• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that link, Dragon, although I'm kinda depressed about my quiz results :pout:

It's not an easy quiz in a world where it kind of seems like everyone is constantly telling you how awful things are. I was slightly too pessimistic on a couple of my answers as well.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an easy quiz in a world where it kind of seems like everyone is constantly telling you how awful things are. I was slightly too pessimistic on a couple of my answers as well.

That's exactly the mindset I went into the quiz with and I'm sure led to my poor score.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just below the mendoza line ... hit on question #1

/before i started to take it, i thought ... whats the angle here lol

that being said, I kinda felt the framing and order of the questions tended to make me answer in a more pessimistic light as I progressed through :noidea: when I answered 1 question negatively, the next one was just building on my confirmation bias

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the poor quiz scores don't surprise me, all of the zeroes do. How the hell did you guys miss the one asking about people in extreme poverty? Wasn't "cut in half" the only answer that was even a decrease?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the poor quiz scores don't surprise me, all of the zeroes do. How the hell did you guys miss the one asking about people in extreme poverty? Wasn't "cut in half" the only answer that was even a decrease?

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually went 1-8 but thought that 0-8 made my lame 40 time joke better.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does 5 out of 8 make me an idiot?

Not at all. I would bet that Dr. Rosling talks to highly intelligent people every day (some of them probably working in fields that directly relate to the questions) who still don't answer many of those questions correctly.

Like I said to dash, it feels like we're bombarded every day with viewpoints telling us that everything is terrible. And most people just don't get a chance to fact check (hell, it's tough to even know where/what to check sometimes) as much as they would in an ideal world.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I would bet that Dr. Rosling talks to highly intelligent people every day (some of them probably working in fields that directly relate to the questions) who still don't answer many of those questions correctly.

Like I said to dash, it feels like we're bombarded every day with viewpoints telling us that everything is terrible. And most people just don't get a chance to fact check (hell, it's tough to even know where/what to check sometimes) as much as they would in an ideal world.

I've always been a doubter, I don't generally believe much without understanding the entire picture. Read a civil war history book written in the north then the south, the truth usually is somewhere in-between. Interpretations of the real world, very very tough to grasp especially when too many "reports" are either heart string pulling or politically motivated.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Chachi can sing? Asking for a friend.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chris_christie12.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn it, if they had just one more anonymous quote from an unnamed person with no specific job/role/actual relationship to Trump listed for them then I would have totally been on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.