• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seeing what you’ve seen of Trubisky so far, where would you rank his value

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank Trubisky compared to these other players based on who you would rather have right now. Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariotta, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Deshaun Watson, and Jimmy Garopolo.

I got...

Wentz
Cousins
Trubisky
Goff
Carr
Mariotta
Watson
Dak
Jimmy G

What do you guys say? I only rank cousins so high because you know what he is and he can still grow into a drew brees type.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Goff is a borderline all-pro this year, and certainly a pro bowler. Carr was playing at nearly an MVP level last year, and is still putting together a very nice season this year. Despite a lingering back injury. Trubisky has 4 TD's 4 INT's and a 70 QB rating. I like him, but his grade is totally incomplete. How you can put him over Goff or Carr at this stage is hilarious. We have no idea what we have in the dude, and he has been wildly inconsistent to this point.

Also, Jimmy G at the bottom is a laugh. Let me guess, you're like the others who stupidly compare him to previously undrafted NE backups like Hoyer and 7th rounders like Cassel. lol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Goff is a borderline all-pro this year, and certainly a pro bowler. Carr was playing at nearly an MVP level last year, and is still putting together a very nice season this year. Despite a lingering back injury. Trubisky has 4 TD's 4 INT's and a 70 QB rating. I like him, but his grade is totally incomplete. How you can put him over Goff or Carr at this stage is hilarious. We have no idea what we have in the dude, and he has been wildly inconsistent to this point.

Also, Jimmy G at the bottom is a laugh. Let me guess, you're like the others who stupidly compare him to previously undrafted NE backups like Hoyer and 7th rounders like Cassel. lol
The fact that it’s so early makes this debate fun. If you’re not going to bother ranking where you’d take him because his “grade is totally incomplete”, don’t criticize my list. That’s called being a bitch.

Anyway, I see that list as the upcoming class of good QBs. One or two will probably separate themselves and become the next Brady/brees/Rodgers caliber QBs. Some will fizzle out. Carr and Goff will be good, but I got high hopes for Trubisky. When I watch him play, I see a good qb making smart decisions. After a few years, he’s going to be the real deal.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you even watching Goff this year? They will probably win the west and it seems it was the right move sitting him last year.

The only thing about Mariota is we would be a few years ahead of where we are now, but nobody can count on durability and broken bones.

I still stick to my comment that we have not seen Trubisky until we see his ability to change plays. This Cutler under Martz and no audibles just plain sucks. You see something, you use option B. There should always be two plays called for two defensive looks because we need to see if he is going to get tricked into audibling to the wrong play or make the right call.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I simply do not understand why every other rookie QB seems to get the keys to the offense and the ability to flourish and grow, while it seems like Trubisky has a ball and chain around his ankle and isn't being allowed to do anything...

And let me be straight, if he HAS been given the keys to the offense, and our offense is playing like this anyway, then I can already say with confidence that he is a bust. However, I don't believe he is being given the ability to succeed. I think he has what he needs to be a very good QB. He just needs to be released into the wild here.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those listed, with the objective of setting up my franchise for the next decade, as of right now, my list would be:

Wentz
Goff
Cousins
Watson
Carr
Mariota
Dak
Trubisky
Jimmy G

I think Trubs can move up to the top 3 as early as next year, but there's not enough at this point to say he's a definitive franchise leader.

I'd have Watson above Cousins and maybe even Goff if I knew for sure his knee injury didn't affect his career trajectory. Watson was a real and immediate difference maker when he was on the field.

I have injury and consistency concerns with Carr and Mariota.

Dak is a game manager. He's most often not going to make the big mistake to cost you a win, but he's also not going to be the guy to steal a win either. He needs a strong supporting cast to succeed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz
Goff
Cousins
Carr
Watson
Mariota
Winston
Dak
Jimmy G
Trubisky

An argument can be made to put Trubisky ahead of Jimmy G but that's about it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I simply do not understand why every other rookie QB seems to get the keys to the offense and the ability to flourish and grow, while it seems like Trubisky has a ball and chain around his ankle and isn't being allowed to do anything...

And let me be straight, if he HAS been given the keys to the offense, and our offense is playing like this anyway, then I can already say with confidence that he is a bust. However, I don't believe he is being given the ability to succeed. I think he has what he needs to be a very good QB. He just needs to be released into the wild here.

Ability to succeed is not just playcalling. We have by far and away the worst receiving corps in football. Our best receiver just started playing for us a couple of weeks ago, and he is a 3 at best.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson will not sustain the level of play he displayed this year, for a number of reasons. Injuries being near the top, but defenses will not be caught off guard either. I will not be shocked one bit, if you see Watson's play shrink and continue to shrink.

I still think he can be a good player, but just can't see it matching the success he had this year for a long career

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson will not sustain the level of play he displayed this year, for a number of reasons. Injuries being near the top, but defenses will not be caught off guard either. I will not be shocked one bit, if you see Watson's play shrink and continue to shrink.

I still think he can be a good player, but just can't see it matching the success he had this year for a long career

He won't be AS good, but he will still be good. It's the same reason why Dallas was so good last year and now they are shit. Defenses didn't really have a way to stop Dak and Zeke. One year later they have tape on them now and figured them out. Watson will still be a decent QB but the production he showed this year will not be the production he puts up going forward. He also needs better targets to throw to and not just DeAndre Hopkins.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No keys but no help either. Trubs can not light it up alone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank Trubisky compared to these other players based on who you would rather have right now.
I got...

Wentz
Cousins
Trubisky
Goff
Carr
Mariotta
Watson
Dak
Jimmy G

The key word is right now as in who would I want starting a game right now. Then Trubs would have to be near the bottom. But If you ask me where I see their ceilings then Trubs would be near the top of that list.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz
Goff
Cousins
Carr
Watson
Mariota
Winston
Dak
Jimmy G
Trubisky

An argument can be made to put Trubisky ahead of Jimmy G but that's about it.
Understandable. I got my head in the clouds. Trubs has it all though. If he puts it all together, I think he can top the list.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. I got my head in the clouds. Trubs has it all though. If he puts it all together, I think he can top the list.

I'm not saying he CAN'T be as good as Wentz or Goff but he's not there quite yet.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Bears keep hiring sub-par coaching Trubisky will not realize his potential.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz
Goff
Cousins
Watson
Carr