• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously. When was the last time...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...we played a complete game? Now granted, I know we allowed mayfield to be sacked a couple times, and I know if it weren't for some awful throws Sanchez would've been burned for two touchdowns. But this is the closest we've come to a complete game in a long time.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still the AP poll gives them no respect.interested to see what the committee thinks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, after losing to Texas we'll have to prove ourselves, as we should. Just win and things will take care of themselves.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you have that confidence. I'm not so sure. To me losing a rivalry game on a neutral site should be a lot less damaging than losing at your own house. You know it doesn't matter what the records are when OU and Texas get together. That game last week was their national championship. Granted Stoops should have had them ready but what drives me crazy is how these SEC teams get a pass for playing a tight game or losing at home. For example there is no way A&M shouldn't have lost more ground in the polls. They were beaten on a neutral site against a bad Arkansas team before Arky choked it away and then they get the crap kicked out of them at home. Of course Bama gets a pass for their loss to Ole Miss even though they were at home too. These things will matter at the end of the season because the committee has proven they swallow the ESPin spew. Probably doesn't matter because with our O-line we are not a contender on the national stage. But what if it comes together like we hope and we are left out. I know this it doesn't matter what we do the next 3 weeks unless we shut everyone out an win by 50 we aren't gaining ground.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you have that confidence. I'm not so sure. To me losing a rivalry game on a neutral site should be a lot less damaging than losing at your own house. You know it doesn't matter what the records are when OU and Texas get together. That game last week was their national championship. Granted Stoops should have had them ready but what drives me crazy is how these SEC teams get a pass for playing a tight game or losing at home. For example there is no way A&M shouldn't have lost more ground in the polls. They were beaten on a neutral site against a bad Arkansas team before Arky choked it away and then they get the crap kicked out of them at home. Of course Bama gets a pass for their loss to Ole Miss even though they were at home too. These things will matter at the end of the season because the committee has proven they swallow the ESPin spew. Probably doesn't matter because with our O-line we are not a contender on the national stage. But what if it comes together like we hope and we are left out. I know this it doesn't matter what we do the next 3 weeks unless we shut everyone out an win by 50 we aren't gaining ground.

If we run the table, especially with our final 3 game slate, were in. Period.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we run the table, especially with our final 3 game slate, were in. Period.
Exactly.

Next 3:
TTU at home
@KU
Iowa State at home

There will be at least 5 or 6 teams above us that get an L in the next 3 weeks. If we're sniffing the top 10 when we go to Waco....there is potential there. It will be the premier game that week...Gameday will be there and I can only imagine it will be a late kickoff. Big time exposure for a big time opportunity.

I hope that by the time we get to Waco, we will have all aspects running on all cylinders. yesterday was good but I think we can be even better, especially with run blocking. Zeus is getting better every game and the other aspects of the run game are showing promise.

To have faced two of the most prolific offenses in CFB, we're still in the top 25 in the nation in total defense, and I like to think we've played better competition so far:
Okie Jr. is 29th
Baylor is 62nd
TCU is 73rd

Losing to texico sucks more ass than Finebaum, but it may have been exactly what this team needed to stay motivated...realizing that if they aren't in it to win it every game, every play, you might get bit.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think without a doubt if OU is able to pull off victories in the last three games they are going to be playoffs. OU is a big brand name that college football wants to see suceed especially the NCAA. With OU's traveling fan base, and brand name and alumni base they are an attractive team. I guarantee if TCU or Baylor had a loss they wouldn't be put ahead of one of the major conferences.

Like last year, I thought TCU was playing the best football by the end of the year and were a legit team to compete for the title, and actually I think they could have won it. But it looks like it became between TCU and Ohio State. On one had you have a small private school in Fort Worth with a limited alumni base, brand name and viewership. On the other hand you have Ohio State.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is not to have Baylor or TCU lose before they play us. That would be bad for the resume.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the schedule. Baylor has less of a chance to lose between now and then. Also noticed Baylor has a bye before they play us. Interesting how that happened. TCU gets WVU at home but then has to go on the road to play Okie St. TCU has been living dangerously all year and one of those teams could knock them off.