• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC could be out for a rough start

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1
LSU vs. Miami

Auburn vs. Washington

Alabama vs. Louisville

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Tennessee vs. West Virginia

Week 2

Clemson at Texas A&M

Arkansas at Colorado State

Miss State at Kansas State

Week 3 or later

Vandy at Notre Dame

Missouri at Purdue

Winners in bold. Some of these are complete toss ups though

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about the SEC, but we all agree we are Auburn fans week 1 right?

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little worried about the Colorado State game but heard Phil Steele recently say they will be one of the most inexperienced teams in the country this year. Think we pull away in the second half similar to the New Mexico State game last year.

North Texas the next week may be a tricky one too. They won 9 games last year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little worried about the Colorado State game but heard Phil Steele recently say they will be one of the most inexperienced teams in the country this year. Think we pull away in the second half similar to the New Mexico State game last year.

North Texas the next week may be a tricky one too. They won 9 games last year.
Piggies win 'em both.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1

LSU vs. Miami

Auburn vs. Washington

Alabama vs. Louisville

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Week 2

Clemson at Texas A&M

Week 3 or later

Vandy at Notre Dame

Missouri at Purdue

All of these games minus the Alabama/Louisville game are lose-able to the SEC and many of the SEC teams will be underdogs. What is everyone's thoughts on these match ups?

Some real good matchups and the OP might be correct.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners in Bold:

Week 1
LSU vs. Miami

Auburn vs. Washington

Alabama vs. Louisville

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Week 2

Clemson at Texas A&M

Week 3 or later

Vandy at Notre Dame

Missouri at Purdue

1-9

Goddam football Einstein

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1

LSU vs. Miami

Auburn vs. Washington

Alabama vs. Louisville

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Week 2

Clemson at Texas A&M

Week 3 or later

Vandy at Notre Dame

Missouri at Purdue

All of these games minus the Alabama/Louisville game are lose-able to the SEC and many of the SEC teams will be underdogs. What is everyone's thoughts on these match ups?

Bolded my picks

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1

LSU vs. Miami

Auburn vs. Washington

Alabama vs. Louisville

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Week 2

Clemson at Texas A&M

Week 3 or later

Vandy at Notre Dame

Missouri at Purdue

:first:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the comments about Washington have me thinking Auburn should win. Still Auburn is one of those teams that isn't strong OOC.
Easy before the season starts to find an angle for pretty much anyone, but basing that just off one persons idea that UW was bad away from home last year is a bit hollow IMO.

Let's not forget how solid and disciplined Petersen's teams have been historically in big time week 1 games. Several times going in well below their opponent in talent level, or at least star rating value.

The case for UW: They will have one of the top secondary units in college football. They should be able to limit big explosive passing plays at the very least. Browning is the only 4th year starting QB in program history and they have tremendous experience on the line. They do have crazy talented rushers. Now they have a first year OC play caller that is changing up the offense which means there isn't any film on what their bread and butter plays are going to be. None. It has quite a bit of different focus from last year from what we saw in spring, as vanilla as that was.

The concerns: SEC size/speed on the lines. UW has talent and experience on both lines, but we won't know how it matches up until we see it. This means I'm more concerned about their rushing game than passing given the strengths of UW's defense and the question marks. Although obviously they have to get a pass rush in to really destroy that passing attack.

They are lacking that big time experienced possession receiver and will be breaking in new returners.

On paper this sets up to be two great defenses against two dangerous offenses and I'd shade on the side that both defenses will be farther along that early than either offense. I'd expect quite a few punts both ways.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolded my picks
Nope. Ole Piss and the Pig aggies win.

Believe it or not, Coach GQ very well may be lacking in the QB department. Rams are down...pig aggies get a new guy in town bump with Morri....that hasn't worn off by then.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Ole Piss and the Pig aggies win.

Believe it or not, Coach GQ very well may be lacking in the QB department. Rams are down...pig aggies get a new guy in town bump with Morri....that hasn't worn off by then.

Totally guessing, I haven't done a single bit of college football research this off season. I don't watch all those college shows or any of that stuff.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally guessing, I haven't done a single bit of college football research this off season. I don't watch all those college shows or any of that stuff.
Well hell...you letting work and shit get in the way? We'll give you 3 weeks to get in shape for the season!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell...you letting work and shit get in the way? We'll give you 3 weeks to get in shape for the season!

I haven't watched those shows in years really. They are all full of shit anyway, they say the same shit about people year after year and they don't really know. Oh he's so great, they are so great, he's the next This player, or the next that player, blah blah blah. It's 90% fluff content and I got better shit to do. Most of the players you never even hear from again.

They were cool when they were newer, and I miss the shit outta college football final, but mostly I just watch the events anymore.

I get any real news here and Alabama news from Alabama sites.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those games appear to be toss-ups, with the exceptions of Bama-vs-Louisville & West Virginia-Tennessee. I wouldn't count the Vols out, but they will be decided underdogs.

After a bit of studying, I will give my predictions.