• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Basketball Thread

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the thread title and font size better...has more "POP" than the other CBB thread has, besides OD is a "legend" on the hoops board, never know what that boy will do at any given time...especially IF his thread is on top of the main screen.

GOBEARZ!

Ill keep the font size in mind when making next seasons PAC12 BASKETBALL THREAD

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was the preseason All-SEC team as selected by the SEC head coaches

Kentucky
First Team All-SEC F Julius Randle – 6-9, 250, Fr.
Second Team All-SEC F Willie Cauley-Stein – 7-0, 244, So.
Second Team All-SEC F Alex Poythress – 6-8, 239, So.
Second Team All-SEC G Andrew Harrison – 6-6, 215, Fr.
Second Team All-SEC G James Young – 6-6, 215, Fr.

Tennessee
First Team All-SEC G Jordan McRae – 6-6, 185, Sr.
First Team All-SEC F Jarnell Stokes – 6-8, 260, Jr.
Second Team All-SEC F Jeronne Maymon – 6-8, 260, Sr.

Florida
First Team All-SEC C Patric Young – 6-9, 240, Sr.
Second Team All-SEC G Scottie Wilbekin – 6-2, 176, Sr.

Missouri
First Team All-SEC G Jabari Brown – 6-5, 214, Jr.
Second Team All-SEC G Earnest Ross – 6-5, 228, Sr.

LSU
First Team All-SEC F Johnny O’Bryant III – 6-9, 256 , Jr.
Second Team All-SEC G Anthony Hickey – 5-11, 182, Jr.

Ole Miss
First Team All-SEC G Marshall Henderson – 6-2, 177, Sr.

Bama
First Team All-SEC G Trevor Releford – G, 6-0, 190, Sr.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn lsu is choking on the road.....

not good for LSU's resume, but not that surprising. LSU is now 2-4 on the road and Georgia 10-2 at home (4-1 vs SEC). LSU is nowhere near being in the same class as a Florida or Kentucky, but not many teams are

this was Georgia's big 5 vs LSU:

RS Junior F Marcus Thornton -- vs LSU: 15 pts, 10 rbs
-#121 on the Rivals150
-Parade All-American
-Mr. Georgia Basketball
-offers to Kentucky, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Bama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, etc

junior F Nemanja Djurisic -- vs LSU: 17 pts 6 rbs, 2 stls, 2 asts, 1 blk
--offers to Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Utah, NC State, Georgia

soph G Charles Mann -- vs LSU: 16 pts, 4 asts, 3 rbs
--2013 Freshman All-SEC
--offers to UConn, Georgia, Auburn, South Carolina, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia Tech, Nevada, etc

soph F Brandon Morris -- vs LSU: 11 pts, 3 rbs
-offers to Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, Missouri, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Clemson, NC State, Kansas State, Memphis, Nevada, etc

soph G Kenny Gaines -- vs LSU: 9 pts, 3 rbs
-#127 on the Rivals150
-Parade All-American
-offers to Georgia, Arkansas, Auburn, South Carolina, Iowa, Iowa State, Marquette, Florida State, Clemson, Miami, Georgia Tech, Colorado, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, etc

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s College Basketball Power Index, a Jay Bilas joint, ranks Kentucky fifth in the nation, much higher than it is in the AP and USA Today Coaches poll. Like the RPI, KenPom, Sagarin, and Massey ratings, the BPI uses a bunch of math, not human opinion, to determine which teams are worthy of the NCAA Tournament. In its explanation on ESPN.com, the BPI is described as the biggest aid for the NCAA Tournament committee, and it is the only of the four major ratings systems to account for injury.
You can read more about the BPI and how it is determined here.
You can read more about Kentucky’s current BPI here.

As one of the very, very few UK fans on this forum I find this interesting:....and I also find it even more interesting that UK has been slowly, quietly, and almost invisibly creeping toward the upper echelons of the bpi ratings.

