• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Several assistant coaches arrested in corruption scheme

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake Forest is hosting Ayo Dosunmu this weekend. USC and a coach that has former ties with Lamont Evans is involved. I'm not so sure I want Ayo anymore, lol. Not that it matters, because Illinois is probably going to get him.

Well Illinois may be boned as well. At least one year of Evans investigation was on Underwoods watch

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Illinois may be boned as well. At least one year of Evans investigation was on Underwoods watch

Yeah, possibly. Only time will tell.

Not sure how reliable this source is.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty solid point

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, possibly. Only time will tell.

Not sure how reliable this source is.

BuzzKing is a frequent poster on Gopher Hole. More than likely just speculation on his part in asking. Not sure who Tony Patelis is? I don't follow/recognize that account.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuzzKing is a frequent poster on Gopher Hole. More than likely just speculation on his part in asking. Not sure who Tony Patelis is? I don't follow/recognize that account.

Patelis seems to be a decent college hoops guy to follow, just not sure how reliable he is here. It does seem that Underwood could be in trouble, if Lamont Evans acted up during his watch. Evans might take down two major college hoops coaches in Frank Martin and Underwood.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Larranaga made a statement yesterday, but it came through his personal attorney, not the university. Pretty Pitino-like.

He might be a dead man walking.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patelis seems to be a decent college hoops guy to follow, just not sure how reliable he is here. It does seem that Underwood could be in trouble, if Lamont Evans acted up during his watch. Evans might take down two major college hoops coaches in Frank Martin and Underwood.

If he takes down those 2, wonder what happens to Illinois? Not sure he can continue to be coach there?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone's booboo hole is a bit tight right now until all this is blown over.

Not here. Would be more of same either way :lol:

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he takes down those 2, wonder what happens to Illinois? Not sure he can continue to be coach there?

Illinois will have to find a new coach if Lamont Evans takes down Underwood.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get rid of the one and done rule and let the kids that can make some bucks going pro go pro. If they do commit to a college make them play 3 years. And let them get a little piece of the pie as well. Problem solved.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolol, apparently the guy for Bama that resigned...used to work for the NCAA.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get rid of the one and done rule and let the kids that can make some bucks going pro go pro. If they do commit to a college make them play 3 years. And let them get a little piece of the pie as well. Problem solved.

I think these high school kids who are too good to play in college should just be able to jump right into the G-League like Krzyzewski pointed out months ago.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois will have to find a new coach if Lamont Evans takes down Underwood.

At least they will get off lucky (assuming their previous staff is clean). He hasn't brought in a recruiting class yet so if his new assistants are as shady as his last staff they haven't had a chance to screw the program yet.

That being said, I don't blame him. Every college coach that wants to win knows how the sausage is made. If the FBI doesn't get involved no one has proof of all of this. It's not right but that is the game right now (or at least 48 hours ago).

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these high school kids who are too good to play in college should just be able to jump right into the G-League like Krzyzewski pointed out months ago.

It's probably better for them in the long run. If they wash out and decide they want to go to college they can actually approach it as a student, make up for the deficiencies they have at the JC level, and then hit a 4 year college. These programs are doing no favors enrolling kids that aren't qualified to attend these universities as far as academics go.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this farce just crumbles. The NCAA has been sucking NBA dick for way too long. They'll take a a bit of a hit but there's more than enough people that root for the schools and not the players. If you put student athletes in there to compete it will still be a draw. It's the NBA that gets fucked the most when their minor league gets shuttered.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably better for them in the long run. If they wash out and decide they want to go to college they can actually approach it as a student, make up for the deficiencies they have at the JC level, and then hit a 4 year college. These programs are doing no favors enrolling kids that aren't qualified to attend these universities as far as academics go.

Not only that, education is important. What if the kid blows out his knee? Then what will he do? Gotta think about that. Always keep a backup option.

But yeah, let's keep it real. Put aside qualifications, who the fuck wants to go to class if you have God given abilities and have an instant opportunity to get rich?

No one. Unless you're in a strict bookworm family that values education like for example C.J. McCollum.