• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Series With Rays Begins Among Trade Rumors July 21 - 23

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had several occasions recently where I couldn't post, FWTW.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still leave us short with Chirinos on DL if he is not back in time
We have picked up back up catchers for next to nothing before. Or we could bring up Trevino as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will sweeten the pot. No sense in keeping him unless as I said before, Yu may have made a deal and not ready to announce it.IDK.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will sweeten the pot. No sense in keeping him unless as I said before, Yu may have made a deal and not ready to announce it.IDK.

Sake of argument, let's say that's true and JD is telling other clubs Yu is not available.

Surely that means either one of two things: there is a deal that's being finalized and they haven't announced it, or JD thinks they have a shot at re-signing him. I can't imagine JD would hold onto Darvish and let him walk.

EDIT: let me put it another way... if JD doesn't sign Darvish or trade him, I think he pretty much loses most of his reputation as GM.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sake of argument, let's say that's true and JD is telling other clubs Yu is not available.

Surely that means either one of two things: there is a deal that's being finalized and they haven't announced it, or JD thinks they have a shot at re-signing him. I can't imagine JD would hold onto Darvish and let him walk.

EDIT: let me put it another way... if JD doesn't sign Darvish or trade him, I think he pretty much loses most of his reputation as GM.

Or 3, he's telling teams that to build demand.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or 3, he's telling teams that to build demand.

I can't see a scenario where that would be the case, sensibly speaking. Everyone knows Darvish, they know it's his walk year, they know Kershaw is hurt, they know other teams are in the hunt, etc... JD doesn't need to manufacture interest at this point, and it's not like every other GM wouldn't immediately know that's what he's doing.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a scenario where that would be the case, sensibly speaking. Everyone knows Darvish, they know it's his walk year, they know Kershaw is hurt, they know other teams are in the hunt, etc... JD doesn't need to manufacture interest at this point, and it's not like every other GM wouldn't immediately know that's what he's doing.
My thinking is the Dodgers need Darvish if they have any chance without Kershaw and JD is playing that card.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do. Force a team to make an offer you can't refuse. If you put him on the block teams start haggling with you. Teams will keep calling even if you tell them he's not available and eventually will name a price. Make them name a price, not you. Saying he's unavailable is basically saying "you're not offering enough. Call me when you get serious."

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is the Dodgers need Darvish if they have any chance without Kershaw and JD is playing that card.

Yes I'm in total agreement. As much as it pains me to say it, but for the good of this franchise and it's future, I want Darvish to be a dodger. I think they have the best prospects and the biggest need / desire to get him. Doesn't mean it will happen. If the following occurs : we stand pat and go for the playoffs, don't make it, Darvish and Lucroy walk. Then we need to start kicking around the idea of finding a new GM. You'd think JD has something up his sleeve and he's not gonna let that happen right?