Man it sure is lonesome on this forum if you are a UK fan...can't even start an argument...cause no UK fans are around to have your back....phark!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the daily espn CBB fans went to another site. And even then you might get one or two threads about actual basketball in 10. UK is still young to me and they tend to get lost for stretches in games. against weak competition you can recover but not sure it is good technique come march. Love that the sec backloaded our home and away this year. Should be some good games.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Harrison twins are big and strong....penetrate to the basket well...but are slow and a lot of times they get burnt by smaller quicker guards. Adapting a one for all and all for one attitude will go a long way toward alleviating UK's defensive problems......{giving help and talking to each other}.while getting back in transition.

Damn UK has sucked in getting back in transition this year...but they are starting to slowly do it...a little better each time I see them.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tabascojet, how do you think your front line will play against UK? Right now I think Fla's strength is in their guards, with the front line definitely looking better as the season goes on. I do think your guards will have problems holding off the Harrisons from penetrating to the hoop. But I feel they will school the Harrisons on the outside.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent watched enough Uk games to know for sure. Prather will probably play his usual lights out but young is still a question to me. Any big man with real skills can neutralize him as a scoring threat. He never became what horford did. Finney-smith is getting good minutes and looks better each game.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-at 20-2, Florida has matched the best start in program history.

-Gators currently on a 14 game win streak. Haven't lost since a one-point decision @Connecticut on Dec. 2

-Florida has won 28 straight games at home (haven't lost at home in almost two years...last home loss was Mar. 4, 2012 to #1 Kentucky)

-Florida ranks first in the SEC and sixth in the nation in scoring defense, allowing 57.4 points per game.

-today: Bama at Florida (ESPN). In the first meeting, Florida won 68-62 at Alabama. Pregame.com: "We should get a game with a 66-53 type final, but I would not at all be surprised to see Alabama being held in the 40's here."

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 in a row, 29 in a row at home...... just go ahead and engrave the trophy now!

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky heads down to Miss State, who is 11-2 at home (3-1 in SEC with a L 51-62 to Florida). Kentucky is 2-3 on the road

UK freshman G Dominique Hawkins on over-looking Miss State: “We definitely don’t want to do that because we know playing in the SEC anything can happen,” Hawkins said.

"Going into atmospheres on the road, I never experienced anything like this before and I think it's insane how the fans are yelling at us, telling us names that I never heard before," Hawkins said. "It's just unique though how the fans come up with creative stuff just to try to mess with us and get in our heads."

"I think they've already learned that any road game in the SEC is tough," UK senior G Jarrod Polson said. "Us veterans have told them: It doesn't matter what team you're playing; if you're on the road in the SEC, it's going to be a dogfight."

"It's kind of just us against the world when we're on the road," Polson said

John Calipari said:
"This is a great challenge. They left our building (the 1st time MSU played UK) saying, 'We can beat these guys.' "
"It's a huge game there, sellout and everything else going on," Calipari said. "It will be a hard game for us."

"We're excited for the challenge and hopefully we can come out with a win," Polson said. Their fans are pretty crazy down there. ... their fans are really passionate down there and hopefully we can just kind of translate that out and get a W.”

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 in a row, 29 in a row at home...... just go ahead and engrave the trophy now!

in his press conference yesterday, Calipari said UF is the only team ahead of the rest of the pack in the SEC

“LSU lost (to Georgia), but that’s this league. Georgia went to Missouri and won. You know, this league is that way. Tennessee, I was surprised they lost to Vandy, but then you look around and Vandy has won five-straight games. So our win at Vandy is a pretty good win. Florida is just head-and-shoulders above everybody right now. I think they’re not only veteran players, but they’ve got talent. A combination of those, and those guys are a little bit above the rest of us. We got some time before we play them, but the rest of us are kind of lumped in there. ...You talk about leagues, you know, this league is right there with any of them."

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky is not out of it yet. They have the size and quickness to beat us twice..and if they do, they win the SEC. I'm surprised that Billy Donovan is not trying to get Chris Walker more playing time. He didn't play that much today and when he did play, it was mostly at center. Alabama played about as good as they can play, however had some horrific turn overs. Their point guard, Relaford had a great day; especially in the first half. Alabama shot the ball lights out and we did as well. At any rate, IMO, if we are going to make a serious NCAA run, Chris Walker has to be part of that.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mizzou -6 at home vs arky....big spread for a team that has lost its last 3.