• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Selection committee experiment: Pick the four teams.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a test. I will provide the resumes, you pick the top 4 teams. The two situations below are REAL aka actually happened.

SOS = strength of schedule, according to colley matrix. Quality win = beat an AQ opponent (includes ND) with at least 8 wins, or a non-AQ opponent (includes Big East/AAC and BYU) with at least 10 wins and ranked according to Colley Matrix.

Situation #1: 4 conference champions, 2 wildcards.
Team A - undefeated, major conference champion, .603 SOS, and beat 5 quality opponents.
Team B - major conference champion, .646 SOS, beat 4 quality opponents, and lost to a 6-6 AQ team by 6 points on the road.
Team C - major conference champion, .554 SOS, beat 1 quality opponent, and lost to Team A by 13 points and a 10-2 AQ opponent by 3 points.
Team D - major conference champion, .504 SOS, beat 3 quality opponents, and lost to a 10-3 team and a 6-6 team by 6 points.
Team E - .563 SOS, beat 2 quality opponents, and only lost to Team A by 3 points at home.
Team F - .524 SOS, beat 2 quality opponents, and only lost to Team C by 23 points at home.
Additional Information: Team D and E had one common opponent, a 9-3 AQ team, and Team D produced a MOV 2.5 times larger than Team E. Team F beat the 10-2 AQ opponent Team C lost to.

Situation #2 - 5 conference champions and a wildcard.
Team A - undefeated, major conference champion, .579 SOS, and beat 6 quality opponents.
Team B - undefeated, major conference champion, .500 SOS, and beat 2 quality opponents.
Team C - undefeated, mid-major conference champion, .458 SOS, and beat 1 quality opponent.
Team D - major conference champion, .490 SOS, beat 1 quality opponent, and lost to an 11-1 AQ team by 10 points on the road.
Team E - major conference champion, .640 SOS, beat 3 quality opponents, and lost twice. Once against a 10-2 AQ team by 9 points, and another against a 9-3 AQ team by 14 points.
Team F - .530 SOS, beat 1 quality opponent, and only lost to Team B by 21 points.
Additional Information: Team B and Team F beat an 8-5 AQ opponent. It counted in my list, but just wanted you to know they had 5 losses.

Situation #3 - 5 conference champions and 2 wildcards.
Team A - major conference champion, .607 SOS, beat 4 quality opponents, and only lost to a 9-3 AQ opponent by 14 points on the road.
Team B - major conference champion, .499 SOS, beat 3 quality opponents, and went undefeated.
Team C - major conference champion, .632 SOS, beat 6 quality opponents, and lost twice. Once was against a 5-7 AQ team on the road by 6 points, and the other against a 9-4 AQ team by 3 points on the road.
Team D - major conference champion, .511 SOS, beat 4 quality opponents, and only lost to an 8-4 AQ team on the road by 4 points.
Team E - major conference champion, .508 SOS, beat 2 quality opponents, and lost to an 10-2 by 32 points on the road.
Team F - .527 SOS, beat 3 quality opponents, and only lost to Team A by 6 points on the road.
Team G - .522 SOS, beat 2 quality opponents, and only lost to Team D by 10 points on the road.
Additional Information: Team C and Team D share one common opponent, an 8-4 AQ team. Team C beat them by 7 points, Team D lost to them by 4 points.Team A and Team C played against a 6-6 AQ team. Team A beat the 6-6 team by 7 points at home, Team C beat them by 38 points on the road. Team F beat the 9-3 AQ opponent Team A lost to. It was a 21 point victory.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selection Committee that will be influenced by outside sources

Jeff Long - AD at Arkansas
Pat Haden - played at USC, AD at USC
Tom Osborne - coached at Nebraska, was AD at Nebraska
Dan Radakovich - AD at Clemson
Oliver Luck - AD at West Virginia, interviewed at Texas
Barry Alvarez - played at Nebraska under Tom Osborne, coached Wisconsin, AD at Wisconsin
Tyrone Willingham - coached Notre Dame, Washington, Stanford I bet he has some feelings about each one
Archie Manning - played at Mississippi
Mike Tranghese - ex Big East Commissioner(HUH?) I guess they wanted someone from the basketball conference
Michael Gould - Air Force
Tom Jernstedt,- Oregon
Condoleeza Rice - professor at Stanford southerners most upset she is on the committee, Likes the Cleveland Browns
Steve Weiberg - a sports writer lives in Missouri

For me, any team that is undefeated is in, they earned the right to be there. Twelve or thriteen weeks they went out and risked a loss, and did not lose, put them in. If you have two losses, I can't put you in.

Situation 1 Teams A, B, E, F
Situation 2 Teams A, B, C, D
Situation 3 Teams A, B, D, F

Hopefully, I read all the bios correctly since I won't be able to edit. Only caveat, if one of the teams I selected has two or more losses, they should NOT be on my list.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situation 1 - Team A, Team B,Team D, Team E

Situation 2 -Teams A B C & E

Situation 3 - Teams A B D & F

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, any team that is undefeated is in, they earned the right to be there. Twelve or thriteen weeks they went out and risked a loss, and did not lose, put them in. If you have two losses, I can't put you in.

Here's the problem with your mindset: Why play good OCC opponents period? If going undefeated is so important, why should you challenge yourself?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with your mindset: Why play good OCC opponents period? If going undefeated is so important, why should you challenge yourself?

I will also interpret your typed words, since you interpreted mine.

I want to add that none of your situations mentioned that, I was applying my logic to your particular "situations."

All the AQ conferences play other teams in their conferences. Which means that they are not playing all cupcakes. The NCAA has pretty much eliminated that now, by denying teams the ability to play an FCS team.

The stink that would be raised by the media and the public would pretty much deny the team that played only Memphis, North Carolina State, Purdue, Iowa State, Kansas, Temple, Idaho, Southern Miss, Miami of Ohio, Western Michigan, and Georgia State.. Don't you think?

Why would anyone want to participate in this thread now, if you just want to argue about it.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need the names and the amount I'm getting offered by each team in order to properly mimic the committee

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick whichever team is Alabama.