• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love responding back to those people with "Happy Holidays". Then they complain and call me a whiner because I could not accept the loss. :L

Yes, the same people who griped about Kenya, Muslims and a birth certificate for 8 years. Who are now saying that at all costs the president should be respected. Them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Fucking Guinness.

I was having issues with my battery on my phone and Charging very slowly. I was swearing it was the temperature of the room. My Dad thought i was full of shit

Came home with 29%. Plugged it in and turned my thermostat to 20 degrees. Checked it about a hour later 80%

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a number of people on facebook saying "Merry Christmas" in all caps as if someone is preparing to kill them for saying it. .

I wish my life was so free of strife that simply extending a greeting was an act of courage.
While I'm not putting on a war helmet and going mad for the "War on Christmas", seeing the majority of companies and public installations go with the "Happy Holidays" stuff does kinda irritate me. If the corporate world is going to monetise one of the most holy of holidays there is to the large majority of people in both the US and Canada (yes, we are both still majority Christian countries even if we're all basically heathens at this point), use the name of the fucking holiday you're making money off of.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not putting on a war helmet and going mad for the "War on Christmas", seeing the majority of companies and public installations go with the "Happy Holidays" stuff does kinda irritate me. If the corporate world is going to monetise one of the most holy of holidays there is to the large majority of people in both the US and Canada (yes, we are both still majority Christian countries even if we're all basically heathens at this point), use the name of the fucking holiday you're making money off of.

They are making money off a number of Holidays all occuring around this time, and using one greeting means you don't have t print a number of different ads or cups or bags to cater to each group. Econ 101.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are making money off a number of Holidays all occuring around this time, and using one greeting means you don't have t print a number of different ads or cups or bags to cater to each group. Econ 101.
Unless Eid falls in December it's Xmas and Hanukkah and unless I'm mistaken Hanukkah isn't exactly a gift-giving holiday (not to mention the Jewish population of the United States and Canada make up less than 2% of the population).

It's Christmas. The trees, lights, markets etc. are all there for Christmas. I'm unreligious bordering on agnosticism but in a day and age where backlash against "cultural appropriation" is all the rage it seems ludicrous that we're supposed to be fine with not only the appropriation of an important day to many but generalising it to the point where it is almost frowned upon to use it's real name.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Fucking Guinness.
So is she...
Daphne.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a version of the terrible sexual assault song song "Baby It's Cold Outside" that really upped the terribleness of the song. It was Rod Stewart and Dolly Parton. By the time it was over I had doused myself with gasoline and was preparing to set myself afire.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a version of the terrible sexual assault song song "Baby It's Cold Outside" that really upped the terribleness of the song. It was Rod Stewart and Dolly Parton. By the time it was over I had doused myself with gasoline and was preparing to set myself afire.
Good way to stay warm while it's cold outside.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good way to stay warm while it's cold outside.
Or to welcome the sweet release of death during that song. I do not know when it was recorded but the two of them at that state in their careers sounded like the two old men from the balcony in The Muppets singing a flirty rapey song to each other.

Now I smell like gasoline all day though. Downside.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or to welcome the sweet release of death during that song. I do not know when it was recorded but the two of them at that state in their careers sounded like the two old men from the balcony in The Muppets singing a flirty rapey song to each other.

Now I smell like gasoline all day though. Downside.

Oh thank goodness.

I thought he was saying that the assault was a good way to stay warm. I hate my brain sometimes.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing running around with two 1 year old girls (my niece and her best friend) and the older one (my niece)is a trouble maker and she is bored....

Someone needs to pay me!!!!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing running around with two 1 year old girls (my niece and her best friend) and the older one (my niece)is a trouble maker and she is bored....

Someone needs to pay me!!!!!

Have a Guinness, it'll make you feel better.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Guinness factory in Dublin last month and I had the worst tasting Guinness of my life at the place. All the local pubs had excellent specimens except for the storehouse itself. Weird.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2017 has been announced. This year's inductees are Joan Baez, Electric Light Orchestra, Journey, Pearl Jam, Tupac Shakur and Yes.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comeds has to be upset 'The Cars" didn't get in, but methinks they'll get in eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.