• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See ya gomez!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
gomez finally retired. kinda surprised how quickly his skills went away i mean the guy is only 36 years old! he still has wheels your telling me he couldn't land a 3rd? 4th line?

hes the poster child for too much success at such an early age in your career.

2 cups 3 finals in first 5 years of career?

i honestly believe that if he didn't have that success chances are he would've stayed a devil. instead he took the money and ran. shame too because the devils were a lot more competitive then the rangers at that point in his career

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read his players tribune piece and he flat out stated money was the driving force of his signing (not exactly Earth shattering news). Other players told him you make as much money as you possibly can and when the opportunity presented itself he took the largest contract he was offered.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez will be well remembered for his Cup contributions.....

the glory days are behind us... but the future is looking unreal ATM.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Read his players tribune piece and he flat out stated money was the driving force of his signing (not exactly Earth shattering news). Other players told him you make as much money as you possibly can and when the opportunity presented itself he took the largest contract he was offered.
You got a link to that I'd love to read it

I get the make money all you can. Let's be real though the guy was from Alaska is going to retire back there. 1 million dollars to us here is probably 6 million in Alaska

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gomez finally retired. kinda surprised how quickly his skills went away i mean the guy is only 36 years old! he still has wheels your telling me he couldn't land a 3rd? 4th line?

hes the poster child for too much success at such an early age in your career.

2 cups 3 finals in first 5 years of career?

i honestly believe that if he didn't have that success chances are he would've stayed a devil. instead he took the money and ran. shame too because the devils were a lot more competitive then the rangers at that point in his career
Its kind of ironic really. Didn't he say he was signing with the rangers to play in a more offensive system. So his skill set could be showcased basically? Seems to me he hasn't been the same player since leaving the devils. Which leads me to believe his success was a product of the Devils system at the time

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't he listen to his father's advice to play for the rangers? Like Parise listened to his at that time wife to be when he signed with the Wild.

I remember when he signed with NY. That probably pissed me off more than any other moment. At least when Kovy left, he went to Russia and I knew he would regret it.

The problem with the Rangers was that the fans thought they were getting a scorer in Gomez. Yea he can score but his number 1 asset was passing and number 2 was skating. He definitely had his best years in NJ.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is a good read thanks! Love how he mentions 4 teams came to him with offers but the Rangers were the best. Really Scott? That's one thing I don't get about these stars ey shaft the team they are drafted by developed by then bam out the door.

He mentions in the article the hall of fame coaches the Devils provided him with the advice newendyk gives him. What's he do with that? Bounces the first chance he gets and the same goes with Parise. What if these guys were drafted by Arizona or the panthers before they were good. Would they even have be able to get that structure and learning that even allowed them to get to that big pay day? Doubtful. Yeah it was a huge contract that he signed by the Rangers but honestly Gomez should still be playing and I bet without looking at the numbers in front of me that if he was still playing he would've made up the difference if he stayed with the Devils and not taken that big contract from the Rangers so really was it worth it? Zach was it worth it? Esp now with the cap his contract is all but keeping the wild from even being competitive I actually think the Devils have a better shot at the wild to win the cup first! No way the wild get through that central division even if they make the playoffs!

Always remember a story one of my brothers told me. It was late 90s and he's at some hockey function at msg and he runs into Jeremy roenick and gets his autograph on his Devils hat. He tells him if you want to win a cup you sign with the Devils this summer (he was a free agent). What's he do? Signs with the flyers for a big pay day lol. Some guys are all about the money I guess. Man it's like take the little hit win your cup. The Devils broduer Stevens neids in their prime! He could've won two cups probably 3 against the Avs if he signed with us.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good read thanks! Love how he mentions 4 teams came to him with offers but the Rangers were the best. Really Scott? That's one thing I don't get about these stars ey shaft the team they are drafted by developed by then bam out the door.

He mentions in the article the hall of fame coaches the Devils provided him with the advice newendyk gives him. What's he do with that? Bounces the first chance he gets and the same goes with Parise. What if these guys were drafted by Arizona or the panthers before they were good. Would they even have be able to get that structure and learning that even allowed them to get to that big pay day? Doubtful. Yeah it was a huge contract that he signed by the Rangers but honestly Gomez should still be playing and I bet without looking at the numbers in front of me that if he was still playing he would've made up the difference if he stayed with the Devils and not taken that big contract from the Rangers so really was it worth it? Zach was it worth it? Esp now with the cap his contract is all but keeping the wild from even being competitive I actually think the Devils have a better shot at the wild to win the cup first! No way the wild get through that central division even if they make the playoffs!

Always remember a story one of my brothers told me. It was late 90s and he's at some hockey function at msg and he runs into Jeremy roenick and gets his autograph on his Devils hat. He tells him if you want to win a cup you sign with the Devils this summer (he was a free agent). What's he do? Signs with the flyers for a big pay day lol. Some guys are all about the money I guess. Man it's like take the little hit win your cup. The Devils broduer Stevens neids in their prime! He could've won two cups probably 3 against the Avs if he signed with us.
It really kind of gives you a whole lotta respect for guys like Elias doesn't it? He snubbed the Rangers offer to stay with the Devils