• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC OOC schedule

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know about this fan vs shirts bull. If he wants to live his life by that code, more power to him. It's funny he calls me out on this but he still relayed information about his hobby and family. Guess he wasn't all too mad, but chooses to be mad now. He is a funny dude. I see a lot of similarities between him and Poppy. Could they be related?

What code are you talking about? And I didn't call you out, you are the one who brought it up.

I have no problem telling people why I am a fan of Alabama. In fact, I think it's a pretty cool story to which most people can relate. But the only time I've ever heard anyone care about such a thing - especially when in the middle of a debate not even related to a question is because of someone trying to be an elitist asshole.

I'm not ashamed of why I'm an Alabama fan.

No - I questioned whether you ever attended 'Bama or if you were a fan. For some reason you were offended by the inquiry. Not sure where you saw SEC bashing in this thread. When you showed your true colors, after pretending not to be an ass, then it was you who got bashed.

What are you going to change your story to next time?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know about this fan vs shirts bull. If he wants to live his life by that code, more power to him. It's funny he calls me out on this but he still relayed information about his hobby and family. Guess he wasn't all too mad, but chooses to be mad now. He is a funny dude. I see a lot of similarities between him and Poppy. Could they be related?

Like I said, 4down has spent alot of time on message boards so he has mastered the art of argument on these kind of sites. He goes straw man and accuses you of various tactics. Keeps the edge going for him.

I am sure he has been called out on the way he became a Bamer many a time...hence why he is so defensive about it. King used to give a bunch of Texas fans the t-shirt play. Funny how sensitiive those types are about it.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was indeed a lame attempt to belittle the SECs OOC schedule, and when post # 11 pointed out how weak the B12 teams OOC is DC came with # 14 trying to back out of his original statement. :lol:

At least one of you gets it :lol:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could you please explain to me the point of this thread......I'm a little slow.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, 4down has spent alot of time on message boards so he has mastered the art of argument on these kind of sites. He goes straw man and accuses you of various tactics. Keeps the edge going for him.

I am sure he has been called out on the way he became a Bamer many a time...hence why he is so defensive about it. King used to give a bunch of Texas fans the t-shirt play. Funny how sensitiive those types are about it.

Exactly what is there to call out me out for when it comes to being an Alabama fan?

While someone trying to be an elitist asshole may bring out that insult, it's generally an insult that only makes the person using it look bad.

It could have been any insult, the specifics weren't anything special.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You talking about me? :lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey mad, why not let DC fill us in on what he meant? As ussual you and BB just get combative about anything someone says. Anyone who can read can see what the thread is about, yet you two try and claim it meant something else, the quartet is just hilarious.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what is there to call out me out for when it comes to being an Alabama fan?

While someone trying to be an elitist asshole may bring out that insult, it's generally an insult that only makes the person using it look bad.

It could have been any insult, the specifics weren't anything special.

WVU has its fair share of fans who never attended WVU. Mad would have no reason to try to insult you for not being a Bamer grad.

You were way off this time… simply resorting to a tactic you've used against other posters on other boards… on other sites… to attack mad.

IMO, the only elitist poster we have participating on this thread is you… the expert on rankings.

Hey… I was a voter on The Best Damn Poll in the Land for several years. Bet you didn't know that…

We be like experts… me and you… and shit…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by WVUDAD View Post
It was indeed a lame attempt to belittle the SECs OOC schedule, and when post # 11 pointed out how weak the B12 teams OOC is DC came with # 14 trying to back out of his original statement.

At least one of you gets it :lol:

TCG,

Sorry, but it looks like you are the one who doesn't get it.

Looking at this fall's OOC schedule, there is only 1 SEC school who has scheduled two P5 opponents. USCe.

There are two schools, Vandy and Ole Miss who did not schedule a single P5 school OOC. I forget how many schools are in the SEC today, but it leaves more SEC schools playing the same amount of P5 schools as the Big 12 plays IC.

As I posted earlier, any SEC fan can look at WVU's OOC schedule and attempt to attack it. Bottom line… WVU will play 10 P5 schools this year. Only one SEC school can make the same claim.

When the CFP committee is to evaluate and reward SOS… how will this admission by the majority of SEC schools be treated?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god for that CCG.....:L

Actually this was my original post....says nothing about the SEC as a whole or even one team in particular. My only real point was don't tell me how OOC scheduling is so important to the process if you are really going to count one week of games at the end of the season.

