• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I'm glad I don't have to do the calling my representatives thing thanks to McCain's conscience.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about McCain, and he keeps going back and forth between making me like him and making me wish he'd retire.

I don't have to do the calling my (one) senator thing, because it doesn't fucking matter. He is voting for it and is a total whore about it. And he won't interact with constituents in any way since this started.

He started noise saying that he wouldn't vote for round one because it didn't do enough to curb opiate overdoses (A major problem in NE Ohio). Once it became clear it wasn't going to go, he went ahead and voted yes. And then said the next bill had to address Opiates. It did, so he voted for it. Without reading it. the provision was put in pretty much specifically because he wanted it.

Now this new one took the Opiate thing out again. And he is taking a stand by saying yes he will vote for it no matter what. Fuckface.

As for McCain, I will definitely like him more when he is retired. And I have been conflicted myself the same way. But eventually I came around to that old Chris Rock routine where is talking about people bragging about taking care of their kids. "What do you want, a COOKIE? THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!"

McCain is supposed to stand up for things his constituents hate, not blindly follow the party.

So, in summary, fuck John McCain.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will show my appreciation for McCain every time he pisses off Trump. It's becoming a frequent event.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world is coming to an end. When the following occurs:

1. You applaud John McCain for his actions.
2. A fan of what LeBron James says.

EDIT:
Statement From NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month. Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.

And agree with the Commissioner of the NFL.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
nice. shitstain potus pissed off at basketball and football on the same day
up next....

DKc8S7xVoAA4vDZ.jpg

/uh oh, it's a white guy

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch sports to escape politics. Trump just put the fire out with gasoline. Now it will become an anti-Trump thing and I'll have to mute sports moving forward.

In general I hate when sports and politics meet. Like steroids in baseball going to supreme Court or Tom Brady's appeals. Don't we have more pressing issues? Can these two worlds not collide? Please?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/uh oh, it's a white guy

I think Bruce Maxwell is African American. Also he was born on a military base in Germany when his father was stationed there. Per reports, before people call him un-american and doesn't respect this county they do realize he has admiration for the US Military (example... his own father).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch sports to escape politics. Trump just put the fire out with gasoline. Now it will become an anti-Trump thing and I'll have to mute sports moving forward.

In general I hate when sports and politics meet. Like steroids in baseball going to supreme Court or Tom Brady's appeals. Don't we have more pressing issues? Can these two worlds not collide? Please?

When he calls protesting football players exercising their free speech sons of bitches while sayings nazis have some good people, this stuff happens :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the Penguins to visit the White House and for #45 to look at #87 and say, "And you are?"

Status
Not open for further replies.