• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Several assistant coaches arrested in corruption scheme

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct... but I understood that the other schools involved basically did the same thing or at the very least offered cash to recruits through back channels but were ultimately outbid. I could be absolutely incorrect here.

Regardless, it's ugly across the board.

Probably going to get bigger.

Legit worried for NC State. Want to see them get better, not fucked by the actions of that slimeball Gottfried.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to get bigger.

Legit worried for NC State. Want to see them get better, not fucked by the actions of that slimeball Gottfried.

I gotta be honest... I feel really good about Cal and UK. Why? Because the NCAA and parties that be have been wanting to nail his ass to a tree for years so I would assume if UK had an ounce of involvement in something like this, they would have been the first program announced.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes one wonder what type of dirt Ricky P has on Jurich... Rick should have been fired after the whole hooker situation in my opinion... or the the whole Karen Sypher situation... or the whole... never mind, you get my point.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct... but I understood that the other schools involved basically did the same thing or at the very least offered cash to recruits through back channels but were ultimately outbid. I could be absolutely incorrect here.

Regardless, it's ugly across the board.

The only thing I've heard about Arizona from reliable source so far is that the asst coach was taking money for himself in exchange for introdocing/pushing players towards finanacial advisors, agents, etc.

I haven't seen anything yet about Arizona paying to play. Not saying that's not there, I just haven't heard that yet... and, yeah, most of the coverage is centered on Louisville so I've found it hard to get info on the specifics of Arizona's involvement.

Arizona's media day was supposed to be today but was indefinitely postponed. All Arizona has said so far is they are shocked and dissappointed and have fired the asst coach.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest... I feel really good about Cal and UK. Why? Because the NCAA and parties that be have been wanting to nail his ass to a tree for years so I would assume if UK had an ounce of involvement in something like this, they would have been the first program announced.

I actually think schools like Duke, UK, UNC, etc. are safe. Duke, UNC and UK can all sell National Titles, NBA alumni and prime time media coverage of their schools to recruits. We'll see, though.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is now reporting that Pitino is out as well. Was just a matter of time.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think schools like Duke, UK, UNC, etc. are safe. Duke, UNC and UK can all sell National Titles, NBA alumni and prime time media coverage of their schools to recruits. We'll see, though.

I wouldn't go that far with UNC... that little fraudelent college course thing hasn't completely gone away quite yet.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that I'm shocked at the events that have been revealed over the last 24 hours but at the same time, it is somewhat surreal to see all this going down with some big time programs and coaches.

Also, maybe it's just that I live in Nashville but I haven't really heard much about Zona, Miami and a couple of the other schools involved when compared to the attention Louisville is getting right now.

I don't think Miami is involved. I think at this moment it's USC, Arizona, Auburn and Louisville.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Pitino is officially out as well.

Louisville is falling apart. Wow!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking: Pitino yet again for being a fraud. Fuck Louisville. That's what happens when you hire Pitino. And I'm sure other coaches do the same, but just have not been caught YET.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Miami is involved. I think at this moment it's USC, Arizona, Auburn and Louisville.

They are the "Florida" school from the report according to all indications.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma State, Miami and South Carolina are involved as well.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State, Miami and South Carolina are involved as well.

Damn.

Well, I'll be hiding in the corner until Alabama and ASU are both cleared.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamont Evans is actually responsible for two schools being in trouble right now, South Carolina and Oklahoma State.

Frank Martin will probably need to answer some questions about Evans. Evans got his start in college coaching under Martin at K-State and followed Martin to South Carolina.

Of the seven schools that have been named, Oklahoma State might be in the "safest" position. With that said, I wouldn't want to be them right now.