So no jackass I did not back away from my original point at all.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By profession I am a programmer. The topic in this case was a hobby. I also write ranking formulas for programs related to real estate and cars. What you do in all these cases is study what matters and what doesn't and then apply that logic(not opinion) with an algorithm.

So, it's a hobby in the same way an autobody expert might restore an old car for themselves to drive.

Where such rankings come up short is not a matter of opinion, but the inability to take some factors into account. Teams that improve over the year, teams that go down due to injury, etc.

And it was good enough to predict the winners of game 75% of the time with the exception of 1 week(bowl season of 2013 was the only sub 50% picks I ever had, which was a year of many many upsets).

You think a troll is anyone who disagrees with you and that says a good bit in itself.

Not so sure why you continually respond to me since I insulted you, according to your forum posting etiquette, but wouldn't the information and stats be available somewhere in cyberspace? To continue playing the devil's advocate, if you had a system that was 75% successful, why couldn't you use something to account for injuries and teams with stock going up/down? Is it possible that you were throwing out some of the wrong things that 'matter'?

As I've explained before, I could care less who disagrees or believes me. I don't see much value in lying on these boards nor believe in little 'victories' as you truly feel is a must in your world. When people do not believe you, you get all bent out of shape and start the insults.

I'm familiar with trolls from other websites that most of us on this board have been. If you believe I'm a troll, I'm fine with that. Not sure why I would troll my own site, but whatever. Maybe if you approached this group in a different manner, somebody may have found your hobby interesting. I wouldn't, but somebody may.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What code are you talking about? And I didn't call you out, you are the one who brought it up.

I have no problem telling people why I am a fan of Alabama. In fact, I think it's a pretty cool story to which most people can relate. But the only time I've ever heard anyone care about such a thing - especially when in the middle of a debate not even related to a question is because of someone trying to be an elitist asshole.

I'm not ashamed of why I'm an Alabama fan.

What are you going to change your story to next time?

It is a good touching story. Maybe someday they will make a movie of it so others can enjoy it. Well, if you feel I'm an Elitist asshole, then I must be one.

Didn't realize we were debating, but since you said we were, then it must be true.

Why do you have to reinterate that you are not ashamed that you are a 'Bama fan? Almost like somebody saying over and over that his dong is long to compens ate for the little member in their pants. Hope you didn't find that offensive, but felt I should use a comparative example like the one you used for your hobby.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you please explain to me the point of this thread......I'm a little slow.

I'm sorry about your disability but even if I simplified this thread, you may not get....but thank you for engaging. If I have to explain the post, then I know it would be a waste of time explaining much of anything to you.

Just so you know, I don't think anybody is going to confuse you and kingbd. Kingbd doesn't need a simple post explained to him.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey mad, why not let DC fill us in on what he meant? As ussual you and BB just get combative about anything someone says. Anyone who can read can see what the thread is about, yet you two try and claim it meant something else, the quartet is just hilarious.

Oh, here is the voice of reason. Weren't you the one who tells us that a sport's board is a place for people to post their opinions on the subject matter? Then you usually follow that up with a 'you need to STFU' emoji. So here I am expressing my opinion and then some SEC fans come over and interpret another way. What makes their opinions any more legitimate than mine or BB? Why would you believe DC? After all he is part of the quartet.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this was my original post....says nothing about the SEC as a whole or even one team in particular. My only real point was don't tell me how OOC scheduling is so important to the process if you are really going to count one week of games at the end of the season.

So no jackass I did not back away from my original point at all.

LIAR!!! :pound:

Might as well hear from me than somebody else. :lol:

This is a great thread. I've learned so much and was trying to figure out how to get my post counts up then.....BAM. This thread is sent to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have done this thread with just about any conf, man am I sorry I picked the SEC lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have picked the ACC... we haven't beaten them up in awhile...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have done this thread with just about any conf, man am I sorry I picked the SEC lol

Awwww.....they're just sensitive right now. The SEC has the scheduling model, it is just up to the rest of college football to mimic it....or the Committee to force everybody to play a certain number of P5 OOC or for everybody to have a CCG. That bye week or gimme game towards the end of the season seems to position their teams in favorable position coming down the stretch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule is just about the same as when we were in the Big 12.

1 Super Soft Cupcake
1 Semi competent Cupcake
1 Low Power Conference Team
1 Decent Game 2 hours away (BYU now....used to be Illinois is STL)

IIRC, we got our soft scheduling model from Kansas St.