• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
I am sending in more:

IMAG2704-50-pound-bags-of-popcorn-on-palettes.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough, but a big first step. Kudos to Governor Rick Scott. From the Washington Post:

Florida Gov. Rick Scott said Friday he will work to raise the minimum age for purchasing weapons in his state to 21 years old, marking his first major break from the policy priorities of the National Rifle Association.

Scott announced the proposed gun restrictions nine days after a deadly mass shooting at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., as part of a broad package of legislative initiatives, including new school security measures and a program to deny guns from those deemed to pose a danger to the community.

“I’m an NRA member, a supporter of the Second amendment, and the First amendment, and the entire Bill of Rights for that matter. I’m also a father, and a grandfather, and a governor,” he said. “We all have a difficult task in front of us balancing our individual rights with our obvious need for public safety.”

The proposals he endorsed include a ban on the sale or purchase of so-called “bump stocks,” which can be used to make semiautomatic weapons shoot with the speed of fully automatic weapons. He proposed $50 million in additional funding for mental health initiatives and new funding for trained school security officers.

Balancing individual liberties and public needs. Omg, it almost sounds like... governance?

giphy.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article from the Post that the whole "crisis actors" bullshit comes from an old playbook. And it was used as a tool against civil rights advocates from the mid 19th century until the late 20th century.

We've seen this strategy constantly from conservatives in the past several years especially.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm supposed to condemn this and not at all find it funny, but....*insert Gottfried here*

d7cd4uxxwjeghq4kcg7y.png

My first thought:
A%2BFew%2BGood%2BMen12.png

"Who the fuck is Michael S Smith the second?"

So I googled him. According to his Wiki page, he is currently unemployed after this tweet, AND he apparently got into a monkey poo fight with the second biggest Nazi at Breitbart. That's the sum of his life to this point.

He is also sorry:

That you were offended.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching this presser with the Australian PM and the Orange Blotus - One is very well spoken and the other is just a garbled spew of diarrhea.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching this presser with the Australian PM and the Orange Blotus - One is very well spoken and the other is just a garbled spew of diarrhea.
I shared an Orange Blotus appetizer at Applebee's one time with a cow-worker.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, then I see the graphic below...Have a good weekend, everybody.

DWuCAxVW4AEEgvc.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, then I see the graphic below...Have a good weekend, everybody.

DWuCAxVW4AEEgvc.jpg

Who did they ask? ten unemployed guys in line for food stamps in West Virginia?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should arm every member of Congress, but only while they are in session deliberating/debating. I think the gun control issue would solve itself then.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad (RIP) was an elementary school principal for 35+ years and I know that if it was ever mandated that teachers would be armed at his school, he would resign immediately.

My dad was a teacher and guidance counselor in middle schools for about the same amount of time and would have felt the same way. He’s also a shooting enthusiast and shoots skeet at least once a week. He hasn’t been an NRA member for a long time because he isn’t stupid and has a soul.

Teachers are asked to be babysitters often enough as it is. Having to be security guards on top of that is ridiculous

Columbine and many of the schools involved in these incidents had armed security guards. These events are often over before people even have a grasp on what or where it is happening anyway.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
President Donald Trump is telling the nation’s governors that he would have run into the deadly Florida high school shooting “even if I didn’t have a weapon.”

The president is again finding fault with officers who didn’t stop the Florida gunman who carried out the massacre earlier this month. Trump says the deputies “weren’t exactly Medal of Honor winners.”

He tells 39 of the nation’s governors, “I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon.”

Trump is vowing to turn the nation’s “grief into action” following the mass school shooting that killed 17 people. Trump says that while “our nation is heartbroken,” the U.S. needs “to have action” on measures related to school safety and gun violence.

The Latest: Trump concludes governors meeting on shootings

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
President Donald Trump is telling the nation’s governors that he would have run into the deadly Florida high school shooting “even if I didn’t have a weapon.”

The president is again finding fault with officers who didn’t stop the Florida gunman who carried out the massacre earlier this month. Trump says the deputies “weren’t exactly Medal of Honor winners.”

He tells 39 of the nation’s governors, “I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon.”

Trump is vowing to turn the nation’s “grief into action” following the mass school shooting that killed 17 people. Trump says that while “our nation is heartbroken,” the U.S. needs “to have action” on measures related to school safety and gun violence.

The Latest: Trump concludes governors meeting on shootings

Ii think he meant to say he would have driven his golf cart in there, post-haste!!

And may God have mercy on us all if there were any stairs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.