• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice hurt his knee and head, no word yet on severity

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they realize they will be the next NFC West team to fall.............. They spent way to much money on Bowman.

Can't believe those clowns actually make game threads on their board for all Seahawk games just so they can have private pity parties. Talk about fail.

:wtf2:

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my god, 7 1st downs and 135 yds. unbelievable

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe those clowns actually make game threads on their board for all Seahawk games just so they can have private pity parties. Talk about fail.

Lmao@ Seagulls :lol:. Just meet them in the playoffs and play em at home and really embarrass em please!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First win in 3 years in the NFL with under 150 yds of total offense...

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C0BQCVC.jpg

Russell Wilson gets some key lead blocking here from McQuistan and Bowie.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, and it has more posts in it than our thread on the game. Funny thing is that they've posted more about it post game by close to 100 posts than the Seahawks have.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was wrong about Bevell.

He somehow managed to hijack the Rams radio system and called that last play for them.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank god we won. I couldn't handle the Hawks losing and watching the bandwagon Red Sox fans celebrating a game 5 win.

I was shaking my head tonight. The STL team I hope wins, loses and the STL football team I hope loses, almost wins. :gaah:

Their last play call was sent from Bevell over to Shottenheimer or maybe called from Marty to Brian.

An empty backfield? Really? :L

I've seen a good 30 empty backfield sets and I can't recall even 1 ever working. Hyperbole much? Heck, I don't think so. It's the worst O formation I see and can't understand why it's even in the playbook.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post game review of pre game post:

Kellen Clemens - 15-31 158 0-2. He really looked bad a times and both picks were just bad.

Rams Defense - Missed this one. Not only did our line look bad, but it just appeared their D wanted to win more than our O did.

Pass Rush - We got some pressure, but for the most part not much. The Rams did run the ball and throw short paterns to keep the pass rush limited.

Zac Stacy - He killed us, showing that the Rams may have found a solid running game if they need it (which they do). His 134 yards wasn't just the most by any player against the Seahawks this season, but more than all but one other team (Texans). He was also the second back to get 100 yards this season.

Tavon Austin - Didn't have much of an impact in the game, but it appears their efforts to get him involved have failed as much because he can't grasp the playbook as any other reason.

Fumbles - Neither team had much a problem. The only fumble was on the Clemens pass.

Turnovers - Seattle got two turnovers to 0 by the Rams. This was the difference as the Seahawks were given a very short field after Sherman's pick that led to their first TD, which without which would have obviously ended in a Seahawks loss.

Jared Cook - 3-31. Looked at times like he could make a difference, but he did drop some big passes and ended up letting the Seahawks D off the hook.

Marshawn Lynch - Lynch had more yards negated due to Sweezy than he actually gain officially. The Rams were selling out to stop the run, and in a way the pass cause the Seahawks inability to pass block didn't allow Wilson enough time to let patterns develop.

Seattle is very lucky to have won this game. Too many penalties, and way to many unblocked defenders in the backfield. Cannot play like this when playing teams like New Orleans, plain and simple.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was wrong about Bevell.

He somehow managed to hijack the Rams radio system and called that last play for them.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I hit submit at the same time.... I'm so glad someone is watching with the same lenses I am.

Bevell throws 1 effective screen and then it's back to an empty backfield set and pressure on Rwill for a throw away. :L

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell throws 1 effective screen and then it's back to an empty backfield set and pressure on Rwill for a throw away. :L

Yeah, I don't understand his refusal to use screen passes. He ran 2 (1 to Turbin 1 to Lynch) and yet Wilson was getting hit before a 3 step block. If he would have thrown more screens, it would make Long and Quinn question if they really got through the block that easily or if they're allowing the RB have running room. It would have at least made them think about it.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post game review of pre game post:

Seattle is very lucky to have won this game. Too many penalties, and way to many unblocked defenders in the backfield. Cannot play like this when playing teams like New Orleans, plain and simple.

How Z missed that fg against us was a saving grace, too. The W will be big at season's end when we get on a roll.

That is what is amazing. We are 7-1 and haven't even had one of the 7 wins as impressive as we were playing at the end of last year. Get the OT's back, add in Harvin and let's go, boys.

It seemed that we thought we'd show up and win once Bradford was out. I think our guys literally took an 11 day vacation.

It's a wake up call.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell simply doesn't game plan and doesn't make adjustments.

Sure the Rams stacked the box, but if you only run it 8 times with your stud RB OF COURSE they arent going to resist the temptation to go full bore at your QB.There is no attempt to soften up the defense, no attempt to get Wilson outside to throw it, and only ONE PLAY I can remember where they let him play action (I think) and give himself room to throw and he hits Tate for an 80 yard TD.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I hit submit at the same time.... I'm so glad someone is watching with the same lenses I am.

There is just no other explanation for them stealing a play from Bevell's book except that he put it there himself.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand his refusal to use screen passes. He ran 2 (1 to Turbin 1 to Lynch) and yet Wilson was getting hit before a 3 step block. If he would have thrown more screens, it would make Long and Quinn question if they really got through the block that easily or if they're allowing the RB have running room. It would have at least made them think about it.

I've given up. In the 1st game Carolina post that is still out there, I listed the teams that we needed to focus on the screen game, so our franchise QB wouldn't get killed.

The Rams front 7 was listed and that was before Okung and Breno getting hurt.

It's frustrating because I worry about the unnecessary pounding RWill is taking. I had eyes on both games tonight and saw the beautiful screen to Turbin that I've been hyping week after week. The horse hide is now a new pair of boots but it's ridiculous when our fans can watch the game, instantly see what needs to be done and the O-Co that dissects film, still has his head up his @$$? Then the next is empty backfield and I went back to focusing on STL Cards.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that Carroll and Schneider see what we see and make the decision to let the guy go.

But then I am reminded that the moron got an extension at the end of last year and I lose hope.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the Bevell complaints,but why not look at the OL coach, first? The OL blocking is so frigging bad and it gets worse ever week, how does Cable escape your wrath? I don't get that at all.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the Bevell complaints,but why not look at the OL coach, first? The OL blocking is so frigging bad and it gets worse ever week, how does Cable escape your wrath? I don't get that at all.

Agree 100%. The two best lineman on the team Okung and Unger were here before Cable. The guys they drafted Carpenter, Moffitt, Sweezy arent there yet. Sweezy is getting worse and worse with his penalities. Not sure why they continue to ignore it in the draft besides trying to be creative with these 7th round projects.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now 49er fans are over there naming quarterbacks who will never win a ring. They put Alex Smith in there :laugh3:.