• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooookaaaay. DC is better than ever with vastly reduced crime and improved government. Maryland continues to be one of the most progressive states in the country and consistently ranks in the top 10 states to live in. It's a pretty nice place to live.

Too many lawyers though. :spy:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant stop loling at this

Well, after all the things he's done he's gonna need a heaping helping of absolution.

I mean, if we can't insult seasoning, then the terrorists have won.

The terrorists already won when they created Old Bay seasoning.

I am not sure why people think this is funny, I was being serious.

That's the best part of living elsewhere. Easier on the knees because I can get away with running in a straight line. That zig zag shit hurts.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the best part of living elsewhere. Easier on the knees because I can get away with running in a straight line. That zig zag shit hurts.
Where did this thought come from? Blast from my distance past.

91fe5fYGofL._SL1500_.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did this thought come from? Blast from my distance past.

91fe5fYGofL._SL1500_.jpg

I liked Trouble! as a kid (the game, although I got into plenty of it as a kid). They had a catchy song as well.

If you're got trouble, wait don't run
This kind of trouble is lots of fun
Pop-O-Matic pops the dice
Pop a six and you move twice
Race your men around the track
And try to send the others back
Trouble is fun for Dad and Mother
And sis can trouble her mean old brother.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c4i41df0d3g01.jpg

What is this, I don't even.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up whenever I say "I lived there, I didn't like it" and someone who still lives there starts rattling off stats and outlining a resume like "It was Fortune Magazines third best place in the Mid Atlatic to have dogs!". And then they immediately pivot to putting down whatever place anyone else says is cool. "YEAH? WELL DOES SWEDEN HAVE A DOMINOS SUGAR SIGN AND CIVIL WAR HISTORY? CHECKMATE!" Inferiority complex much?

I hated it there, it's my opinion. You like it there. It's your opinion. Each of us is only right for ourselves, counselor.

Extra funny that this all started because I insulted a seasoning.

Is it funny to you? Here's the reason: You frequently insult other people's jobs/places/etc. without explanation or often without provocation. That last one is key.

That's the difference between you and I, 43. I'll defend things when people insult them ("I'm ashamed of what it has become" nice vague, insulting statement there) and maybe I do get to sensitive about it. I'm a man and can admit my faults. But you do it without invitation or over what was just friendly banter and nothing is ever your fault. Very passive aggressive there, boy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing bits - reported!

Happy Valentines Day, 43.

Right back at ya. :thumb:

And if you are truly interested in what it is about the area that I dislike so much, I would be happy to have that discussion. It isn't even close to the place I grew up. And that makes me sad. Not just because of the crab chips.

Columbus ain't perfect either, but IMO it's light years better.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ripping places is fine. For example, Buffalo is a shit hole, perhaps the king of the shit holes. I invite any out of towner to go there and disagree. You won't, because it becomes obvious very quickly upon entering either via land or air that it is a hole of shit.

But Buffalo people are free to defend it and explain why they like it so much and while I'll still call it a shit hole, and be right, I will understand that others (wrongly) see it as a better place than the shit hole it is.

Personally, living in maybe the most hated city on earth, I don't think very much of Toronto other than the fact it's clean, safe, prosperous and California Sandwiches is here (they named it California Sandwiches because the only way to make it sound as good as it tastes was to name it after a place far away from here). But it's home and it's fine and there's little I can do about anything else and at least it's not Buffalo, which is dirty, violent, economically depressed and doesn't have California Sandwiches (beef on weck is trash).

My advice is that as long as you're happy where you are you are in the best place in the world. Unless you live in Buffalo. Sorry.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyplace that has normal plumbing or port a johns should be called a shit hole. A true shit hole would be a locale that uses holes in the ground you squat and shit into.

/like Buffalo I'm assuming?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ripping places is fine. For example, Buffalo is a shit hole, perhaps the king of the shit holes. I invite any out of towner to go there and disagree. You won't, because it becomes obvious very quickly upon entering either via land or air that it is a hole of shit.

But Buffalo people are free to defend it and explain why they like it so much and while I'll still call it a shit hole, and be right, I will understand that others (wrongly) see it as a better place than the shit hole it is.

Personally, living in maybe the most hated city on earth, I don't think very much of Toronto other than the fact it's clean, safe, prosperous and California Sandwiches is here (they named it California Sandwiches because the only way to make it sound as good as it tastes was to name it after a place far away from here).

My advice is that as long as you're happy where you are you are in the best place in the world. Unless you live in Buffalo. Sorry.

Buffalo and Baltimore are the same, but Buffalo has better food and scenery.

boo yah

And I didn't know BBB Lived in Jacksonville, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.