• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Coaching Hot Seats and Dino Babers

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri actually tried running an offense similar to Babers, and while it fixed their scoring against some opponents, they have otherwise collapsed, I think they might avoid that offense

Tough to tell if Babers goes elsewhere, some of the bigger programs might be scared off by the fact that he hasn't been at a job for longer than 2 years

It's great what he is doing at Syracuse, I want to see him stick around there for a while

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not going to beat Alabama regularly with a flashy offense. Cam Newtons and Deshawn Watsons only come around ever so often.

No one has dared to take on Saban at his strong point. Saban wins in the trenches. If you want to beat Alabama, find a way to beat Saban at his own game. Beat them at the line.

i don't even know how you could watch an Alabama game over the last 10 years and actually believe anything in that post

if you think going big boy heavy and running it down Saban's defense's throat is a good offensive strategy when playing them then Tennessee should just keep Butch Jones. Hell you guys obviously won't know the difference if you win or lose anyways.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me up until this point. I could see him turning down Arkansas and maybe Tennessee, but if a big dog like LSU knocked on his door, he's heading south.

Absolutely, who wouldn't. It's why I made this thread.

But I don't think the LSU job will be vacant. Oregon seems to have LSU back on track for the moment. That statement of mine was with respect to current SEC teams that are having shit seasons right now. I'm thinking at least 3 of the teams in my op will replace their current head coach.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Ole Miss

They make the most sense as far as transition, that style gives Bama the most problems and beating Saban is job 1 in the west.
Recruiting in the southeast in the SEC even at a crippled program is easier than at the Cuse and it would be a big time PR move by the, Rebels, so...

Ima go Ole Miss.

IDK man. I just don't see Babers taking this job.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Ole Miss

They make the most sense as far as transition, that style gives Bama the most problems and beating Saban is job 1 in the west.
Recruiting in the southeast in the SEC even at a crippled program is easier than at the Cuse and it would be a big time PR move by the, Rebels, so...

Ima go Ole Miss.
No it is not

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually a fan Babers and think kids love playing for him. But stuff like this amazes me. He's 8-11 at Syracuse! That is EIGHT AND ELEVEN! I'll give you that is much better than Syracuse has been recently but it is still 8-11 and this year isn't even over with yet. (Granted he did do well at Eastern Illinois and Bowling Green.)

IIRC, Babers went to Baylor as Briles' receivers coach when Briles got the job there. You can see some of Briles' type influence that offense...mainly in his wide receievers and QBs. The Syracuse QB reminds me of Bryce Petty throwing the ball but runs a hell of a lot better than Petty ever did.

Spot on. These coaches that have losing records at weak programs and get hired by major P5 programs tend to fail often. I get it, it's tough to win at schools like Buffalo, Temple, SDSU, etc. Turner Gil, Al Golden, Brady Hoke, etc. Guarantee Mark Stoops will be the next coach to start receiving hype b/c Kentucky is 5-1 right now, even though their wins were against Southern Miss, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, SCAR and MIZZOU. Oh, and his overall record at UK is 24-31. Not sure why he would want to leave UK if a bigger program came along b/c I think he's getting paid $3.5M a year and there are zero expectations in Lexington. They only care about basketball.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already has. SU's better than that old hole.

Never been to Syracuse, but Oxford is actually a really nice town. By far the nicest town in Mississippi or any surrounding state other than Tennessee(Bristol is God's country).

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to Syracuse, but Oxford is actually a really nice town. By far the nicest town in Mississippi or any surrounding state other than Tennessee(Bristol is God's country).

We're talking football. But the Chamber thanks you.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking football. But the Chamber thanks you.

Then Ole Miss is definitely a better destination than Syracuse. Don't think it's good enough for Babers to leave so soon, but it's easier to win at Ole Miss than it is at Syracuse. There is talent in Mississippi, and Oxford is basically south Memphis.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All sec coaches on a hot seat scare me because of the money they have to offer and how tight with the purse strings SU is.

But of that list above, only the UF job seems better to me than the SU job. UT, Miz and Arkansas are not great destinations. But UF is part of that Florida triangle from hell and the Gator fans would love em some Babers.
please.. Scott Frost would get the nod over babers.. js