• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious Question: Do these teams have a real QB coming in Next Year?????

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck's QB is legit, but he wasn't their problem last year. That defense was beyond bad. Their offense really wasn't nearly as terrible as some might think.

Herbert is no Darnold, but he's the best QB they have had since Mariota and has all of the tools necessary to run their brand of football at a high level.

The problem is the ducks haven't finished filling in all of their staff yet, more or less do we know what changes they are bringing and how well he fits in their new direction. As well as the other pieces around them. Teams in transition are hard to evaluate this far out of even spring ball, more or less fall camp.
I think Oregon staff is pretty much done short of Special teams and maybe a few split area coaches. like if they were going to have a specific inside LB coach and outside LB coach or something like that

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon staff is pretty much done short of Special teams and maybe a few split area coaches. like if they were going to have a specific inside LB coach and outside LB coach or something like that
I see they filled out all but QB coach? Still, what is the offensive brand now with these two co offensive coordinators? One came from bama and the other came with Taggart. Who is calling the plays? Are they staying with the spread hurry up no huddle? Or shifting to an identity closer to home for those two?

The point was, Oregon has a lot of questions to answer before we know how competitive they may be, but having a QB isn't one of them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see they filled out all but QB coach? Still, what is the offensive brand now with these two co offensive coordinators? One came from bama and the other came with Taggart. Who is calling the plays? Are they staying with the spread hurry up no huddle? Or shifting to an identity closer to home for those two?

The point was, Oregon has a lot of questions to answer before we know how competitive they may be, but having a QB isn't one of them.
it was my understanding the one dude with OC as part title of passing game coordinator was also going to be QB coach.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for who is calling plays could very well be Taggart himself with each of those 2 calling down a specific run or pass depending on what he wants

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be Taggart does QB himself. It's what Bellotti did.
Overall it says there are still a lot of questions and no one can possibly accurately predict where this team will finish next year until we see how it all comes together. I won't even dare try to rank them in the North until at least the end of fall camp. Way too many unknowns.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall it says there are still a lot of questions and no one can possibly accurately predict where this team will finish next year until we see how it all comes together. I won't even dare try to rank them in the North until at least the end of fall camp. Way too many unknowns.
I say 3rd or 4th.
Cal is going to be rebuilding with a new coach new QB and new Def scheme.
Oregon State I know beat Oregon but Im still not sold on Anderson as a head coach. and I think Oregon has a slight better schedule.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buechele is solid. Did decent for a true frosh. Gilbert didn't let him stretch the field much and when he did, he would throw a nice pass. Hopefully, Herman doesn't hold him back the way the prior coaching staff did.