• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Kellen Clemons - Any time you're looking at a back up it's better for you're team than it is for the team starting the back up. Clemons has been around for a while, but he hasn't been stellar when he has started. Defense can't rest on their laurels, but they should be able to force him into mistakes.

Rams Defense - I was thinking this unit would be better, but they seem to play a style that is perfect for the Seahawks. 1) They are 31st against the run. 2) They are 31st in yards per pass attempt. So, an offense like Seattle's which relies heavily on the run and then the big play in the passing game, this should be a solid opponent.

Pass Rush - The Seahawks pass rush has been really good this season, and with a back up QB that could mean a big night for Seattle. The Rams do like to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly, but with the LOB that may not be possible. Look for a few sacks tonight.

Negatives:

Zac Stacy - Big physical runner who has St. Louis thinking they may have found a running game. He's averaging 70 yards a game the last 3 games, and most importantly he hasn't put the ball on the field. Carolina held him to 3.1 ypa, so if the Seahawks stop him and force the Rams to throw the ball, it'll be a long night for Clemons.

Tavon Austin - He was supposed to be Harvin 2.0, but he just hasn't had that impact yet. They will try to get him the ball in space and let him make a move. It hasn't been as successful as they would have liked yet, but he is very fast and athletic, so tackling needs to be good tonight. If there really is a weakness in the Hawks defensive backfield, it's facing slot receivers (and if the Rams try to put Austin on Browner, he may need help with the shifty smaller receiver).

Fumbles - The Rams are 4th in fumbles recovered (7) this season, while the Seahawks are 31st in fumbles lost (8). The Rams will come after the ball, and the Seahawks have been known to give it up, Seattle will have to not give the ball to the Rams with short field, or stop their own drives deep in scoring territory.

Matchups:

Turnovers - As always turnovers are gonna be important. The Rams have only turned the ball over 9 times this season (5 from fumbles) while the Seahawks forced 19. On the flip side, The Seahawks have committed 12 turnover (2 in each of the last 5 games) and that Rams have forced 12.

Jared Cook vs. Bobby Wagner/Cam Chancellor - Cook has given the Rams a solid receiving threat at the TE position, which they may look to get more involved with Clemons under center.

Marshawn Lynch vs. Eveyone - Lynch has only 1 100 yard game this season, and the Rams are a prime candidate for him to get another one. DeMarco Murray had 175, Frank Gore 153, so I would expect Lynch to give them similar problems.

Overview:

This game should be winnable. The only real issue in this game is that it's in St. Louis, otherwise facing a run weak D and a back up QB is a perfect situation for a Seahawk dominating performance. Unfortunately, the biggest problem with the Seahawks this season is letting opponents hang around, and though they haven't had to pay for it that often (just the Indy game) it could be a problem later on. The 9ers won, so to stay a game ahead, the Seahawks need to win this game. The offense needs to limit it's mistakes and this game should be handled easily.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you lose this game, Bradford in or not. StL was overhyped coming into the season. Your team's strengths line up well with their team's weaknesses. If you guys don't win by at least 14, I'd be surprised.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you lose this game, Bradford in or not. StL was overhyped coming into the season. Your team's strengths line up well with their team's weaknesses. If you guys don't win by at least 14, I'd be surprised.

agreed, but like the Jacksonville game, I try not to get too over excited in the pregame outlook posts.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long we avoid turning it over deep in our territory and protect RW decently we should win pretty easily.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go greedy and want a blowout massacre. Line is -11 and hope we at least double that by end of game. Leave no doubt whose #1 in the NFC.

42-10 will do. Go Hawks!!!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only thing that worries me about this game is the match-up between our offensive line and their defensive line. Our offensive line is giving out free hits on Wilson like candy on Halloween and their defensive line has on it two of the better pass rushers in the league. I'm thinking we'll see heavy doses of Lynch to get them thinking 'run' early, followed by play-action passes, with some quick hitters mixed in. Pretty much anything to keep Wilson upright.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we play mistake free and don't give away points (turnovers on our side of the field, blocked fgs returned for a td) we should win by 20-30 pts

I'm going to be modest and predict 31-0

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Christine Michael the entire 4th quarter after Lynch has 130 yds and 2 TDs. I want to see T-Jack and Kearse working that same quarter. I want to see a +4 turnover ratio and I want to see 10+ sacks by our Defense. I want to see six 5 minute plus drives ending in TDs.

