replay; timeouts; and whatever else he might share. Assistants can stay ahead and anticipate these things, AND know what to do immediately. Shannahan will be too focused on the plays and the personnel groupings.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree on Kaep

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes sense to me, and hopefully that 'bridge' is willing to teach.

I'm sure a guy like Schaub or McCown at their points in their careers are more than willing to do so. You hear that Schaub is a guy that Shanahan is interested in bringing with him, so I think he'll know his role, given he's worked a lot with Shanahan throughout his career.