48-13 (Austin or Givens burns someone)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would this to be the game where we run the ball 50 times and all three backs get a good amount of carries. Give lynch 20 carries, split the rest between turbin and michael.

my biggest fear in this game is good ol bevell not doing any planning around their pass rush and letting Wilson stand around in the pocket getting hammered.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget about Greg Z who had 4 FG's in route to our W last year.

He's our secret weapon!! lol

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stood out to me the most about this weekend's games was that some of the NFL teams are really starting to separate themselves. By that, I mean the good teams are starting to look really good and the bad/mediocre teams are showing. This was evident by a few lopsided scores.

IMO, the Hawks are already an elite team, but if they want to make a statement to the rest of the league, I kinda expect a blowout as well...... Get rid of all the unnecessary turnovers and I think we will see that result. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, a W is all that matters to me.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stood out to me the most about this weekend's games was that some of the
NFL teams are really starting to separate themselves. By that, I mean the good
teams are starting to look really good and the bad/mediocre teams are showing.
This was evident by a few lopsided scores.

I'm curious as to who you think this about? No disrespect intended either. The Broncos started hot and still look ok, but they seem to be losing steam. And we all know this league is about how you finish, not start. San Fran looked solid. You all are solid and will be stupid after Percy gets back healthy. Detroit/Dallas looked good, but against a really good D I think will struggle. Packers look good, but have O-line issues. Bears have no Cutler. Saints are strong and ATL is done. NFC East? KC looks good but who have they played? Another great D with a game manager QB and decent weapons. Indy lost Wayne, but still will be tough. Houston looks lost and the bye could not have come soon enough. Cincy could be that team that comes on strong at the end, but Geno and the Jets didn't look hot in that game. Baltimore won't sneak up on anyone. New England just got beat by Geno with Gronk.

As usual, the NFL is up in the air. Unless you look at the NFC West.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we have a good lead by the half and the Hawks don't sleep on the Rams D.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Robinson back, I expect expect less behind the scrimage line contact for Lynch. He's going to be punching some big holes into the Rams tonight. 45-20. I generously give the Rams 20 only because I think our second string will play a big chunk in the second half.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game better be good,i left my work (if you wanna call it that) early to come home and make some good grub etc.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game better be good,i left my work (if you wanna call it that) early to come home and make some good grub etc.

I hear you. I'm leaving work right (early) now. However, I'm headed to a sports bar so my wife can meet up with me later on to watch the game. She can't leave work early....

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually get to watch my Hawks on TV in glorious HD for a change. It had DAMN well better be a good game!

I've got my lucky Oliva Serie G cigar and a bottle of Johnny Walker primed and ready to rock for kickoff. Let's do this thing!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to who you think this about? No disrespect intended either. The Broncos started hot and still look ok, but they seem to be losing steam. And we all know this league is about how you finish, not start. San Fran looked solid. You all are solid and will be stupid after Percy gets back healthy. Detroit/Dallas looked good, but against a really good D I think will struggle. Packers look good, but have O-line issues. Bears have no Cutler. Saints are strong and ATL is done. NFC East? KC looks good but who have they played? Another great D with a game manager QB and decent weapons. Indy lost Wayne, but still will be tough. Houston looks lost and the bye could not have come soon enough. Cincy could be that team that comes on strong at the end, but Geno and the Jets didn't look hot in that game. Baltimore won't sneak up on anyone. New England just got beat by Geno with Gronk.

As usual, the NFL is up in the air. Unless you look at the NFC West.

Broncos losing steam? I didn't see that at all, they steamrolled a very mediocre Washington team, despite after being down 21-7 or so midway through the 3rd quarter. They whooped WAS, as they should be. Cinci looked very strong and will definitely be the team to contend with in the AFC.

The Niners, Saints, and Packers showed they are the elites of the NFC. I was not surprised by the 9ers score at all and the Saints beat a decent, but not bad Bills by a very wide margin (no surprise there as well). The GB score on the hand is a bit misleading as GB dominated a very very bad Minn team.

Then you have teams like Dal, Det, NE, Car who are good teams but I wouldn't consider them elites. Carolina is obviously the weakest of the link, but I think they are close to being a good team. I left KC out despite their 8-0 record because I'm still not totally convinced yet. Their defense is ridiculous but I still want them to see them play someone first.